All electric motorhomes.... Possible or not?

I'll have you know my robo vac has they/them pronouns!

No gendered speech in this house. 😛 😂

My Saab cost me 1200 quid and has worked without fault for 8 years.
How is an electric car going to be cheaper
Cost of fuel , my mate worked out all the fig and cost before he bought a vw electric golf

Last edited:
You state that like it's a proven fact and it simply is not. Its just an opinion.
Ok It is a scentific prediction from before the event, based on computer modelling. That is not fact, but much much more than opinion. I apologise for grabbing your attention by emphasising my case. If the general public listens to science's careful language they dismiss what the science almost knows.
By the modelling rapid arctic heating destabilises the coldness concentrated at the north pole and oscillations of cold reach much further south than normal. That is happening in Texas. This modelling predicts much of the weather it is more than a simple guess.

Thanks Rob.
I been in love with the petrol engine since the age of 10 when I first stripped a Suffolk Punch lawnmower engine. I thought the con rod and the crankshaft were just about the most beautiful thing thing in the world. Putting the engine on a home made go cart and trundling around the village( yes times were different) was sheer happiness
Electric motors just smell of burning wire to me
How did you get ins at that age never mind a licence.

Ok It is a scentific prediction from before the event, based on computer modelling. That is not fact, but much much more than opinion. I apologise for grabbing your attention by emphasising my case. If the general public listens to science's careful language they dismiss what the science almost knows.
By the modelling rapid arctic heating destabilises the coldness concentrated at the north pole and oscillations of cold reach much further south than normal. That is happening in Texas. This modelling predicts much of the weather it is more than a simple guess.

And that all depends on models used, as other models can be used to predict the opposite. Results depending on who is doing the funding. Was the 25 inches of snowfall in Texas in 1929 due to global warming. Extremes have always happened.

You state that like it's a proven fact and it simply is not. Its just an opinion.

As an ardent believer in global warming (Cards on the table) I have to agree with you Faze.
It does our cause no good pinning individual events on global warming.
You have to look at the bigger picture.
This event has happened before the industrial revolution.
Its caused by winds in the stratosphere moving further south than normal from the Artic, dragging down cold air further south than normal.
Probably not to do with global warming, but who knows.

As an ardent believer in global warming (Cards on the table) I have to agree with you Faze.
It does our cause no good pinning individual events on global warming.
You have to look at the bigger picture.
This event has happened before the industrial revolution.
Its caused by winds in the stratosphere moving further south than normal from the Artic, dragging down cold air further south than normal.
Probably not to do with global warming, but who knows.

We have discussed global warming at great lengths before and the cynic in me still believes it to be money driven. (y)

We have discussed global warming at great lengths before and the cynic in me still believes it to be money driven. (y)
Oh it is. The money driving it is the money big oil makes. So we agree on that.
There are so many new weather events occurring. More and more will happen in the future. One event cannot be proved. A thousand events are not proof. How long will you wait? The climate will continue for better or worse while we dither.

It's a different matter for Henry and co though Colin. Yes an electric bike would be fun to ride, but would Henry give up his collection of petrol motorcycles?

I very much doubt it, he may buy an electric bike for occasional use, but his first love is old British bikes and that will never change.
Yep he would never give up his old bikes, I'd like to think nor would I, but a electric bike is there to be riden, an old bike is there to be sworn at when it refuses to start. So maybe I'll sell my old bikes on to some mug with more money than sense.
Maybe I'll buy a new Saab, oh that's not going to happen, the engineers where so stuck in the past they destroyed the company.

Oh it is. The money driving it is the money big oil makes. So we agree on that.
There are so many new weather events occurring. More and more will happen in the future. One event cannot be proved. A thousand events are not proof. How long will you wait? The climate will continue for better or worse while we dither.

Why would oil be the driving force to prove global warming.

Yep he would never give up his old bikes, I'd like to think nor would I, but a electric bike is there to be riden, an old bike is there to be sworn at when it refuses to start. So maybe I'll sell my old bikes on to some mug with more money than sense.
Maybe I'll buy a new Saab, oh that's not going to happen, the engineers where so stuck in the past they destroyed the company.

😂 Certainly wasn't their engineers.

News reports say it may take several stops to find fuel. Only 13% of Texas gas stations closed.
The areas without power had no gas stations open, now the refineries are shut and having to restart. All drivers have been affected, but some in different ways.
Power outages forcing Texas gas stations to close (houstonchronicle.com)
Don’t panic-buy as Texas gas stations regain electricity in coming days, experts caution (dallasnews.com)
Gas Stations Still Dark as Texas Emerges From Freeze - Bloomberg

You know I agree with all of you you who say EPVs are to expensive, the infra structure is not sufficient, the battery range is to short, and the batteries take to long to charge. That’s why right now I would not by an EPV. As for EP Motorhomes well I don’t think there will be many on the road in my lifetime. They will come years after EP cars. But were I differ, is I reckon technology will improve and quicker than many may think. I would not buy an EP Motorhome in 2029 either Martin, but if I was buying one in 2045 I may well do so. But sadly I won’t be.:(

😂 Certainly wasn't their engineers.
It came down to a bunch of stubborn engineers in management who didn't 'see the writing on the wall', they ignored GM and totally reengineered the Vectra chassis, the end result was a company bleeding money at a rate GM decided was unsustainable.

It came down to a bunch of stubborn engineers in management who didn't 'see the writing on the wall', they ignored GM and totally reengineered the Vectra chassis, the end result was a company bleeding money at a rate GM decided was unsustainable.

They didn't consider a rebadged Vectra a Saab, very true, and they were right.
Anyway, I know my Saab history pretty well, unfortunately the writing was on the wall before GM, and it's certainly not down to engineers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back