For sale 1996 Swift Kontiki 640

barryd

Just trying this for comments more than anything else. Ill need to sell Hank the Tank 1 now I have a new one incoming. If this needs moving Admin then please do so but Im after suggestions and ideas for selling more than anything and hopefully the thread will be a bit of fun. Ideas welcome as ill be sticking it up on Facebook, maybe Ebay etc.

1996 Swift Kontiki 640

A most genuine reluctant sale of our beloved "Hank the Tank" who we have owned for 16 years! I Think only two previous owners from new.

90K+ miles
2.5TD Peugeot Boxer engine
MOT until 8 April 2025

The good bits

Its dry! Lovely on the inside, no stains or smells or damp.
A little quirky but everything works and is very simple to operate.
Camos 40cm Satellite TV dome
100w Solar panel
new(ish) 110ah Leisure battery
11kg Gaslow refillable LPG system with space for a 6kg Calor backup
Armitage trailers scooter rack. The best you can get. Van payload will take a small scooter or lightweight trail bike etc.

The not so good

Gearbox is crunchy, mainly 3rd and 5th. Has been for years
Cold starting problem. Very lumpy at first and kicks out a fair bit of smoke but perfectly fine once under way. It probably need the injectors doing (not been done for ten years) and / or glow plugs. Engine is very reliable though and never lets us down.
Body work on the exterior shows its age. Some flaking paint on the cab areas.
A few MOT advisories but nothing that cant be fixed reasonably easily.

Priced to reflect the above for a quick sale. £8500.

Few pics. Suggestions welcome

I reckon you should donate it to the Rock God Hall Of Fame. (y) 🎸

I was going to put in the ad that my 2021 Album "Price to Pay" was pretty much written in that van along with several two hour Rock God challenge videos being recorded in it but I thought it sounded a bit pretentious. :ROFLMAO:

Actually it would suit a Muso. Its fantastic for recording in. Total acoustic dead zone. Ive often thought about recording in there at home but not sure what the neighbours would make of it.

A music tourist attraction for up and coming new talent to visit and gain inspiration :ROFLMAO:

I also think Hank deserves a song dedicated to him, similar to Elton John song titled Vincent.........I'd buy it (y)

A music tourist attraction for up and coming new talent to visit and gain inspiration :ROFLMAO:

I also think Hank deserves a song dedicated to him, similar to Elton John song titled Vincent.........I'd buy it (y)

Great idea. For some reason though I fear it might turn into a Country and Western song and we cant have that. :ROFLMAO:

Just trying this for comments more than anything else. Ill need to sell Hank the Tank 1 now I have a new one incoming. If this needs moving Admin then please do so but Im after suggestions and ideas for selling more than anything and hopefully the thread will be a bit of fun. Ideas welcome as ill be sticking it up on Facebook, maybe Ebay etc.

1996 Swift Kontiki 640

A most genuine reluctant sale of our beloved "Hank the Tank" who we have owned for 16 years! I Think only two previous owners from new.

90K+ miles
2.5TD Peugeot Boxer engine
MOT until 8 April 2025

The good bits

Its dry! Lovely on the inside, no stains or smells or damp.
A little quirky but everything works and is very simple to operate.
Camos 40cm Satellite TV dome
100w Solar panel
new(ish) 110ah Leisure battery
11kg Gaslow refillable LPG system with space for a 6kg Calor backup
Armitage trailers scooter rack. The best you can get. Van payload will take a small scooter or lightweight trail bike etc.

The not so good

Gearbox is crunchy, mainly 3rd and 5th. Has been for years
Cold starting problem. Very lumpy at first and kicks out a fair bit of smoke but perfectly fine once under way. It probably need the injectors doing (not been done for ten years) and / or glow plugs. Engine is very reliable though and never lets us down.
Body work on the exterior shows its age. Some flaking paint on the cab areas.
A few MOT advisories but nothing that cant be fixed reasonably easily.

Priced to reflect the above for a quick sale. £8500.

Few pics. Suggestions welcome

Old(er) van but a bargain at that price ?

Old(er) van but a bargain at that price ?

I thought so. Ive been openly honest about all the stuff thats not so good with it. The new owner could either live with it as I have or spend a few quid and sort it. We were certainly intending to carry on using it this year as is not least of all because I have nobody local to sort it. It would suit somebody who is mechanically minded really. Satellite Domes are around £1400 I think and a new Armitage rack also £1400.

Knowing what I know about payloads and racks the fact that its got a rear lounge and will take a scooter on the back is gold if you want that layout and want a scooter. That could be a negative I suppose if its a young family that wants it. There is a Fiamma bike carrier lurking in the back of my garage somewhere though. The scooter rack I reckon would need a mechanic to get it off now though. Its not coming out easily.

Good van for the money. I wouldn’t bother mentioning the bad bits that’s the buyers job to ask the questions.
Bargain to be had when you see some of the sh1te out there for bigger bucks👍

Good van for the money. I wouldn’t bother mentioning the bad bits that’s the buyers job to ask the questions.
Bargain to be had when you see some of the sh1te out there for bigger bucks👍

I think I would rather go for the honest approach. I dont want people driving a hundred miles only to find out it needs this that or the other. I think the fact that Ive owned it 16 years and had so much joy out of it and know every inch of it and intend to be totally honest about it should be a good selling point. I hope that honesty will come across in the eventual advert.

If I get no interest Ill just put it on a plinth in the back field with a guitar through the roof or summat. :ROFLMAO:

When you are posting photos, take out the water bottle, shoes, charging leads, coats, cleaning products, stuff in the bathroom etc. The emptier it is, the cleaner it looks (not cleaner as in dirty, I mean as in unfussy).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back