Wipers stoped working

Cheers Dan it’s good to hear from you. I was just thinking about you the other day and if you were tucked up somewhere safe So good to here that you are. It is Roadside in paisley who are doing the van he came recommended by someone and comes across a decent guy. My mum and all my family still Live in paisley. Give us a pm when all this crap gets straightened out I’ll meet you up at the duck bay for a night.👍

Big job this opened the bonnet again sprayed everything related to the wiper motor fixings and all grubbings that might have to come off with a bit release oil I’ll do this every couple of days until van reaches garage hopefully should make everything that needs to be removed come off easily.

Big job this opened the bonnet again sprayed everything related to the wiper motor fixings and all grubbings that might have to come off with a bit release oil I’ll do this every couple of days until van reaches garage hopefully should make everything that needs to be removed come off easily.
Dont get to much oil on you hands or you will not be able to open the front door to get in. 😂 😂 😂

Just my luck vans been sitting on the driveway since September. I usually use the local council for mots but there closed. Finally found a place in paisley but I bet it’s raining tomorrow or I’d just let the mot guy fix it . It’s just getting the thing there.
Copied from the Chausson forum.

Be very aware, I just collected my 640 from Lowdhams Newark where I took it for habitation check and service yesterday. On the way home to Northampton I was stopped by the Police and explained the reason for my journey. my wife and I were immediately issued with a two hundred pound fine each as the Police said that this was not an essential journey even though I explained that I would lose my warrenty if the hat check was not carried out. It has turned out to be a very expensive service.
From the person fined.
Thx for feedback, I have spoken to the justice dept today, they have been very clear the MH is considered as a secondary vehicle in 99% of cases and therefore if you own a primary other vehicle it is illegal to visit a dealership for any reason. Dealers are only allowed to carry out essential safety work by law, that does not include MOT or checks. Some dealers are ignoring this apparently but the ministry of Transport is carrying out checks to check on dealers of HGVs, PSVs and class 4 vehicle's (MH)
So after reading this unless its your only form of transport you shouldn't be taking it anywhere ?

Copied from the Chausson forum.

From the person fined.

So after reading this unless its your only form of transport you shouldn't be taking it anywhere ?

If I was the OP I would be legally challenging this.
Is there a law actually stating you can't use a moho as regular transport during a pandemic?!

There are plenty of people out there using their moho as either their primary or secondary vehicle regularly.
Looks to me like a case of 'easy target' by the police.

How many households have more than one 'vehicle' in regular use?! Partner's vehicles, kids living at home vehicles, etc.
We had a petrol-head neighbour (gone now) who owned at least 6 cars all in regular daily use! He used whichever he fancied at the time.
All serviced, mot'd, taxed. Is there a law that says if you need to go and collect essential food shopping it has to be in a car?!

Wonder how many folk in ordinary cars/vans are pulled over and fined in the same way?
My guess would be very few in comparison.

We had a problem with our only car a few weeks before Christmas which put it out of action for a while.
Had to use the camper for essential shopping.
It would not have gone down quietly if I'd been pulled over and fined on that occasion!!! :mad:

Just been speaking to the guy who does my control panels asking when he was delivering the panel. He said he is needing a headed letter from me to deliver the panel here as the police in Livingston have been sitting in the carpark watching where the people were going.also pulling over cars randomly. One guy who went to Halfords was issued a fine as what he purchased was not essential.

I travel 4/5 miles to shop in Templepatrick rather than cross the rd to tesco which is jammed full of folk and their food is not fit for a dog never mind over priced.

@mark61 @yeoblade - yes, the fines are issued as Fixed Penalty Notices.

I would tentatively say that the sort of fines mentioned above re getting work done on a camper etc, could probably be challenged.
At the end of the day it's up to the individual. There does seem to be room for a lot of discretion between area police forces in how they interpret the new covid rules. If you're worried about whether you're doing the right thing, then best to check with your local police force to see what they would recommend?

See extract below from the gov.uk latest guidelines.

Work
You can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home. This includes, but is not limited to, people who work within critical national infrastructure, construction or manufacturing that require in-person attendance

Volunteering
You can also leave home to provide voluntary or charitable services. You must volunteer from home unless it is not reasonably possible for you to do so.

Essential activities
You can leave home to buy things at shops or obtain services where necessary. You may also leave your home to do these things on behalf of a disabled or vulnerable person or someone self-isolating.

Further reasonable excuses
There are further reasonable excuses. For example, you may leave home to fulfil legal obligations, or to carry out activities related to buying, selling, letting or renting a residential property, for the purpose of picketing, or where it is reasonably necessary for voting in an election or referendum. See guidance for political parties on campaigning during the national lockdown.

Travel
You must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes).

If you need to travel you should stay local. This means you should avoid travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live. You should reduce the number of journeys you make overall.

The list of reasons you can leave your home and local area include, but are not limited to:
  • work, where you cannot reasonably work from home
  • accessing education and for caring responsibilities
  • visiting those in your support bubble – or your childcare bubble for childcare
  • visiting hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
  • buying goods or services that you need, but this should be within your local area wherever possible
  • outdoor exercise. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)
  • attending the care and exercise of an animal, or veterinary services
If you need to travel, walk or cycle where possible, and plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport. This will allow you to practise social distancing while you travel.

Avoid car sharing with anyone from outside your household or your support bubble. See the guidance on car sharing.

If you need to use public transport, you should follow the safer travel guidance.

Ok im going picketing, no mention of distance. 😂
Anyway no Police bothering here and last night 2 peoples went into shop with no masks, wife says its always men betreen 16 and 50 ish do this.
Shop assistants dont say a word in case they get their heads stoved in.

Last edited:
Right all the sleuths out there need one of these not really looked yet just took it off of but there’s a good chance one of you will know where to get this. O piece of advice anything with a motor in it don’t hit it with a hammer there’s a magnet inside the motor when I opened it it was shattered don’t know if it was like that or I done it smacking it with a hammer a couple of times anyway it’s 100% fekd now 😂 so need a new one.

01FBA176-4023-4B73-8085-E378FD2BAA69.jpeg

Don’t tell me yer granny didny have a black and white telly that needed a thump noo an again. Come on Trev I had you and Terry tezza as favourites to know where to get one of these.

I read on M Fun a couple took their van for a hab check as it was needed to keep warranty on going . They were stopped and fined £ 200 each as it was not a necessary journey,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back