A glimmer of hope for staycations ...

Camping isn’t a mass gathering. I can quite easily not go within 2m of another human being on a campsite. Close the toilet blocks and only allow self contained units. Disinfectant/ alcohol gel at the water and waste points.
perspex screens at reception and only one person at a time allowed in.
I really can’t see what the problem is.
This 🖕Even before the virus, I never got anywhere near 2 m to anyone. If I ever passed the time of day with anyone, I wouldn’t get that close to a stranger. If all Aly said was implemented, how would it be a problem. Driving ina self contained unit, using facilities on board, not going close to anyone and using common sense, doesn’t seem particularly high risk, compared to someone getting on a train and going to work. Just my opinion

. I’ve just been reading the posts above and am now wondering whether we should join one of the camping Clubs to get access to their small sites? Just looking to see which one you would recommend? Thank you!
As you are thinking of joining one (or both) of the two big clubs,the Camping and Caravanning club (CCC) or the Caravan and Motorhome Club. (CMC).here are some things to ponder. The CCC has CSs and the CMC has CLs. Both 5 van sites. They both also have weekend rallies or meets of their local groups. The CCC also has Temporary Holiday Sites (THSs) which are popup sites in places like farmers fields. The weekend meets and THSs have a water supply and elsan disposal as a minimum standard. The CCC membership starts at £41 pa for online membership £47 for paper membership. If you know someone who is a member get them to propose you as they will get a free gift. The CMC membership costs £54 pa no free gift

It definitely reads antique sam, unless I need to go to Specsavers? 😁
[/QUOTE]
The original post "what is a campsite" was by Antiqueman and Fisherman read it as Antiquesam. I know what a campsite is because I use them. It's all in one letter.

I've suddenly become optimistic and booked a couple of stays in C&M Club sites in anticipation of freedom. If they are still closed then it's not a problem but if they do open I think there will be a mad rush to book. The cottage we booked in Pickering for September could still be a problem though.

As you are thinking of joining one (or both) of the two big clubs,the Camping and Caravanning club (CCC) or the Caravan and Motorhome Club. (CMC).here are some things to ponder. The CCC has CSs and the CMC has CLs. Both 5 van sites. They both also have weekend rallies or meets of their local groups. The CCC also has Temporary Holiday Sites (THSs) which are popup sites in places like farmers fields. The weekend meets and THSs have a water supply and elsan disposal as a minimum standard. The CCC membership starts at £41 pa for online membership £47 for paper membership. If you know someone who is a member get them to propose you as they will get a free gift. The CMC membership costs £54 pa no free gift
Thanks for the info...... think we’ll hold off until we know for sure when sites are likely to be open again, and then maybe try both for a year to see which (if at all) suit us best. We’re itching to be off ASAP!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back