Damage sustained to van while in garage

I hate bullying in any form, if and when I come across it I find they don't like it when you turn the tables on them.
Can be a bit awkward though when the bully is twice your size, built like a brick poo house, with a bad reputation to match.
Such times, revenge served cold, is the best option. 😏😉😁
Wasn't going to give an example but sod it.
I was doing some work on a house, the parking area was shared so parked my van there. Later in the day the neighbour turns up and and bumps my van back 6" causing some dents to the wing.
The chap I was working for witnessed this and warned me about confronting the neighbour as he had a violent reputation, getting into fights and generally bullying people. Besides, he was much bigger than me and looked like a rottweiler with an itchy ar5e.

Three months later his I gave his jag a coat of paint stripper and spray painted the windows in the early hours of the morning. I was crapping myself because he had an alsation and I thought he might start barking. It didn't.

Not trying to influence Barryd in any way🤫

I know it is a bit late but have you tried
That's where I got my two windows from a Kontiki 2001 a lot cheaper than the uk and by the way you can fit them your self

Thanks. All attempts for used windows drew a blank but a repair has been done now. Jury is still out on that one though and as to what happens next.

If you are up for improving the repair that has already been done then you could try the following:- take a small amount of ground up perspex (acrylic) and dissolve it in methylene chloride until you get a thickish clear liquid, this should be similar to the parent material of the window, you can the fill in any of the obvious cracks and it should set clear. I worked in a lab and we used perspex for making various jigs and we used this method before Superglues were available.

If you are up for improving the repair that has already been done then you could try the following:- take a small amount of ground up perspex (acrylic) and dissolve it in methylene chloride until you get a thickish clear liquid, this should be similar to the parent material of the window, you can the fill in any of the obvious cracks and it should set clear. I worked in a lab and we used perspex for making various jigs and we used this method before Superglues were available.

Probably way beyond my capabilities but thanks for the idea. This supposedly being a top body shop you would think they would have done something similar. Not much effort gone in I dont think.

I think they just don't need to be messing with vans of that age, they wouldn't treat a newer one like that would they the discriminating barstewards, you pay the same labour rates as anyone else I assume.

That's a nice one to know.

Probably way beyond my capabilities but thanks for the idea. This supposedly being a top body shop you would think they would have done something similar. Not much effort gone in I dont think.
If you are not happy with their efforts which to me look pretty shabby. Go to Citizens advice to see how you stand and if advised then Small claims court. If you are advised to go to court it's easy and there is a good chance he will settle before going to court and risking a judgement against him.

If you are not happy with their efforts which to me look pretty shabby. Go to Citizens advice to see how you stand and if advised then Small claims court. If you are advised to go to court it's easy and there is a good chance he will settle before going to court and risking a judgement against him.

Still considering it. I may well give them a call on Monday.

They look pretty awful, just because your van is old doesn’t mean you should be expected to settle for a third rate bodge.
Do you think they would try and get away with such a shabby repair on a newer van ?
It looks like they have just stuck them back together with super glue

I had something the same a few years back, local coal truck hit mine and there boss would not admit or pay out, police got them to pay after finding out they had no teco graff working on the day, just over £600 for window, i polished and fixed the frame plus small dent in bodywork, folk will try any way out untill they are squeezed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back