Dartmoor landowner wins court case to ban wild camping.

Not only that, I assume it is the local council's money so council taxpayers who are against wild camping are going to be up in arms about it.

Hopefully all those who are wild camping in Dartmoor right now are doing so on his land. The more the merrier. This “judgement“ must be overturned.
I wonder if his land is included in the agreement...

One for Fisherman.
Does Scotland have rights to wildcamping on unfenced land?

Really sad when landowners behave this way. In Scotland with regards to those using tents the landowner would be in breech of the land reform act, but the act does does not cover vehicles, so it does not cover motorhomes. We never wild camp down south because we never felt comfortable when we did do it. It’s time that other parts of the U.K. followed our lead. Obviously the land reform act does not excuse or encourage poor behaviour. But sadly during covid the behaviour of some was appalling, creating issues for us all now. I do appreciate that as owners of the land the owners have rights, but the problem is no matter were you are you are on someone’s land.
Yes very few places south of say Birmingham. We look but mainly use CCC sites.
But we have overnighted a few times.
But just that ! Stopping 2 nights and the day between....almost zero.

Sign the petition!

Signed but I doubt it will do any good.

Wealthy landowners like this have the powers that be in their pockets.

I am pleased to see that this hedge fund manager is receiving much bad press.
Instead of highlighting poor behaviour of some who wild-camped, for a change the media seem to be doing what they should be doing and highlighting the poor selfish arrogant behaviour of this wealthy selfish man. I hope that those campaigning manage to raise the funds required to drag him through the courts and that justice is eventually done. (y) 🤞

Petition signed.

I am pleased to see that this hedge fund manager is receiving much bad press.
Instead of highlighting poor behaviour of some who wild-camped, for a change the media seem to be doing what they should be doing and highlighting the poor selfish arrogant behaviour of this wealthy selfish man. I hope that those campaigning manage to raise the funds required to drag him through the courts and that justice is eventually done. (y) 🤞

I hope so too Bill but I'm not holding my breath.

Such arrogance is blatant in this country and is getting worse, they just don't give a damn what people think of them.

Two ways to look at it, if you bought a large house with a massive garden would you want folk walking all over it, but over here a right of way exists if not challenged within 3 years.

Two ways to look at it, if you bought a large house with a massive garden would you want folk walking all over it, but over here a right of way exists if not challenged within 3 years.

You can still stomp all over his land Trev, just not camp on it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back