Your opinion ,will it work??

I hear a hymen is easily broken.
Depends how keen they are to stay a virgin.

I like Rob mac's suggestion of running the engine while microwaving so what is the lowest power microwave one can get? I forget what power my inverter is, I presume it will be on it somewhere, but we might do that .

Depends how keen they are to stay a virgin.

I like Rob mac's suggestion of running the engine while microwaving so what is the lowest power microwave one can get? I forget what power my inverter is, I presume it will be on it somewhere, but we might do that .
We used a 800w (that's input power BTW NOT cooking power.... And most are listed by cooking power... You'll need to look at the label or small print to find input power usually)

Bear in mind a 800w cooking power microwave will take roughly twice as long to cook something as a 1600w one but overall use the same overall amount of power....

Worked well for us when we had the transit though...
All electric cooking wise low power kettle/toaster/microwave and slow cooker....

I happened across this video on Youtube yesterday .... Ignore that it is titled to be about why Americans don't use Electric Kettles, it is actually an interesting (if you find maths interesting) comparision between the efficiencies of different ways to heat water - including the use of gas burners.
I knew that using an Induction Hob is far more efficient than using a gas hob or even a normal electric ring, but his results might indicate that an Induction Hob might be actually more efficient than a 'proper' electric kettle!

I haven't watched it, but he has a followup video on this that going by the title expands his testing further to Microwaves and Induction Hobs. Be interesting to see how a Microwave compares to Induction or Electric Kettle.

I think I watched a video that compared electric kettle and induction hob Dave, I want to say it was that Aussie 4x4 overlander guy but not certain. Whoever it was they used the same 1 pint container to measure the water. Gas electric and induction. Induction was quickest but I suppose you could alter fingers with different pans. If I remember right though it was a significant difference.
If you are powering your cooking with pre-existing setup them it will obviously be cheaper. Someone setting up, (unless they can manage with a solar generator) will spend a hell of a lot more getting to where they can boil water and cook ALL the time without external power supplies so it is still horses for courses.

Many years ago we had a customer who owned a pub out in the wilds. She used to run everything off an old diesel generator. Turned off at closing time and restarted by a guy who passed on his way to work and got a free pint on his way home.

Generators can be very noisy especially when it's quiet. Neighbours will not be happy if you fire up a generator.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back