Wild camping positive thread photos needed

This one always makes me smile .........

A87AC06A-AAD0-48B9-9D69-BF9EB25A7FF7.jpeg

While thinning out old man cave today, I found an old planter I made years ago, which is stainless steel, the actual petals are scrap cutouts from UV filtration units now installed in the Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai. The cast iron plate, I found this years ago near Roslin Chapel, I idea what it is? Then after dark, I got the fire going 👍View attachment 79497View attachment 79498View attachment 79499
The cross on the cast plate you stole sorry found near Roslin Chapel is an engrailed cross or Sinclair cross. I have an old plaque relating to the Sinclair family with the same cross on it.
E561C0DF-A55F-46C2-922B-DDB0B23F1543.jpeg

Certainly not stolen, Cale. I found it down that lane that runs down to the glen, partially covered up and well fixed into the soil. This was pre 2009, as Beas father was alive and we took them to the chapel.

I had a mind to do something with it, obviously never got round to this, however, if the cast plaque has some historical interest to the area, I'll happily hand it to the visitor centre.
Only pulling your leg mate. I took my plaque up to the visitor centre and left it with them to make sense of what is on the back of it. I think the chaps name was Ian and he was very helpfull and gave us some interesting information about it.
C7D79F16-DE4F-48F1-9D98-6D2F01C7F749.jpeg

@runnach
Wow! That planter is absolutely stunning... I love it!

It puts me in mind of a place near me called Camelia Botnar. Its public face is a garden center with gorgeous handmade furniture and metal work for sale too - oh and a very decent cafe that's so popular you have to book for lunch!!! The foundation's main purpose is as a residential training programme for disadvantaged and problem youngsters to teach them the skills of horticulture, carpentry and metal/wrought iron work (there must be another name for that but I can't think what it is!). The fruits of their labour are sold in the garden centre and the youngsters normally go on to get work in thier chosen field. The story behind it is quite touching...

Martin bought me some beautiful oak chairs there in the months before he died, bless him. I'd visited, stroked and coveted them for months whenever we popped up there and I blubbed like crazy when they were delivered because it was such a lovely gesture... Martin laughed at me of course for being such a baby :ROFLMAO:

That is very interesting, Cale. Is it possible to type that out and post, as some off, the writing is difficult to understand, do you know how old this is?
Not sure if it’s age but an estimate was 150 year old and probably made by someone in the Sinclair family. We inherited it from an old friend who’s middle name was Sinclair. The text refers to the Sinclairs first coming to Scotland and important things in their history and probably copied from something. The chap Ian from the visitors centre was very interested in it but didn’t think it held any importance.

I know where it is Bill, not been there but seen a picture from when my daughter went there.

See if anyone else knows it.

Reactions: 2cv
Years ago I decided to hold the AGM of one of our companies in Geneva as we had a small team of oil traders based over there. I decided I’d better go over there for a look see (mainly to try out the restaurants!) before finalising things. What I didn’t realise was that Geneva Airport has both a French and a Swiss exit. I simply followed all the other passengers off the Air France flight and ended up on the French side, even though I wanted the Swiss side. From personal experience I can report that getting back into Switzerland at the airport is a near impossibility and took the best part of an hour. Lesson learned very quickly!

Thanks for posting all the pics. Much appreciated. Keep them coming

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back