Wildcamp a month challenge 2020

2/2 Ingleton. The good people of Ingleton community have provided dedicated motorhome bays and allow overnight stopping with toilet facilities for the whoosh bangers. There is a fee for overnight use but communities like this need applauding for their forward thinking, even though the machine would not take £5 off my card after several attempts at different times of the day. Just kept repeating TRANSACTION CANCELLED or DENIGHED.

Attachments

• IMG_20200222_083236.jpg
    IMG_20200222_083236.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20200223_092648.jpg
    IMG_20200223_092648.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 162
Doubt if it's fair for us to add posts as we have been in ours since end of last October.
But love reading the posts.
Herman ,by woosh bangers I gues that's the same as a wizz-bang..🚐.
It is probably the same or I've misheard the term, the noise made by the slide door on panel vans, as they are usually private conversions or small VW's they are not fitted with toilets so the WC's at Ingleton will be handy.

Why not join in and post the places you stop, if your living in your van since October you must have stopped at some amazing place, please share.

1/1 sorry for the late post, kept forgetting to get the pic on the computer!
January wild camp was an impromptu night out in Brighton on Madeira Drive. Free overnight parking. Don't you love a parking meter app (pay by phone) to have a lay in. Hoping the weather settles down so we can actually get out in February!
View attachment 76552
Surprised you didn't get a ticket? Can you legally stay over night?

2/2
I waited as I was supposed to have gone to a van life meet last night but they cancelled due to bad weather :(
Started the month with a few friends in Goyt Valley for a few days, think that was my last entry for January.
After Goyt Valley it was back over to Cromford Meadows for a night then headed back over towards Buxton. Need to stay handy to the house for a while as I want to get a load of trike stuff on eBay but weather isn’t helping lol
24EE55AA-D37C-46CD-A89E-D7A8C13F8030.jpeg
Ruin of Errwood Hall in Goyt Valley

0D25EB83-686E-4BC5-AFF0-445503E1A35F.jpeg
Charlie at Cromford Mill

8BACE178-6B69-4AD2-A77C-FA85FAB6573A.jpeg
yesterdays view from the van, all the white gone again now 👍

I'm out (already)
3 stormy weekends in a row in the shortest month, the odds were against me.
I was due to go out last night and tonight for a white rafter rafting 2 day session in North Wales, but what with Storm Jorge's high winds and heavy rains, plus the record rainfall making the river levels going up and down by the hour it was sensibly (but disappointingly) cancelled and postponed.

I'm not to sort of person go out just to tick a box if I'm not going to enjoy it.

2/2 Badachro

Village car park,no facilities, good views and just a two minute walk to the pub with friendly locals and great food. Well worth a stopover if your ever in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.JPG
    IMG_0481.JPG
    491 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    604.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    761.4 KB · Views: 152
I'm out too. Not had chance due to a mixture of storms, work and life getting in the way. I also now live in the van 3 nights a week as I'm working from home but as I park up on my mates drive and use his home facilities that's cheating so I sharn't be counting those nights.
Plan on getting out in March and aiming for at least 9 out of 12 this year.

2/2 Badachro

Village car park,no facilities, good views and just a two minute walk to the pub with friendly locals and great food. Well worth a stopover if your ever in the area.
Weather looks good for this time of the year on West Coast, have they removed the signs for no overnight parking or caravans?

We stayed in one of our spots at the weekend sat in to Sunday i don't let any one know where i camp or off sit park now far to-many just rune my spots
bill

2/2 - finally managed to get away 21/22 Feb although still a bit windy. Spent the 2nd night in Herne Bay, Free between 8pm and 9am?
If your a cat fan there is a Cosy Cat Cafe in town although unfortunately is wasn't open in the evening and we had left before it opened on Sunday, Pubs nearby,

1583345810910.png

We stayed in one of our spots at the weekend sat in to Sunday i don't let any one know where i camp or off sit park now far to-many just rune my spots
bill
Always best to keep your favourite spots secret.
Too may rude people on social media saying "Where's that" without even a please or thank you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back