Wild camping positive thread photos needed

davef

Ruins of farmstead lost in the jungle of the forestry commission plantation in the south of Arran. This is the turntable mechanism for the horse to walk round and round turning the huge cast iron crown-wheel which will drive a small bevel gear driving the shaft that would run into the building probably working a winnowing machine. Even though I knew close enough to where it was, it took 3 attempts pushing through spruce branches, avoiding tripping on brambles or falling on frost covered rotten fallen trees or sliding into ditches and bogs to finally find it again surrounded by forest.

P1050134.JPG

caledonia

Ruins of farmstead lost in the jungle of the forestry commission plantation in the south of Arran. This is the turntable mechanism for the horse to walk round and round turning the huge cast iron crown-wheel which will drive a small bevel gear driving the shaft that would run into the building probably working a winnowing machine. Even though I knew close enough to where it was, it took 3 attempts pushing through spruce branches, avoiding tripping on brambles or falling on frost covered rotten fallen trees or sliding into ditches and bogs to finally find it again surrounded by forest.

View attachment 90648
It would be housed in a building called a Gin Gang.

Obanboy666

That's on my list Steve. Never been there though.
You have to get there, one of my favourite places in Gods country.
I had driven past the turning to get there dozens of times before campervanannie mentioned the place, always call in when up the west coast.
No amenities apart from waste disposal and fresh water but worth the tenner a night for the location alone imho.

Snapster

We’ve been walking along our local canal for a year or two now, and have been seeing kingfishers darting around. Every time I take my camera, they seem to hide, but I caught this one today.
Not the best photo, it was up a tree about 50 metres away, but I’ve got a long lens..........

D6436570-D37C-46A4-8AB9-16A013B7747D.jpeg

2cv

We’ve been walking along our local canal for a year or two now, and have been seeing kingfishers darting around. Every time I take my camera, they seem to hide, but I caught this one today.
Not the best photo, it was up a tree about 50 metres away, but I’ve got a long lens..........

View attachment 90765
Brilliant photo, they move so quickly it’s very hard to photograph them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:158)

2cv, caledonia, trevskoda, Harryw, TeamRienza, Robmac, Edina, linkshouse, mark61, Tookey, Val54, Tapfitter, Nidge, Silver sprinter, VandA, ian1950, Makzine, jacquigem, Fisherman, Servo, DTF, Bigshug, JVG, Obanboy666, brian c, Heppy, MartinFife, Biggarmac, davef, winks, WingNut, Old Wanderer, tripper, number14, bjh, mariesnowgoose, runnach, mjvw, Livotlout, jeanette, lthoel2, sdh1412, vtwinner, Steve C, Lee, Caz, Martin P, Forresbroons, Haaamster, Somerled, davep10000, Lib, Caravan Palace, tribby, horace, chyperie, RV2MAX, saxonborg, RichardP, Romer, BeakerFlo, charlie356, janj, christine, Billet, rabW, Patandtubs, Alun100, Mr K2, Eric Eke, Pedalman, Dalkeith, mole906, myvanwy, NalaK, Frank Taylor, The laird, jagmanx, Goggles, Snapster, Dezi, AMcQ46, ajb70, tugboat, Gaza1515, Barleydog, GinaRon, s4x4c, Raptor107, kenspain, hanger18, fiona68, witzend, DorsetDrifter, SimonM, rustydog, ExRacingRat, Poacher, BKCharles, Wooie1958, Chip, REC, andyo, Clarkster, Polar Bear, mimbrit, InVinceble, Littlemush, kensowerby, Sjlumsden, vwalan, Handel10, oldpatchwork, Larnie, Mandoman, roadroamer, rugbyken, adriandp, DAVEY, AlynRuth, Robinhood, dave and mary, nutts, MikeRS, Jmick, Penny13, SquirrellCook, Coops1964, Scotia, beachbumz, Winger, Touringtheworld, bandit1200cc, Monkeybrand, Toffeecat, BM48, Kevd, Blue yonder, Chasn, GLT, Dartmoor Punch, Ken Parsons, poohbur26, davecumbria, thenomads, Dave H, Roadromer, wilfyboy, outdoorellen, chrishunter, tuckerstravel, Debroos, Tinhut1, ironman, muttley9050, davepierson, Justjack, Subablu,