Winter solar sucks lol

st3v3

It's 0930 and bright-ish. 60W from an array just over 500W :cry:

20210217_092637.jpg

Screenshot_20210217-092658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not enough lol. What are you getting?

Mines on EHU so I don’t care what my panels are doing for the moment and my van battery is at a steady 12.6 since Phil helped me rig a way of keeping it charged and the MOT is due in 3 weeks I’ve a asked them to source a new engine battery s the one on is probably 5 years +. Nice little chat about batteries and solar 👍. 😂

I’ve actually only got an old small 200w ish Panel, but it’s doing rather well I think. I’m out & about at the moment for last 3 nights My Battery goes up around the 14.? Mark then is often settling down around the 12.5 mark come 20:00ish & it kinda keeps up with my 24/7 CCTV Drain, Phone Charging, a cpl hr of cabin light, Occasional burst of Water pump & so on. I have NO other means of charging my Leisure Battery other than when on EHU. So not too bad for my little System 😊

Last edited:
Hi. Ok Annie thread 2. What little bit was added to keep batt charge up .and how easy for me a numbskull to fit. Brian

Hi. Ok Annie thread 2. What little bit was added to keep batt charge up .and how easy for me a numbskull to fit. Brian
Right i don’t know the technical terms are but its a small smart charger and an attachment that fits the OBD socket join the croc clips from each making sure they cannot come into contact then plug in the charger through the 240v in the van as it’s on EH it charges the engine battery through the OBD socket until I can get a more permanent way fitted. Hope you understand this.
the photos are not the ones but it gives you an idea.
3E1D2E45-FEEA-46A7-9EC9-8C21B32B6460.jpeg181672B1-1569-40B2-AB19-C861C1861F2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Since both the van and the house solar panels are still completely covered with snow I haven’t had any power from them for over 2 weeks. Don’t mind the van as I’m not using it but it means I’m losing out on export tariff in this sunny weather on the house. If the panels don’t thaw today I’ll have to get up on the house roof and sweep the snow off!

Yep 10% of capacity seems about right.

This is my table for a 150 w panel.

Untitled.jpg

Id stay in bed, that not good at all from 500watts are they all plugged in? lol

I think that’s a great guide on what you might expect to get from a panel.
So at a guess in South Wales at the moment I should be getting around 20a a Day at this time of year from a 200w Panel 🤔
I’m happy with that as a Guide 👍😊

Last edited:
I am currently getting 68W from my 300W panels
Okay it jumped to 70 as I took pic to make me a liar

Attachments

• 0B22B2B7-93A7-4708-B722-9397F124D36E.jpeg
    0B22B2B7-93A7-4708-B722-9397F124D36E.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 107
Since both the van and the house solar panels are still completely covered with snow I haven’t had any power from them for over 2 weeks. Don’t mind the van as I’m not using it but it means I’m losing out on export tariff in this sunny weather on the house. If the panels don’t thaw today I’ll have to get up on the house roof and sweep the snow off!
How cold is it up there? Could you hose it off?

68 w = just under 6 amp. So 4 hours of that would be about 20 -25 ah per day.
If only it stayed constant eh lol
I need over 65 amps per day if I dont move but this would certainly extend the time before I needed to do something

Looks like they could do with a clean. You will be surprised what a difference in makes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back