CAMPRA- Campaign for Real Aires

barge1914

Thanks to following a link someone kindly posted I've found myself a member of this. Its being lead by quite a dedicated bunch of folks who are happy to spend their time pursuing this campaign despite the cynicism of many in the motorhome community and the evident opposition or sheer disinterest of many in the local corridors of power. Nevertheless things are stirring and I learnt of a lot more authorities showing some more enlightened thinking, and a few already establishing motorhome overnight parking facilities. There will be a dire need in the wake of Covid to establish facilities for water and waste in some parts of the country, and if this does't get addressed we Wildcampers will be in the front line of a lot of local ire and hostility trying to empty our cassettes in bogs that people are trying to keep Covid free. Then of course we need to reverse the continual erosion of places to stay, and to create more. A lot to be done! Somehow thanks to my letter to Whitby arriving and circulating as a proforma long before I got there in person I seem ,with some bemusement, to be elected to the leadership team...hopefully not a poisoned chalice! Anyway, the purpose of this post is to encourage as many people as possible to join our Facebook group, we need now to greatly increase our media presence. So PRETTY PLEASE, follow this link and subscribe...

I've also joined the group and I'm pleased to see things taking shape. Apart from the usual compliment of people who just want to vent, nothing wrong with that, the direction seems to be becoming more resolved. This is the post I put on the Facebook page. As yet I've not had a reply from my email to the Roundhouse Cafe.

Cheers

H

There are a lot more signing up to it Ian if you look at.

Wildcamping in Scotland-An existential threat.

Joined, there have been numerous campaigns, petitions but it seems there is always something or somebody stopping it happening. Even the the Motorcaravan Club was trying to get something going as well as some of the motorhoming magazines. I will watch with interest to see how it goes, maybe it might come as a result of Covid & more people either having to or wanting to stay in the UK. Are you looking at private aires or trying to establish something like on the continent where they seem to be run by local councils.

Tried to sign up but cannot access the questions or rules. Pressed submit anyway.

Davy

I have joined and our new world order after Covid might concentrate a few minds !

Thanks to following a link someone kindly posted I've found myself a member of this. Its being lead by quite a dedicated bunch of folks who are happy to spend their time pursuing this campaign despite the cynicism of many in the motorhome community and the evident opposition or sheer disinterest of many in the local corridors of power. Nevertheless things are stirring and I learnt of a lot more authorities showing some more enlightened thinking, and a few already establishing motorhome overnight parking facilities. There will be a dire need in the wake of Covid to establish facilities for water and waste in some parts of the country, and if this does't get addressed we Wildcampers will be in the front line of a lot of local ire and hostility trying to empty our cassettes in bogs that people are trying to keep Covid free. Then of course we need to reverse the continual erosion of places to stay, and to create more. A lot to be done! Somehow thanks to my letter to Whitby arriving and circulating as a proforma long before I got there in person I seem ,with some bemusement, to be elected to the leadership team...hopefully not a poisoned chalice! Anyway, the purpose of this post is to encourage as many people as possible to join our Facebook group, we need now to greatly increase our media presence. So PRETTY PLEASE, follow this link and subscribe...

It was me who posted the link. You gave me permission to use your letter and it has been used by some of the group members. The fb group went from about 200 for the last few months to over 3000 in less than a week. Its to be hoped that the new members are proactive and will make positive contacts to get more aires. Meg

Here’s hoping that this campaign leads to a body to represent us properly.
Until we have a body who put us at the forefront we will struggle.
Its important that any such body not only fights our corner, but helps through education to change how we are viewed.

I would gladly join and be active within such a body.
let’s see what develops.

Here’s hoping that this campaign leads to a body to represent us properly.
Until we have a body who put us at the forefront we will struggle.
Its important that any such body not only fights our corner, but helps through education to change how we are viewed.

I would gladly join and be active within such a body.
let’s see what develops.
You said you don't do facebook. Here is the website. Campra.org.uk. Meg

Thanks meg just tried it but it’s not ready yet, it’s under construction. It’s no more than a link to FB.
Give it a little time, it was only mooted at our meeting this week, momentum is growing. I must admit I’ve religiously avoided Facebook in the past, it’s my first time, I find it a bit clunky really, the key thing is to get all your security settings in place at the outset.

Give it a little time, it was only mooted at our meeting this week, momentum is growing. I must admit I’ve religiously avoided Facebook in the past, it’s my first time, I find it a bit clunky really, the key thing is to get all your security settings in place at the outset.

That's the first thing everyone should do as soon as they've joined FB and you need to do it before you make any posts!

I'm a reluctant user, not because of all the furore about the rubbish that gets posted up. Like anything, it's what you use it for that counts and there are lots of special interest groups and pages which can be quite useful and interesting. Also I found it was a reasonably good way of communicating with others instead of using email. My major dislike was because I think it is a badly designed bit of software. How the hell it achieved such popularity beats me!

No doubt it will be eventually be superseded in the future by offerings from other new kids on the silicone valley block, or it will eventually morph into something a bit more practical & useable.

I can’t join as not on FB but I have had a look at the web page. WC in just the few years we have been doing it is getting harder. We have suggested to our boss that he runs a few pitches at Aire prices maybe run it by him again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back