Wipers stoped working

Wully

Strange one. I was getting my van ready for it’s mot tomorrow decided to change the blades they were working fine put two new blades on filled the water bottle went to check them and nothing. Had a bit of a plaffer to get to the fuses checked then both fine. Any ideas

The motor wheel may be on a dead spot or not touching the contacts in the gearbox, try moving the gear arm coming out the front of the gearbox.

It would happen now vans booked in tomorrow pain in the neck finding a place to do mot because of size. Everything was fine nae warning nae noises or intermittent fault just dead. And what’s wae they wee stupid fuses you need hand like a mouse gynaecologist to get to the little bsts.

Wonder which one is the rely. Took me half an hour to find the fuses still no sure i got the right ones because there’s nothing normal about a A class everything is moved around.

Just my luck vans been sitting on the driveway since September. I usually use the local council for mots but there closed. Finally found a place in paisley but I bet it’s raining tomorrow or I’d just let the mot guy fix it . It’s just getting the thing there.

Gave that a try tried moving them. Got the big fuse box cover from the engine compartment got a diagram on back but doesn’t say which one is wiper relay. The diagram is numbered

There are worse times that it could happen Wully, at 70MPH in the outside lane of the M8 in a thunderstorm springs to mind ;)
The drive to the MOT station might fix it just find the bumpiest way there, it is surprising how many things stop working while not being used

Gave that a try tried moving them. Got the big fuse box cover from the engine compartment got a diagram on back but doesn’t say which one is wiper relay. The diagram is numbered
Maybe have a better idea of which fuse is which in the hand book?

It would happen now vans booked in tomorrow pain in the neck finding a place to do mot because of size. Everything was fine nae warning nae noises or intermittent fault just dead. And what’s wae they wee stupid fuses you need hand like a mouse gynaecologist to get to the little bsts.
There is usually a fuse removing tool within the fuse box...a double ended tweezer.

Try googling the manufacture of the van thats how i found out the fuse and relay layout on my van.

Done that sam. Don’t think there’s a relay for the wipers. Seen on a couple of other forums and the Fiat forum it seems to be a problem

I’ve just went out put ignition on and tried to move them they wouldn't budge an inch so a smack with a hammer tomorrow is in order. Maybe a new owner will fix the problem.

Done that sam. Don’t think there’s a relay for the wipers. Seen on a couple of other forums and the Fiat forum it seems to be a problem

I’ve just went out put ignition on and tried to move them they wouldn't budge an inch so a smack with a hammer tomorrow is in order. Maybe a new owner will fix the problem.
Have they froze in place, not sure what temperature you have there but we didnt get above minus 4 for a couple of days. Try warm water over where the blade arm mounts onto the motor.

Its been cold but not that bad it was around 6 degrees here today today. the motors tiny and pretty rusted up at the back maybe some waters got at it. I’ll take it off in the morning and run some power directly to it but spray some WD 40 and roll it in sawdust😂 and If rolling it in sawdust doesn’t work then it’s fecckd

Yes could well be the shaft has siezed, wd them and a tad of low heat from a hair dryer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back