Wipers stoped working

When the shaft seized in mine the motor was that strong it tore the bush in two.
Mine did the same broke the alloy linkage. When I'd removed it I couldn't move the shaft with a spanner when held in a vice
I wonder how Wully got on today ?

Cancelled MOT till next week it’s been bucketing down here all day so never really bothered. Lifted bonnet shook my head put my hand on my chin closed bonnet had a cup of tea. According to garage they do lots of wiper motors on Fiats and pugs round about that year. Just gonna let the garage fix it when I can get a dry day to get it over too them. An A class is really hard to get at stuff but this motor is probably the easiest thing on the whole van to get at bolts are right at front as soon as you open the letterbox they call a bonnet.

Cancelled MOT till next week it’s been bucketing down here all day so never really bothered. Lifted bonnet shook my head put my hand on my chin closed bonnet had a cup of tea. According to garage they do lots of wiper motors on Fiats and pugs round about that year. Just gonna let the garage fix it when I can get a dry day to get it over too them. An A class is really hard to get at stuff but this motor is probably the easiest thing on the whole van to get at bolts are right at front as soon as you open the letterbox they call a bonnet.
Good luck Wully.

Mine did the same broke the alloy linkage. When I'd removed it I couldn't move the shaft with a spanner when held in a vice
I wonder how Wully got on today ?

Out of curiosity how much did it all cost. If you can remember.

Just a few months should be ok.

An A class is really hard to get at stuff but this motor is probably the easiest thing on the whole van to get at bolts are right at front as soon as you open the letterbox they call a bonnet.
I get constantly reminded by Maggy about the pain of childbirth and the comparison with the size of the baby's head and its main exit, she has never tried to change the engine battery on an A class 🥴

Out of curiosity how much did it all cost. If you can remember.
I did it myself from memory £80 + for the complete oem unit but looks like compatible parts on ebay are available remember they are handed

Last edited:
Done that sam. Don’t think there’s a relay for the wipers. Seen on a couple of other forums and the Fiat forum it seems to be a problem

I’ve just went out put ignition on and tried to move them they wouldn't budge an inch so a smack with a hammer tomorrow is in order. Maybe a new owner will fix the problem.
I presume a new kitchen was fitted then!?:unsure:

Na not even bothered about it I’ll fix it when I can be bothered. More important things to do like building my man cave garden pub. Had a right few lengths of 4 by 2 timber and a few 18mm ply sheets lying around so the ocd kicked in and I got distracted building a pub.😜 be opened for Friday

Na not even bothered about it I’ll fix it when I can be bothered. More important things to do like building my man cave garden pub. Had a right few lengths of 4 by 2 timber and a few 18mm ply sheets lying around so the ocd kicked in and I got distracted building a pub.😜 be opened for Friday
Robs left for your house now, pub was the trigger word. 😂

Haw Wully....are you gettin' yer MOT at Roadside Services in Paisley ??
they've been my MOT guys for the past 13 years..... the boss Davie's a real good guy... honest & straight.
if it's only going to take a few hours....Let Me Entertain You while you wait.....
lunch up the Braes ??
Paisley folk ain't called Buddies without good reason.
I'm parked up at a pal's house in Elderslie & ain't exactly busy righr now.....just say the word.
ciao, Dan.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back