Wild camping positive thread photos needed

The painting at my post #417, by Constable,

227D9B50-D265-4A33-B1A4-25879683FCEC.jpeg

View attachment 79724

If you were small enough id eat you.

Really good shot, I like the way you properly used depth of field field to highlight the cat from the background. I also suspect you may have used fill in flash from the reflection on the medallion. I assume you used a large aperture with a telephoto lens. Ok go on tell me you used your phone, and just pointed it, somehow I doubt that.

Really good shot, I like the way you properly used depth of field field to highlight the cat from the background. I also suspect you may have used fill in flash from the reflection on the medallion. I assume you used a large aperture with a telephoto lens. Ok go on tell me you used your phone, and just pointed it, somehow I doubt that.

This is where im lucky. It was taken on a Canon 1DX and 100-400 f4-f5.6 MK2 I didt use ay flash but did use a lamp Sometimes having lots of wildlife gear helps. But remember, he may be cute but hes also lethal if your a mouse, vole or rat.

This is where im lucky. It was taken on a Canon 1DX and 100-400 f4-f5.6 MK2 I didt use ay flash but did use a lamp Sometimes having lots of wildlife gear helps. But remember, he may be cute but hes also lethal if your a mouse, vole or rat.

Cracking shot I reckon your lens was set to 100mm
F4 gave you the shallow depth of field.
Canon 1dx a professional camera.
I still use canon myself, but for landscape shots I actually use my iPhone x.
ok no raw images, but great shots.
I only use my dslr for telephoto shots now.
I never thought he was cute, more of a dog man myself.
But I like water voles, and they are almost extinct now.

Last edited:
both the mallard and flying Scotsman built in my hometown of Doncaster, both world record holders, the plant where they were built was considered best place for an apprenticeship when I was a boy...massive crowds when the girls come home.....NRM a good day out
View attachment 79727View attachment 79728View attachment 79729View attachment 79730
I you ever go to York make sure you visit the national railway museum. It’s free to enter and has some great displays. The first train is stephensons rocket, next my favourite, the mallard, then the flying Scotsman, and last the Eurostar.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back