Electrolux fridge problem

Where's Wintoian when you want him. He used to take his fridge in bits every 3 mnths.
A lot of the time crud from the flue causing his woes, which gets me to thinking after most of our vehicles being stood ...worth making a mental note as we start vanning again and fridges start playing up ?

On ours the 12v and Mains are at other end of fridge and are red and green (IIRC), but the ignitor switch is next to gas controls and is orange

Here's the pics I took last night. Been out all day, first chance I've had to post up.

Sounds like our fridge is similar or same as yours, Colin?

Fridge LHS:-

Fridge controls LHS.jpg

Fridge RHS:-

Fridge controls RHS.jpg

Fridge Electrolux manual-01.jpg

Fridge Electrolux manual-02.jpg

Fridge Electrolux manual-03.jpg

Here's the pics I took last night. Been out all day, first chance I've had to post up.

Ours is the same or similar model, although I had thought the control panel was flat, but might be wrong.

The burner assembly clearly needs a thorough clean.

What nobody has mentioned yet is the well known problem with these fridges. The push in thermocouple knob sometimes does not go in far enough.

Remove the knob, turn and depress the spindle and see if that works.

If so pack the knob recess to increase clearance.

Taken apart - cabling insulation for spark plug corroded.

4379007B-CB46-45E6-88EA-352AC458AD7D.jpeg

FA35067B-F933-4333-973F-D3F55DEF5228.jpeg

84987A11-82E5-4252-A09F-78E06E81F599.jpeg

Last edited:
when these things leak ,there's sparks coming out of every crack . the electrode looks like it'll clean up ok , just needs the lead sorting out . test it at night to show up any leakage

when these things leak ,there's sparks coming out of every crack . the electrode looks like it'll clean up ok , just needs the lead sorting out . test it at night to show up any leakage
Why does that remind me of riding old bikes in the rain and plugs sparking across to your knees lol

Behold the crap in the gas jet part:

ADF996AA-87CE-4A00-BDAE-9E2090DAA5FB.jpeg

(jet blockage is apparently the main cause of fridges not starting up)

Do you think I will need to take the fridge out & replace the whole lead - or can I patch up the insulation in some way?
(Used heat shrink once but don’t have any)

Why does that remind me of riding old bikes in the rain and plugs sparking across to your knees lol
i had an AJS500 twin when i was 14 ,and decided an inline switch off a table lamp,wired into the HT lead, would be a good anti theft device . about to set off one day ,i put the bike in 1st ,and then remembered the switch , which i hadn't tried yet . another painful lesson learnt

Do you think I will need to take the fridge out & replace the whole lead - or can I patch up the insulation in some way?
(Used heat shrink once but don’t have any)
as long as you have enough slack ,you should be able to cut away the bad insulation and reconnect . not sure how hot that might get though ,but it must be fixable

K
as long as you have enough slack ,you should be able to cut away the bad insulation and reconnect . not sure how hot that might get though ,but it must be fixable
I‘ve refitted the igniter, as shown below, then tried the switch which flashes away, but no sparks be seen.
Does it need to be totally insulated first?

BF2F16B3-B597-4405-8AF9-32026B874484.jpeg

Think I need a new lead & / or igniter?

K
I‘ve refitted the igniter, as shown below, then tried the switch which flashes away, but no sparks be seen.
Does it need to be totally insulated first?

View attachment 84180

Think I need a new lead & / or igniter?

The sparks jump to ground they won't jump in mid air, and it very honorable to reuse the original bits but to be honest I would buy new replacements

Fridge LHS:-

View attachment 84155

Fridge RHS:-

View attachment 84156

View attachment 84157

View attachment 84158

View attachment 84159
The written-in question: yes, the mains and 12v switches should both be off.

The user guide for my fridge (different model) also has a completely wrong "helpful" comment written in by a previous owner.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back