Drink driving in Scotland

Its not rocket science, if you drink, don't drive, no matter if you would pass some arbitrary test, it will affect you, no point in drinking if it didnt is there. I used to have a couple of pints and drive home, probably wouldn't have passed, different times, different thinking.
I think that’s how most of us feel on here.
Particularly when driving Motorhomes, which are more demanding to drive than a car. The penalties for drunk driving are severe, and the stigma and the shame can be even worse.

Was chatting to a police officer last night who works in traffic.
He informed me that a lot of non Scot’s are being prosecuted in Scotland.
Most being unaware, or who have forgotten about our lower drink driving limits.
I think it’s worth highlighting that the limit in Scotland is much lower than in England and Wales. So if heading up here just be aware of this.
From memory it’s 80 in England and Wales, but only 50 up here.
I think the whole of Ireland now has the lower limit, not just the republic.
Also worth noting.

Don't drink before driving. Scotland's drink drive limit was reduced from 80mg to 50mg in December 2014 and is now the same as many other European countries. The drink drive limit in Scotland is 50mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
Im surprised the racist card has not been pulled. ;)

Its not rocket science, if you drink, don't drive, no matter if you would pass some arbitrary test, it will affect you, no point in drinking if it didnt is there. I used to have a couple of pints and drive home, probably wouldn't have passed, different times, different thinking.

I think that’s how most of us feel on here.
Particularly when driving Motorhomes, which are more demanding to drive than a car. The penalties for drunk driving are severe, and the stigma and the shame can be even worse.

Agreed. One good thing thats come out of this thread is the attitude to Drink Driving has certainly changed over the past few decades. I think we can all agree on that one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back