A glimmer of hope for staycations ...

I think Camper/motorhome prices may go up as people clamer for a solution to "staycation", we may also see rise in the payed for stopovers/campsite prices as business try to recoup losses during lockdown, Campsite etc may at first only open up to self contained units, a motorhome/camper with sanitary provisions fits the bill.
One thing is for sure the cost of living and leisure is going to go up. And i can see us entering an austerity scenero later certainly not complaining if it need to be done so be it!

We have been looking and waiting for how campsites can open safely no clue anywhere yet. We are certainly thinking caravan and motorhome owners can use their own facilities accessing water and toilet dumps, with strict cleaning regime around those points.
When toilets and showers open a one in one out option will be used whilst asking people to clean after themselves with a strict cleaning routine on our side again.
Rubbish to start with will go home with you ( that may make campers think about their waste ) .
We have a very laxed policy on the number of people in one unit, that will change as social distancing with a very large family or not most often being the case won’t be to easy. This may mean less camping pitches so there is more room.
Not sure what will happen to the playgrounds as children find it hard to distance !!!
Payment online would be preferred as well.
Anyway it will be very pristine as we have had loads of time to mend and clean and garden.

I think Camper/motorhome prices may go up as people clamer for a solution to "staycation", we may also see rise in the payed for stopovers/campsite prices as business try to recoup losses during lockdown, Campsite etc may at first only open up to self contained units, a motorhome/camper with sanitary provisions fits the bill.
One thing is for sure the cost of living and leisure is going to go up. And i can see us entering an austerity scenero later certainly not complaining if it need to be done so be it!
Here the price will stay the same, next year it will go up. Our boss puts it up every three years or so. He also has not charged our sesonals whilst this has been going on. He is maybe financially in a good position as campsite isn’t his main earnings. We have also kept our job and home as we live in our MH. Feeling very lucky.

I don't have a job until they open so the sooner the better for me. I really can't see touring parks opening up anytime soon but static sites shouldn't be so much of an issue. Fortunately most of the sites we service around Dorset are for statics,they've slowly been either downsizing or getting rid of the touring areas in place of statics, obviously more money to be made there but choices for campers are slowly getting squeezed.

Surely any camping in any form will be classed as mass gathering .And will be one of the last things released from lock down .Or should I say should be.
And how could they open toilet and showers.
They would need to be cleaned after ever use.

Surely any camping in any form will be classed as mass gathering .And will be one of the last things released from lock down .Or should I say should be.

After the scenes at the Reservoirs near to me yesterday....

I reckon we will be back in a tight lock down in no time at all....
Sadly a, lot of human beings really don't have ANY common sense or social discipline.

I don't have a job until they open so the sooner the better for me. I really can't see touring parks opening up anytime soon but static sites shouldn't be so much of an issue. Fortunately most of the sites we service around Dorset are for statics,they've slowly been either downsizing or getting rid of the touring areas in place of statics, obviously more money to be made there but choices for campers are slowly getting squeezed.
Asterix hope things do improve for you, interesting point regarding static's does this appear to be the norm then?

After the scenes at the Reservoirs near to me yesterday....

I reckon we will be back in a tight lock down in no time at all....
Sadly a, lot of human beings really don't have ANY common sense or social discipline.
So true some time when we got out for our walks I think me and Sylvia are the only ones social distancing. It's terrible.
They didn't build all these nightingales for nothing.
Round 2 ..
Keep safe keep home.

If stage 3 does come off (and its a massive IF IMO) and there are is limited availability (talk of reducing the number of pitches) they will certainly be hard to come by if everyone is holidaying in the UK and it happens in July.

I think it will be CL sites or wilding for me if we are lucky enough to get to do either. Choice of destination I think would need to be carefully considered to avoid the crowds. I'm just not sure it will happen though.

We are looking at mass unemployment down the road,the worst Depression in 300 yrs is forecast..To think that motorhome prices will increase is fanciful.This crisis has only just begun.I wish it were not so,but I am a realist.

We are looking at mass unemployment down the road,the worst Depression in 300 yrs is forecast..To think that motorhome prices will increase is fanciful.This crisis has only just begun.I wish it were not so,but I am a realist.
Not bothered if camper van prices go up or down TBF, mass unemployment is really sad, but there will still be people who may be in a position purchase could be retired or employed creating a supply and demand void.... Hence possible rise in prices (second hand market?) the very fortunate people who can afford to holiday may look at it as a viable alternative better than some hotel, B&B or a tent having to share camp facilities, I can happily stay on a site, social distancing, staying self-contained at the same time and apply common sense to actions like black/grey waste hygiene food shop and diesel purchases. I really hope it's not the worst depression in 300 year, but you may be right. However i will not be doing this until the government say i can.

Camping isn’t a mass gathering. I can quite easily not go within 2m of another human being on a campsite. Close the toilet blocks and only allow self contained units. Disinfectant/ alcohol gel at the water and waste points.
perspex screens at reception and only one person at a time allowed in.
I really can’t see what the problem is.

Camping isn’t a mass gathering. I can quite easily not go within 2m of another human being on a campsite. Close the toilet blocks and only allow self contained units. Disinfectant/ alcohol gel at the water and waste points.
Just my opinion. But 10 /20 vans on site is a mass gathering social distancing or not there could be as many as 2/4 people in each caravan or motorhome .kidds dogs .
We will not useing any campsite for a long time .keep home keep safe.

We are just guessing at the moment to be prepared for reopening. Wether it’s July or months ahead safety for all needs organisation. Cleaning toilets and showers isn’t going to be fun but people have had to in other places. Personally I would use my own facilities anyway ;)
A greater amount of people must be STAYING AERT as we are slowly unlocking.
Hopefully the government won’t open campsites without guidance !!!

Asterix hope things do improve for you, interesting point regarding static's does this appear to be the norm then?

It certainly is around Dorset,nearly all our customers have either downsized or completely got rid of touring areas,can't speak for the rest of the country but I'm sure there's a lot more money to be made off statics and a lot less hassle than campers checking in and out constantly.

Numbers per pitch will be crucial and maybe a gap in between pitches to start with ? We have very large non families on one pitch plus visitors, this will also need to stop for a while ? Less money though for boss !!! We only charge £20 per night per pitch good value for a large family ;)

I would agree. Camping in a self contained MH has to be about the safest outdoor leisure activity you can do in a pandemic. Being in a tent on a packed haven site with thousands of kids, not so much :(

Whether they will consider that and only allow sites to open without shared facilities, clubs and bars etc remains to be seen

Ah the Staycation... We used to call it 'going on holiday' before the Costa Del Sol was even heard of. What happy days to have a day trip to Margate beach, scoff an ice cream or hot-dog, a pint of ale and then for afters exchange punches with fellow oafs as the crowds scattered. Sometimes you'd get a free bed for the night courtesy of the Kent Constabulary! That fella being carted off could be a distant rellie of Jamie Oliver... yes, Happy days indeed, bring em back...
iu.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back