Wildcamp a month challenge 2020

1 / 1 Caernarfon
A very wild and windy last night of January!
d1668ac4c054e4473f8534e76bdaf33a.0.jpeg

10c0262cf31d7da604a2fb220b8c9318.0.jpeg

Well done everyone that's January complete, If there are any late posters I will edit the list and add you also give us a shout if I miss anyone.

Silverweed 1/1
Campervanannie 1/1
Landoboguy 1/1
Iqofafish 1/1
Jillygumbo 1/1
Forresbroons 1/1
Asterix 1/1
Brucews 1/1
Herman 1/1
Nabsim 1/1
Wheelie 1/1
Floratheexplora 1/1
Johnclimber 1/1
Cass 1/1
Cie 1/1
Channa 1/1

Last edited:
2/2
Lacock 6.jpg

Hello to February. Just a quick one nighter to get awaaaaaaaay from home after a bad month. The George Inn, Lacock, allowed me to park in their car park. Not an official Motorhome Pub Stopover or Britstop and the entrance is a little tight so wouldn't be too good for the big monsters, but I was made very welcome and the pub is right in the village, so good for the olde worlde shops and Abbey.

With storm Caira approaching, and Thursday/Friday supposed to be nice, we tripped away westwards for a change on 06/02/20, stopping at Nairn harbour to enjoy the view and lunch, and later a mini shopping experience for Pat at Inverness.

Nairn20200206_125450.jpg

Our target was CR Reelig Glen and the Tall Trees Walk; the small car park was busy when we arrived but we parked up and went for a walk, and it was empty when we got back. I guess in warmer weather it would have been fantastic, but it was still quite pretty with the moss and with amazing trees; overnight was quite a cold experience near the trickling river, and the nearby fields were frosty in the morning, but it was good to get an early bag for 02/02 with the prospect of the storm approaching that would probably hinder a trip out next week.

CR Reelig Glen20200206_155801.jpg

CR Reelig Glen20200206_163857.jpg

After a late breakfast at Beauly, we headed to one of our favourite stops at North Kessock (see POI post for the changes) and basked in the sun and marvelled at the snow tipped views in the West.

N Kessock20200207_114832.jpg

The wind was getting up, so a slow drive home was necessary but it was a pleasant short trip out before we had to batten down the hatches at home.

1/1 sorry for the late post, kept forgetting to get the pic on the computer!
January wild camp was an impromptu night out in Brighton on Madeira Drive. Free overnight parking. Don't you love a parking meter app (pay by phone) to have a lay in. Hoping the weather settles down so we can actually get out in February!
1581708529910.png

Hey Herman,
Thanks for keeping my idea going. I hope you all are enjoying it and congrats those who've done it from day 1 over 2 years ago.

I was out a lot in my van last year but didn't do February, so bailed then.

I've not been on the forum for a while only just re signing up again today.

I was out 4 nights last month, 3 with work, but still a wild camp in a pub's car park in the countryside somewhere near Rugby where I ate each night and once in mid Wales before a cycling event

49445152236_d58c79b462_b.jpg

I've not been out yet this month but I'm away on a white water pack rafting course on the 28th and 29th of February, so all good for this month too

Hey Herman,
Thanks for keeping my idea going. I hope you all are enjoying it and congrats those who've done it from day 1 over 2 years ago.

I was out a lot in my van last year but didn't do February, so bailed then.

I've not been on the forum for a while only just re signing up again today.

I was out 4 nights last month, 3 with work, but still a wild camp in a pub's car park in the countryside somewhere near Rugby where I ate each night and once in mid Wales before a cycling event

49445152236_d58c79b462_b.jpg

I've not been out yet this month but I'm away on a white water pack rafting course on the 28th and 29th of February, so all good for this month too
Welcome back

Welcome back John, As this was your idea you quite welcome to take over tallying up at the end of the month, or I can continue doing it. I will edit January's tally to include you and Cass.

Sorry, late joining this thread. Spent January mostly wild camping in Dumfries & Galloway / Ayrshire. Such a beautiful area and hope return again. One of my favourites spots from then was at Loch Doon. Great place to go for a morning run and feel like I was the only human on Earth! 1/1

Then headed back down south to see family so early February in the fens of Cambridgeshire (flatter running ground!) 2/2

Attachments

• 103E6D38-A2D4-4F41-988E-1628C2189013.jpeg
    103E6D38-A2D4-4F41-988E-1628C2189013.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 39183718-C798-4B79-8822-F7DD463C4935.jpeg
    39183718-C798-4B79-8822-F7DD463C4935.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
Welcome back John, As this was your idea you quite welcome to take over tallying up at the end of the month, or I can continue doing it. I will edit January's tally to include you and Cass.

Thanks for the welcome.

But please carry on Herman your excellent work it's most appreciated.

Work is busy and being stuck in front of a computer all day means I don't really fancy going on mine at home as regularly as I used to.

I'm also not sure I'll be able to complete this year what with a few things in the pipeline.

Thanks again

Sorry, late joining this thread. Spent January mostly wild camping in Dumfries & Galloway / Ayrshire. Such a beautiful area and hope return again. One of my favourites spots from then was at Loch Doon. Great place to go for a morning run and feel like I was the only human on Earth! 1/1

Then headed back down south to see family so early February in the fens of Cambridgeshire (flatter running ground!) 2/2

No need to apologise, just post when it's convenient. You've been added.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back