Double jab flu and corvid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark what was changed the definition of pandemic or vaccine. Or are you claiming that both have been changed. And can you please inform who “they“ are who have changed these definitions, and do the changes apply worldwide or just here in the U.K.

But here’s what I found from a 2021 definition of pandemic

“an epidemic occurring worldwide, or over a very wide area, crossing international boundaries and usually affecting a large number of people”.

And here is an up to date definition of the word vaccine.
Possibly you could claim that this differs from what I have been posting, and from what we have been told. My understanding is that it provides limited immunity from the worse symptoms, not the actual virus. But that difference would not initiate any change in acceptance of taking the vaccine.

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
"every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

In this case I'm referring to the word vaccine, and it seems you are accepting the definition changed by the use of "up to date definition". AKA, A change.
Also "But that difference" again, a change then!

In this case I'm referring to the word vaccine, and it seems you are accepting the definition changed by the use of "up to date definition". AKA, A change.
Also "But that difference" again, a change then!
I merely posted a definition published in 2021. It was not published as an update or a change as far as I am aware. No mention is made of this whatsoever mark. I have yet to read a definition which would alter my view in being vaccinated.

I had to go to bed i felt so bad this afternoon, shaking, skin very sensitive even my hands awful headache, and sore throat, this is on top of a cough runny hooter and sneezing at the weekend, Liz was bad yesterday but apart from her arm she feels better.
I have just booked you into this hospital, they will look after you and you will come out looking like new

Nobody knows for certain how ill they will be if getting CV-19 when unvaccinated, or even what symptoms they will get, they also don't know what ongoing problems it might cause.
So take me, living in one of the first areas to see a big outbreak before anyone fully realised quite how bad it would get, how it was transmitted, or even the full range of symptoms. I was ill for just a few days with little if any coughing, a non event you might think, it was only later in the year the full extent of what it did to me became evident. I showed (fortunately minor) heart damage, and became pre diabetic. Note it was not until quite some time later that diabetes became recognised as an outcome of CV-19.
I caught it in December 2019 before anyone knew anything about it, I was diagnosed with an unknown virus and was ill for a long time, my Wife Maggy caught it in January but recovered after a few weeks, she has been well since until January this year when she had a heart attack but we don't know if this is related.
Totally different for me, diagnosed with long covid in 2020, suffered from breathing difficulties since, I have no energy, I already had heart problems but I don't think that got worse but I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes early this year, recently being prescribed inhalers and my life has changed totally, I can go a week with no symptoms then it hits me hard, we have not used the van once since Dec 2019 and we are considering selling it, we are not miserable because there is no point and we will continue to make the best of our situation but I wish we could have had a vaccination before all this happened

Long covid is very, very real and here to stay. 😞

The thinking is along the lines of post-viral effects similar to ME, but they don’t really know enough about it yet, or what the best treatments might be in future.

It’s a serious problem for anyone suffering from it - I have a few friends suffering in similar ways to Terry and Maggy with no sign of any let up and for almost an equal length of time. Bloody awful.

Long covid is very, very real and here to stay. 😞

The thinking is along the lines of post-viral effects similar to ME, but they don’t really know enough about it yet, or what the best treatments might be in future.

It’s a serious problem for anyone suffering from it - I have a few friends suffering in similar ways to Terry and Maggy with no sign of any let up and for almost an equal length of time. Bloody awful.
And what’s really sad is some of this could have been avoided.
A neighbour refused to take vaccines, she almost died, but she is paying a terrible price now with long covid.
We can only hope that eventually in the vast majority of cases the effects will wear off. And or treatments will improve with greater knowledge of long covid.

You sure it isn’t the dreaded man flu? 🤔😳😉😎
A909572D-8721-4E99-AE2A-FFFF3F196311.jpeg

So there :cry:

No it am not you silly Goose, It's slowly going anyway, Lemsip rules, what I didn't understand is my Tinnitus was off the scale all day yesterday.

There's a lot of Sinusitis about at the moment Kev. Would that affect the Tinnitus?

Left it till now to post 'results', jab was on Wednesday, no ill effects at all.

I have just checked the diary and “they” have not changed the definition of the word vaccine.
I have also checked to see if the definition of the word pandemic has changed again no change.
What is ”to much intervention” and who defines what that is you, its certainly not WHO or any government body from any country.
Finally taking a small group of people and attempting to use this as the basis for any argument on this subject is not appropriate. But whilst we are on the subject it’s generally recognised that those who suffer most from the vaccine, would most likely have suffered most from covid. Hence why it’s important that they get the required boosters.
It was immunity and now it’s protect

I have just checked the diary and “they” have not changed the definition of the word vaccine.
I have also checked to see if the definition of the word pandemic has changed again no change.
What is ”to much intervention” and who defines what that is you, its certainly not WHO or any government body from any country.
Finally taking a small group of people and attempting to use this as the basis for any argument on this subject is not appropriate. But whilst we are on the subject it’s generally recognised that those who suffer most from the vaccine, would most likely have suffered most from covid. Hence why it’s important that they get the required boosters.
They used this term saying there was no treatment and thus the EUA could be used

They used this term saying there was no treatment and thus the EUA could be used

Your first link doesn't find any article.

A quick check into the background and context of both websites suggests a political bias.

Basically, neither websites demonstrate any gravitas or scientific impartiality on this particular issue.

I always try to keep an open mind, but on the basis of the two sources you've quoted I'll pass, thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back