A glimmer of hope for staycations ...

Problem with wilding will be water and emptying if local public toilets continue to be closed, unless CLs make their facilities available for a price...which I very much doubt.

Yeah wilding is going to be knackered for a while really. Maybe the odd night or two between sites and CL's somewhere remote. Ive never been that comfortable wilding anywhere other than remote spots in the UK though in the past and more so now since all this where it seems motorhomes are really not welcome anywhere.

CL's and sites are going to be in high demand I reckon should we be allowed to go to them. I think ill be phoning my favourite one sooner rather than later and getting first dibs.

I hate to be a killjoy but I reckon that all of the talk off a vaccine next year is very optimistic. The oxford vaccine apparently has a 7% chance of being successful, but there are others trying using different methods.
The time may come when the damage to our economy and our mental health will become more important than C19. We must up the testing massively and if it comes to this, we have to find ways of living with C19. Locking ourselves up for years can not happen, it’s simply not viable.
All the drug trials are due to finish in June so hopefully they will find a combination of drugs that can reduce the severity of symptoms and shorten the disease length.

[
All the drug trials are due to finish in June so hopefully they will find a combination of drugs that can reduce the severity of symptoms and shorten the disease length.

Ally I hope so to, and I hope we get a vaccine next year. But the odds of doing so as quickly are small. We have still not got a sars vaccine from ten years ago. I appreciate that finding a vaccine is paramount, and that scientists worldwide are working on this. But I feel that there is to much false hope on this, it would be better if no such predictions were made. As for drugs to reduce severity that is much less difficult, and I reckon that will come before a vaccine. But what we need now is mass testing with everyone being tested once a month, that requires around 2 million tests a day dropping as positive results are found.

[

Ally I hope so to, and I hope we get a vaccine next year. But the odds of doing so as quickly are small. We have still not got a sars vaccine from ten years ago. I appreciate that finding a vaccine is paramount, and that scientists worldwide are working on this. But I feel that there is to much false hope on this, it would be better if no such predictions were made. As for drugs to reduce severity that is much less difficult, and I reckon that will come before a vaccine. But what we need now is mass testing with everyone being tested once a month, that requires around 2 million tests a day dropping as positive results are found.

I'm just amazed that none of the self appointed Covid social media experts haven't rattled off
a vaccine within the first few days....

Wierd.

I'm just amazed that none of the self appointed Covid social media experts haven't rattled off
a vaccine within the first few days....

Wierd.

At the start of this crisis we were all led to believe that a vaccine was going to take 12-18 months, I admit I swallowed that line hook line and sinker. But after doing a bit of research and watching tv, things seemed to have changed. I hope we do get a vaccine next year, that would be fantastic, but making such misleading predictions is the last thing we all need. What we need as I have said is massive testing and tracing, without this we are not in control, the virus is. We cannot go on like this for much longer, our economy and our health will suffer. We have to learn how to live with this and get better at controlling it until we get a vaccine, whenever that is.

[

... and a few covid sniffer dogs! :);)(y)

It is difficult to foresee where the first breakthroughs might be but yet I do feel that we will find a way of living with it, or eradicating it. It will probably be a combination of all the initiatives mentioned in earlier posts. Looking on the brighter side the R figure in London has already fallen significantly and the virus does not appear to be rapidly mutating, which is what makes some viruses so difficult to stop.

The campsites turn into static holiday caravans and then when you have screwed as much money as you can then you do it all over again and replace them with park homes, I speak from bitter experience.

We used to enjoy Wells Next the Sea but the campsite got so expensive and then they filled it with Chalets. Now they have built a new campsite which costs even more per night. I suppose that will go the same way.

It appears that Professional Footballers have been given Covid tests so that they can start the Football Season again.

Hopefully, if there are any test kits left, the needy might get them as well. :)

I think you will find that the Premier League paid a Hong Kong company £4 million to supply them with the test kits. Testing footballers will have no impact on 'the needy.'

I think you will find that the Premier League paid a Hong Kong company £4 million to supply them with the test kits. Testing footballers will have no impact on 'the needy.'
Unless they live in Hong Kong and if they did have some to spare just maybe our Government could have bought them for the care homes.

But do they work. Uk Gov bought some early on in the pandemic that give incorrect readings. Amazing really how much money follows 22 people kicking a ball around a grass field for 90 minutes. Surely they can live without it for a bit longer and whats the point of playing behind closed doors at neutral grounds. It will be funny 22 people + staff all standing 2m apart or don't the rules apply to them like they do everyone else.

Hello all! not been online for some time .... but back now 😀. We bought our lovely van late September last year and managed one night in Whitby before circumstances meant we couldn’t get away for a few months. So we thought roll on spring and we’ll finally be able to get away, and spent the winter months planning all the places we’d like to visit! Anyway, as you can imagine we are so frustrated not to have been able to use her at all but we are hoping to get away as soon as restrictions are lifted (🤞🏻). I’ve just been reading the posts above and am now wondering whether we should join one of the camping Clubs to get access to their small sites? Just looking to see which one you would recommend? Thank you!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back