Wild camping positive thread photos needed

The monument to 911 meant so much to me. As a retired firefighter I know what they went through, I understood what emotions were running through their minds on that saddest of days. But that to was laced with anger. Why, well they should never have been put into that position, and the authorities should have known of the possibility of building collapse. In the richest most powerful country on the planet they did not even supply these men with radios that could communicate with the outside. When the north tower came down, those that would perish inside the south tower were not even aware of this. And nobody has been held to account for this, nobody. Not even a proper enquiry. RIP. The other two shots are from Brooklyn bridge.
FF75C497-A5AA-43D5-8F63-5FA3B91CA32E.jpeg
F86A6F53-4BCC-4A0F-85E1-252E1EBC4611.jpeg
0E710807-ABA2-4D73-B229-2F794BB5E82C.jpeg
08534EE5-52FF-47C8-839B-96C3FCF1B0FF.jpeg
611C35AF-12C6-423D-8470-F838F0CA779F.jpeg

Last edited:
The monument to 911 meant so much to me. As a retired firefighter I know what they went through, I understood what emotions were running through their minds on that saddest of days. But that to was laced with anger. Why, well they should never have been put into that position, and the authorities should have known of the possibility of building collapse. In the richest most powerful country on the planet they did not even supply these men with radios that could communicate with the outside. When the north tower came down, those that would perish inside the south tower were not even aware of this. And nobody has been held to account for this, nobody. Not even a proper enquiry. RIP. The other two shots are from Brooklyn bridge.
View attachment 83148View attachment 83149View attachment 83151View attachment 83152View attachment 83153

My brother also a retired firefighter said exactly the same when it happened Fisherman when it happened he was absolutely livid to be honest

My brother also a retired firefighter said exactly the same when it happened Fisherman when it happened he was absolutely livid to be honest
The world certainly changed that day forever 911 for my generation is. The Kennedy moment everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing I remember watching it unfold on TV like a Bruce Willis film ,surreal RIP all those involved

Sadly the standards of health and safety in the US are well below this country. There is a perception in the US that firefighters lives are almost expendable, it’s their job to take unnecessary risks and die. But what happened that day was disgraceful. 343 firefighters died needlessly. A proper risk assessment had never been done on the towers, even though they knew that this was a possibility. The Empire State Building was struck by a Dakota in 1945, and there had been a near miss several years before. These men were put into an impossible situation.
At the start of the fire people were told to remain in the building, no proper evacuation planning had been done for such an incident. But the biggest crime was communications or the complete lack of them.
People should have been jailed for what happened, yet not one person has been brought to justice. Now it’s been turned into a money making show charging people $30 to enter the museum, with street vendors pestering people to buy guide books about 911. RIP.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back