Damage sustained to van while in garage

No I dont think they will be easier to break into. It was a half arsed attempt anyway. It was just the corners.

See what tomorrow brings and the MOT and what Michelle thinks of it when she sees it. It just angers me that after 30 years of my custom its come to this. There are two parts to this business and I rarely dealt with the owner and the body shop but he knows me, he knows I have even put business his way over all those decades as well as bringing my own vehicles in and this is how he behaves. As I said earlier though, he has clearly lost the plot. I wont be dealing with him again but I am tempted to take him to court. Just not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of it all and no doubt it will then eat into the summer season and using the van.
Please consider my advice earlier about the consumer rights programme on LBC.

It's on tomorrow night at 9pm.

I know my eyesight ain’t what it used to be, but I can’t see anything on the van photos that looks particularly out of place? 🤔 🤷‍♀️

Two things to consider 1. life is too short and 2. first world problems 🤗😉 👍

Marie is probably right but what I am so angry about is the abusive response and what was clearly a cover up and the refusal to accept responsibility. Even worse. No apology. I think however this guy is unwell. You had to be there to believe it. Yep the van is tatty now and 28 years old but thats not the point.

Lets see how it gets on with its test today. I had expected better results with the fix to be honest. Close ups below

I can understand your frustration AND unhappiness ...

BUT personally
I'd be trying to put it behind me and not expending a whole heap of energy and probably frustration on trying to get blood out of a stone .
As frankly it sounds like your not likely to get much further with the garage/body shop without a heap of effort and stress .

I can understand your frustration AND unhappiness ...

BUT personally
I'd be trying to put it behind me and not expending a whole heap of energy and probably frustration on trying to get blood out of a stone .
As frankly it sounds like your not likely to get much further with the garage/body shop without a heap of effort and stress .

Yes, I think you are right.

Yes, I think you are right.
I agree Barry but only if you can truly accept it and put it down to sh't happens. If you're just going to TRY and accept but actually fail and get pissed every time the repair catches your eye then you're probably better off long term getting it sorted.
Maybe check with you ins co that there'd be no excess payable on your part (the garage's ins co should cover that) and if so pass the whole issue over to them?

Crap fix IMHO.

My approach to such things is like a terrier shaking a rat, I don't let go until it's dead. Yeah, it's stressful but it's worth it when you gain the upper hand. No more feeling like you are being shat on, taken advantage of and being bullied into accepting a situation that is not of your making and only suits the other party.
Also, it's not your problem the guy is having a bad day.
Harsh maybe but you are not his therapist.

Having said all the above, it's your call Barry. However, it is a Motorhome we are talking about here. Have you no love in your heart for this blessed member of your family anymore ? Something that most people would take a bullet for. Have you never snarled at someone just for giving your beloved MH a dirty look?
If the answer to all the above is yes🥵, may I suggest you get a caravan, because obviously, you have gone to the dark side!

From what you've described, Barry, sounds like the guy might be on verge of nervous breakdown? Or maybe not. Perhaps his business is too much for him to cope with nowadays, or perhaps the business itself is struggling? You can't know the full personal circumstances of anyone's life. Sh*t happens, relationships end. Business liquidations and bankruptcy have been growing apace the last 2 years and no sign of slowing down anytime soon. 🤷‍♀️ :unsure:

From what you've described, Barry, sounds like the guy might be on verge of nervous breakdown? Or maybe not. Perhaps his business is too much for him to cope with nowadays, or perhaps the business itself is struggling? You can't know the full personal circumstances of anyone's life. Sh*t happens, relationships end. Business liquidations and bankruptcy have been growing apace the last 2 years and no sign of slowing down anytime soon. 🤷‍♀️ :unsure:

That was my thoughts Marie. He has always been a grumpy bugger but I seldom had to deal with him. This time though this is exactly what I thought. Shouting and swearing and threatening to just close the doors of the business and walk away, had enough etc etc. Close to the edge indeed, if not already over it. I could have torn him a new one to be honest but what would be the point? Its pointless getting confrontational with someone who is clearly not of sound mind. Its also pretty pointless trying to pursue it any further directly with him or them for more of the same. Ill see what Michelle makes of it when she sees it but the only course of action would be the legal route next I think. Any more conversations with him, I may as well go and argue with one of the sheep in the field behind our house.

That was my thoughts Marie. He has always been a grumpy bugger but I seldom had to deal with him. This time though this is exactly what I thought. Shouting and swearing and threatening to just close the doors of the business and walk away, had enough etc etc. Close to the edge indeed, if not already over it. I could have torn him a new one to be honest but what would be the point? Its pointless getting confrontational with someone who is clearly not of sound mind. Its also pretty pointless trying to pursue it any further directly with him or them for more of the same. Ill see what Michelle makes of it when she sees it but the only course of action would be the legal route next I think. Any more conversations with him, I may as well go and argue with one of the sheep in the field behind our house.
You are probably right . Report to trading standards (or relevant agency) and get on with your life ?
Did know a builder who went ape £$%^ when someone complained. He reckoned 90% didn't bother him again

Many years ago when I had recovery trucks, I used to move cars around for the biggest body work shop around here,
If they ever got a customer complaining, the owner used to do a similar thing as the owner of the garage Barry has just dealt with.
He used to get in a rage and threaten to just give up, or his favourite one was to make a member of staff responsible and would sack them there and then in front of the customer,
Until the customer left, then he would just laugh and say works every time they won’t be back complaining,
He was also the worst person i dealt with for paying, I would wait until I had a couple of his curtesy cars on my wagon that I would have collected for return,
Then before unloading I would tell him he wasn’t getting them back until he paid up, I had to do this every month, but I got on with him great probably because I didn’t fall for his bullying act

It’s called bullying 😈

Yes it is. We used a builder some time ago and when I got his bill I refused to pay for numerous extras he had put on it (a second skip that he filled with his junk; trying to charge us for his time driving to get materials; charges for decorating after HIS plumber caused a leak, etc). He stormed round to our house one evening shouting at my Mrs. When I stood in the doorway he backed away and rather bravely of him shouted at me from 25 feet away!

I never did pay him the extra and it amounted to £2k.

He was notorious as a bully and his men (including his son) were frightened of him! Suffice to say we never used him again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back