External fitting - Chinese diesel night heater.

Hi Guys, can any one tell me subjectively just now noisy these units are at tickover and full chat? :unsure:
Have a look on uTube there's one that actually measures its volume right thru its start up sequence where you can hear it for yourself

I had one and it isn’t really that noisy once upto temperature, when it first started it was noisier as it would be on full to get the van warm, me and my two grandkids slept in the van and it didn’t bother us. Mine was open under the passenger seat though, if it’s fitted inside a cupboard with duckting I should think it’s fairly quiet.

My Chinese heater on full chat is quiet more of a thrum,on low its pump is annoying so I suspended the pump instead of it being fixed to the bodywork, that quietened it down.

Is the 4th picture in the ad showing the unit spontaneously bursting into flames?? :giggle:
:giggle: :oops: £$%^, I didn't see that before I bought it 😨. Must do more research!
It hasn't happened yet, it is in my garage, but I will move it away from the ammo box now I've seen that.

Regarding noise, this all-in-one heater is very noisy, in my garage.

On a similar note, once when we were away in France my missus woke at around 1am petrified someone was try to gas us or set fire to us. She had heard the noise of a van parked next to use eberspacher start up. And insisted I went out to check 👻.

Does anyone know is it possible to get kero or heating oil from a pump / litre. about £0.90 cheaper /litre than diesel.

:giggle: :oops: £$%^, I didn't see that before I bought it 😨. Must do more research!
Does anyone know is it possible to get kero or heating oil from a pump / litre. about £0.90 cheaper /litre than diesel.
20 ltr cans of Kerosene and red diesel on ebay But most Oil suppliers I'm sure would fill a can of either for you.

It hasn't happened yet, it is in my garage, but I will move it away from the ammo box now I've seen that.

On a similar note, once when we were away in France my missus woke at around 1am petrified someone was try to gas us or set fire to us. She had heard the noise of a van parked next to use eberspacher start up. And insisted I went out to check 👻.

Lots of garages now sell 28sec heating oil from the pump, mind you they use so little I would just run off the diesel tank.

I'm up in Scotland and the shell station has red at a pump. You need to go in to fill form out then thay put it on. You could try shell garage near you. Would imagine others are doing it.

I'm up in Scotland and the shell station has red at a pump. You need to go in to fill form out then thay put it on. You could try shell garage near you. Would imagine others are doing it.
I've checked their web site and the local ones to me only show:

Fuel Available
Shell V-Power Unleaded
Shell V-Power Diesel
Shell FuelSave Unleaded
Shell FuelSave Diesel

I'm in Somerset

min delivery is 500 litres @ around 30p / l

20l on ebay is 150p p/l

I'll call my local oil depot and see what they do

Here's mine fitted in the garage of my chieftain

Attachments

• IMG_20210118_135300596_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210118_135300596_HDR.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 147
I wonder if the delivery man would fill me a Jerry can when he fills our main heating tank.

I don't see why he shouldn't.
Have you not a drain tap at other end, or use a syphon hose or electric pump from the top.

I might even get a biggish tank next to the cabin in the garden where the heater is going.

The delivery man can just fill both tanks then. I'm sure I could find a 50 litre or so tank somewhere, that would keep it going!

No drain tap Trev but could syphon some off.

Julie wouldn't be very happy though if I kept nicking the heating oil from the tank.
Mine is disconnected at moment from boiler, so i fill some 5 ltr jars and take them into the garage and have a outboard tank connected to the burner filter, so i can see how much oil i burn in 12hr cycles.
Im for moving the tanks in spring when i make a new stand to lift them 18 inches of the ground.
Get a tap if you fancy a heater in the garage. (y) i have some rads in mine which is handy.

The air intake should be taken from the cab to reheat.
The heated air comes from the inside of the garage which is effectively inside the vehicle, the air used for combustion must be drawn in from the outside however

A common technique with the Eberspacher Airtronics was to mount under the drivers seat, but EXTERNALLY.
The hot air outlet would be routed in the space between the front seats. The fresh air intake would not be left to just use air from outside but routed to the driver door step, so nicely out the way but recycling internal air for efficiency.
they still do it that way on VW's however there are protection panels already there and the eberspachers are far more water resistant than the chinese heaters which have absolutely no attempt at stopping any water ingress with a totally bare circuit board as the ECU, even the eberspachers are generally mounted in a virtually waterproof metal box when fitted under most vans with ducting for both cool air in and hot air out entering the interior of the vehicle for recirculating.

Bringing ambient air from outside with a eberspacher heater is akin to having your central heating on in your house with your windows open....

Pointless waste of fuel....

Parking heaters are designed to recirculate cabin air so they are only heating the space they are designed for NOT the whole of the world.
not only that but unless they have an optional controller with a built in thermistor the eberspacher D2 / D4 s at least have the thermistor built onto the side of the ECU and it regulates the room temperature using the temperature of the recirculated air passing through the heater.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back