Advice on buying a motorhome private

you couldn't really fit one as they are for trucks so quite big but if you could find a small one they look down not back so might be okay as they don't stick out much.

However you can get quite small 90° wide angle cameras that would fit on the Luton bit to look down on the nearside, I bought one for here as I had to reverse in but we decided to try it on the other side of the drive and it's much easier to drive in now.

I reckon just like before as long as I get lined up ok and get an inch or two closer to my neighbours wall ill be fine. Graham GMJ has suggested a car port for winter. I don't think that will go down very well. Its a good idea though.

I reckon just like before as long as I get lined up ok and get an inch or two closer to my neighbours wall ill be fine. Graham GMJ has suggested a car port for winter. I don't think that will go down very well. Its a good idea though.
I did too, but you would have to have EHU all the time then.

I did too, but you would have to have EHU all the time then.

The concern is it dont get any sun really in Winter anyway. Nor would it in the under cover storage down the road if we go that way. I did get a reply from Ctek yesterday regarding their charger. Should be fine to plug it in without disconnecting the battery but with a load of Caveats. I think the best idea was to try and get it hooked up on the drive as is for winter and just plug it in every couple of weeks for a day or two. Or if someone can confirm if there are jump start or even charging points under the bonnet on the 2015 Ducato that might be an option.

The concern is it dont get any sun really in Winter anyway. Nor would it in the under cover storage down the road if we go that way. I did get a reply from Ctek yesterday regarding their charger. Should be fine to plug it in without disconnecting the battery but with a load of Caveats. I think the best idea was to try and get it hooked up on the drive as is for winter and just plug it in every couple of weeks for a day or two. Or if someone can confirm if there are jump start or even charging points under the bonnet on the 2015 Ducato that might be an option.
yes, there is a + near the air filter passenger side and the earth is a peg that sticks out with the earth symbol on it.

Dunno why you would do it that way as it has it's own charger anyway just fir a B2B

1719306688061.png

1719306855322.png

Last edited:
Jump start points should be easy enough to find. Positive will have some protection over it, negative could just look like a bolt. Must be in the manual.

I understand it's important to use these, instead of connecting to battery, especially the negative.
I don't know why though, sure some here could spread light on that?

Jump start points should be easy enough to find. Positive will have some protection over it, negative could just look like a bolt. Must be in the manual.

I understand it's important to use these, instead of connecting to battery, especially the negative.
I don't know why though, sure some here could spread light on that?
Ease of access I think mainly Mark

Don't know if there is any difference but I used to use an Optimate on my stuff years ago to keep charge up if stood long periods of time. May be the same as any smart charger I don't know, I am going back to the 90's here. I think I still have the Optimate I used to use on my outfits somewhere in the garage but think its low power, 4 or 5 amps

Don't know if there is any difference but I used to use an Optimate on my stuff years ago to keep charge up if stood long periods of time. May be the same as any smart charger I don't know, I am going back to the 90's here. I think I still have the Optimate I used to use on my outfits somewhere in the garage but think its low power, 4 or 5 amps
A very similar but less advanced charger Neil, I think Ctek may have got one and looked to improve it.

Ill figure something out. However after todays debacle its clear there is so much to do and to test etc and all the stuff to get sorted I just called the insurance company and paid the £150+ extra to park it on the road. It can just stay out there until we go away in it now. Insurance company is doing well out of me. I only renewed the insurance for Hank 1 a month ago. £300. The refund today was £130. :(

Robbing tw@s

Yep. Its worked out nearly £800 I think for insurance now and that is with AIB. Hank 1 was just under £300 although I don't think that was "officially" covered for parking on the road. Trouble is I don't think any of the other providers allowed that at all. AIB were the only ones that found a provider that did. It all happened so fast I've just had to go with it. Will work on that one next year. I might still elect an undercover storage option for winter. The joys of motorhoming. Aint cheap!

I don't have any money. Mrs D seems to have it all. :( She even seems to have acquired all my banking cards. I'm not even allowed that old paper money we used to have. Maybe I need rescuing!
I had no cards from 2006 to 2016 when Barclays paid my PPI Claim so I needed an account to pay the cheque into.

Speaking of which I learned that I could claim back the tax HMRC charged me on the PPI payout, seems they were not supposed to do it so before we went to France I went to Barclays to get the paperwork as I never kept it so I could claim £890 back, I was doing it online yesterday and there is a cut off you can't go back more than 4 years it seems so I rang to see what I had to, too late it seems, but if I owed them tax they would chase me for it, I think they should have contacted me as soon as they knew it wasn't right, the duty of care and all that, I'm going to to talk to my MP about it as that seems my only option.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back