CAMPRA- Campaign for Real Aires

As one of the leadership team on Campra thanks for all your comments. There are a group of us with moderator powers. We are all trying to keep the group as a campaigning group, not a chat group. Some posts which you might think are relevant the moderator who picks it up may not.
The facebook page and the website are being looked at by councils and other outside bodies as the letters sent by members are having an effect. We are now being contacted by councils and companies asking how they can make sure that they have facilities for the surge of staystationers when lockdown is eased. You would be amazed how many think our main requirement is EHU. We are asking for waste points and overnight parking.
I have only booted one person off as they were trying to sell bitcoins. I have refused quite a few posts when they are just chatting.
Tin hat on
Perhaps a consolidated view by moderators may be in order. My denunciation was right at the start. We might not always agree with the moderator on here but at least he is consistent.

Perhaps a consolidated view by moderators may be in order. My denunciation was right at the start. We might not always agree with the moderator on here but at least he is consistent.
It is much easier to have a consolidated view when there is only one or two moderators. We are encouraging our members to move over to the website and forum.

It is much easier to have a consolidated view when there is only one or two moderators. We are encouraging our members to move over to the website and forum.

What’s vital is you don’t disenfranchise those who support CAMPRA.
There will be varying opinions, ideas, demands and expectations.
Now I know they cannot all be met, but they all must be given an ear.

I read on here one reason for leaving are some of the posts are extreme.
Well some of the posts on here are likewise, maybe some reckon my posts are the same. But we still remain members.

I hope that one day our kids and our grand kids won’t need CAMPRA. And they will benefit from what CAMPRA are trying to achieve today. And CAMPRA will have evolved into something more relevant to their time, for their needs.

What’s vital is you don’t disenfranchise those who support CAMPRA.
There will be varying opinions, ideas, demands and expectations.
Now I know they cannot all be met, but they all must be given an ear.

I read on here one reason for leaving are some of the posts are extreme.
Well some of the posts on here are likewise, maybe some reckon my posts are the same. But we still remain members.

I hope that one day our kids and our grand kids won’t need CAMPRA. And they will benefit from what CAMPRA are trying to achieve today. And CAMPRA will have evolved into something more relevant to their time, for their needs.
Sometimes the posts are not accepted as they are repeating links which were posted a couple of days before. This is a problem with facebook as the posts seem to go missing and people don't realise that the same thing has been put on by another member. This is one of the reasons for using the website more.

Sometimes the posts are not accepted as they are repeating links which were posted a couple of days before. This is a problem with facebook as the posts seem to go missing and people don't realise that the same thing has been put on by another member. This is one of the reasons for using the website more.
I think you may be scratching around for explanations to justify decisions made by others over which you have no knowledge. Anyone on this forum is likely to support your dream, but to alienate them for giving an opinion on someone else's suggestion or describing their concept of an Aire won't encourage support.

I think you may be scratching around for explanations to justify decisions made by others over which you have no knowledge. Anyone on this forum is likely to support your dream, but to alienate them for giving an opinion on someone else's suggestion or describing their concept of an Aire won't encourage support.

Quite right, but Meg is only one moderator and just happens to be a member in here too.
She can't be held responsible for other moderators unilateral decisions.

Just sayin'. :)

Quite right, but Meg is only one moderator and just happens to be a member in here too.
She can't be held responsible for other moderators unilateral decisions.

Just sayin'. :)
I quite agree, which means it probably isn't wise to speculate.

Sometimes the posts are not accepted as they are repeating links which were posted a couple of days before.
I should point out that it isn't just posts that aren't accepted it is people being blocked from posting at all. Black balled by one person who doesn't agree with your views.

I should point out that it isn't just posts that aren't accepted it is people being blocked from posting at all. Black balled by one person who doesn't agree with your views.
Yes it was not my posts being blocked I got kicked completely and even blocked from seeing the page in searches on facebook no warning no explanation think I lasted 3days😁. It was when the page was fairly new so I initially thought the whole page had gone. Until I got my wife to do a search for it on facebook.

Mike

It's all starting to sound a bit cliquey and like some one make car clubs I could mention...

Makes me all the keener to give it a swerve.... And to be honest IF I had joined I think I'd have been heading for exit stage left reading on here.

As one of the leadership team on Campra thanks for all your comments. There are a group of us with moderator powers. We are all trying to keep the group as a campaigning group, not a chat group. Some posts which you might think are relevant the moderator who picks it up may not.
The facebook page and the website are being looked at by councils and other outside bodies as the letters sent by members are having an effect. We are now being contacted by councils and companies asking how they can make sure that they have facilities for the surge of staystationers when lockdown is eased. You would be amazed how many think our main requirement is EHU. We are asking for waste points and overnight parking.
I have only booted one person off as they were trying to sell bitcoins. I have refused quite a few posts when they are just chatting.
Tin hat on

This all sounds encouraging, hopefully things will improve benefiting us all.
All the best with all of this, and many thanks for all you and others are doing.

I don’t use this group at all but will say one of my major gripes is the way posts vanish. I will go to check notifications and no message there. I have to use name search in the group to find the post and even this sometimes fails. I could see Megs point being very valid.
No views on anything else in any way, just the Facebook post bit 👍

I don’t use this group at all but will say one of my major gripes is the way posts vanish. I will go to check notifications and no message there. I have to use name search in the group to find the post and even this sometimes fails. I could see Megs point being very valid.
No views on anything else in any way, just the Facebook post bit 👍
I can understand a post being deleted, God knows it happens often enough to me on this forum, but to just bar you and give no explanation is not only rude but counter productive because it automatically alienates a supporter to your cause.
Everyone on this forum has, I hope, some experience in camping off site and can surely contribute advice and help, but if they disagree with, for example, a comment that motorway services are good, inexpensive overnight spots and point out the shortfalls then it is self defeating.

I can understand a post being deleted, God knows it happens often enough to me on this forum, but to just bar you and give no explanation is not only rude but counter productive because it automatically alienates a supporter to your cause.
Everyone on this forum has, I hope, some experience in camping off site and can surely contribute advice and help, but if they disagree with, for example, a comment that motorway services are good, inexpensive overnight spots and point out the shortfalls then it is self defeating.
Sorry Sam it was just his Facebook works, or doesn’t in my case I was commenting on. I haven’t visited the site/group in question. I agree getting a post deleted or moderated even can be annoying. If it is a strictly controlled group it should make clear what is allowed. I don’t know if this one does or not.
I find these days I don’t care if people like my views or not. If I see something I want to comment in I do but normally i don’t bother. I find that preferable to rising blood pressure :)
That’s no good for a campaigning site

Looking at the locations of all CAMpRA members, as much as we could use more members everywhere, given the recent adverse stirrings from the lady in Glencoe I can see there's a crying need for more of our Scottish Wildcampers to join CAMpRA.
I'm a bit late to the party but have now joined the group and will be composing a letter to the local council (copy to my MP) suggesting they consider the benefits of aires in such a historic location as our town (Paisley).

I joined CAMpRA last summer when the stopover situation was ridiculously restricted. We managed six weeks in France without any problems, and enjoyed motorhome touring is meant to be, rather than sat on a camping site for weeks like caravanners.
And now I’m on the Leader Group, helping by writing to the local media and holding interviews on the radio and having articles published in travel magazines...
There is a lot going on behind the scenes, and real progress is being made, with councils listening to us. Visit Britain with its 70 destinations is now alerted to the Staycation Madness the news stories are putting on their front pages. Motorhome Tourism is now being recognised as a valuable untapped tourist source, and our ‘Strategy For Motorhome Tourism In The UK’ plan is being referred to as the way to go.
We have been working on Motorhome tourist routes that are being supported by councils nationwide, and aire type stopovers are being considered at places along the route, like sporting clubs, garden centres, village halls and other organisations’ large parking areas.
And CAMpRA is looking at setting up Service Points in towns and villages to add more options to those at campsites, seeing they are not coping with the increased demand from motorhomers. We hope garages, carwash sites mayget on board.
The latest figures show that 33,170 new Motorhome registrations were made in 12 weeks between July and September, so there really is a boom, and a need to avoid Motorhome mayhem this summer.
You can help by using letters in the website files to email to your local authorities and media to make it all easier for us in the future. Previous efforts have failed, but this time a different approach is working.

E17365DB-A6D4-47AD-8261-2FADA27AFF85.jpeg

EF55E823-C674-423C-B3F8-CC7E147C0A3F.jpeg

I can’t join as not on FB but I have had a look at the web page. WC in just the few years we have been doing it is getting harder. We have suggested to our boss that he runs a few pitches at Aire prices maybe run it by him again.

Hi. CAMpRA is here too now www.CAMpRA.org.uk

You may have seen several posts mentioning CAMpRA, we do hear that some motorcaravan owners think that CAMpRA are trying to turn all our off grid places into paid Aires
😩

Can I assure members that this is NOT TRUE.
Campra is promoting the need for waste and water points to support our 386,000 UK motorcaravans, we are also encouraging councils and tourism bodies to embrace the motorcaravans and to provide safe places to park close to towns and tourist attractions.
Both of these measures will reduce the load on our remote off grid places, it will prevent overcrowding and the resulting complaints.
Waste points will allow us to tour more freely and where these support local villages and businesses will make us more welcome.
If you check out our forum you will see that there is a tremendous amount of activity in Scotland.
CAMpRA is engaging with several councils and tourism bodies who are supporting our ideas and actively looking at ways to provide facilities.
Most of these conversations are confidential at the moment so we cannot share specific detail but huge breakthrough has got to be that they are now coming to us, we are getting councils, National Park and tourism bodies approaching CAMpRA for advise
👍
👍

If you have not downloaded and read our motorcaravan tourism strategy document I would suggest that you do.
All of our documents are free to download and use, in a conversation last week we were asked if Scottish authorities included government could use the CAMpRA website as a source of information on Aires in the UK.
So we are NOT AGAINST off grid parking, we are for ALL motorcaravan owners in the UK and we need you all to get behind us, join our campaign and show the UK that Scotland is leading the way in embracing the touring motorcaravan
👍
👍

www.campra.org.uk

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back