Wild camping positive thread photos needed

Going, Going, gone.

Overlooking Forres from the Rafford Memorial Garden

P1010544.JPG
P1010549.JPG
P1010552.JPG
P1010555.JPG

I couldn't get in to my planned stop at Balloch on Tuesday night as it was jam packed with day trippers from Glasgow and a couple of lucky (or unlucky, depending on your point of view) vans who had arrived before me (it looked like it was going to be a noisy night) so I made my way north up the side of Loch Lomond and beyond Crianlarich to camp at Dalrigh (nr Tyndrum). Carpark was busy with hill walkers enjoying a beautiful day on the hills but was empty by 7pm. Usual visit to the Green Welly Stop for bacon roll and morning cuppa the next day.(y)
IMG_20210719_193618-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I couldn't get in to my planned stop at Balloch on Tuesday night as it was jam packed with day trippers from Glasgow and a couple of lucky (or unlucky, depending on your point of view. It looked like it was going to be a noisy night) vans who had arrived before me so I made my way north up the side of Loch Lomond and beyond Crianlarich to camp at Dalrigh (nr Tyndrum). Carpark was busy with hill walkers enjoying a beautiful day on the hills but was empty by 7pm. Usual visit to the Green Welly Stop for bacon roll and morning cuppa the next day. View attachment 100335
It’s a nice stop with a nice wee walk down to the river. It’s a pity about the day trippers crapping in the bushes.

It’s a nice stop with a nice wee walk down to the river. It’s a pity about the day trippers crapping in the bushes.
I managed to do the walk after getting permission from the Tourist Info office to park in their carpark (huge thank you to them), but i had to be out by 6. The only problem was getting back out of the main carpark from the Tourist info as cars were still trying to get in and no one had left any space for them to turn and get out.
My main reason for going there was to see the Maid of the Loch which had been hoisted out of the water.. A trip down memory lane for me ;)

I managed to do the walk after getting permission from the Tourist Info office to park in their carpark (huge thank you to them), but i had to be out by 6. The only problem was getting back out of the main carpark from the Tourist info as cars were still trying to get in and no one had left any space for them to turn and get out.
My main reason for going there was to see the Maid of the Loch which had been hoisted out of the water.. A trip down memory lane for me ;)
I was referring to Dalrigh as a nice place to stop.

Craigmead carpark in Fife is positioned between two small hills east and west Lomond. West Lomond being the furthest from the carpark and the highest of the two, but we did it in 2 hours there and back. The smaller hill east Lomond was done in 45 minutes from the carpark, then we walked down hill to Falkland, a lovely small village well worth a look. The hardest part was walking back up the road from Falkland which took just under an hour. From west Lomond you get good views on Loch Leven. The carpark is fairly large, but at weekends it can fill up with cars, but on both occasions we were there we were the only Motorhome. There are toilet facilities during the day.
0272A43C-4422-4E46-8217-C5EC1C3CA320.png
6E937207-BDBE-4912-BDB5-B29E81141D56.jpeg
4348F1EC-F65B-4AB3-84E8-6567BCA90DD0.jpeg
65E938E0-6DA1-48F6-A969-C88338D33D0C.jpeg

It is nice at night. I’d forgotten that was only yesterday morning, we’ve been a few times and sat a short distance away as the sun goes down and all the lights on the Mont come on. As you say, a very different place and very impressive to think they built it all without proper scaffolding and cranes, or the modern day curse of Health & Safety!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back