Wild Camp a Month 2019 Challenge

8 of 8, how wet was August!

Couple of weeks ago we had a week down in Derbyshire on a site as just needed a few days where I could chill and not think about where to go for the following night and be able to open a few beers.
Turns out we had the site to ourselves for 3 nights and then 1 night with half a dozen tenters, plus 1 other MH, so ended up with a really good break.

At the end of it we had 1 nights' wilding down there before heading back up North and enroute home had another night wilding nr Ripon, before finishing the week off with Sunday lunch at Tan Hill Inn, which I can highly recommend.

Anyway, few wilding pics.

car_park1.jpg

car_park2.jpg

Aug.jpg

Aug1.jpg

Aug2.jpg

Aug3.jpg

8/8

Spent the last couple of nights in Welsh Wales over the Bank Holiday weekend: 1 night near Usk Reservoir up on the moor; then a second night at Brecon's Promenade car park, which is free between 6pm and 8am.

Rounded off a week in the area and I'm well chilled now. Would add photos but not easy for me.

Hopefully she got her 8/8 in and will have it fixed in time to get 9/9.

Campervanannie should be on 20/20 being in the 1st challenge from the start as is Brucews and myself, and Suneye on 19/20 having only missed 1 month.

Fingers crossed she'll be back on the road soon.

Sorry folks I am losing it, can’t remember what month we are on and when I posted lol. I am still out since the beginning of April although I did have to nip home to sign for a hire car yesterday.

Did the last three wild festivals which put a different slant on staying in a field and that took up a good chunk of August. Let me check back through my pics and I will find where I will be posting for August.

just checked through my pictures and I don’t seem to have any except for the three festival which were all pay to stay. I was roadside near Hull for a few nights and overnight in Stratford on Avon but no pics of it :(

Last edited:
Yes sorry a lot going on at the moment August I failed miserably as most of my camping nights were at paid festivals so they don’t count and my van is off the road having a complete engine rebuild due to my big end breaking bu hopefully I will get it back before the end of September so I can get that one in 👍👍

9/9 Pembrokeshire.
Night one was at Llansteffan. Ours is the one on the right in the field at the end of the village.
IMG_20190917_090555.jpg

2nd night was at West Angle beach

IMG_20190917_191044.jpg

3rd night was The old point house, does not strictly count as we paid £10 to use the carpark. And I forgot to take a photo.

4th night was on the a roadside verge overlooking Newgale beach.

IMG_20190919_140332.jpg

And finally, strictly does not count as it was a pay as display carpark in New Quay. Motorhomes or vehicles altered for sleeping in are £6.50 for 24 hrs, but the machine would not take more than £2.80, which was for 24hrs for a car.

And we had fantastic weather all week.

We had a wet few days on the south coast visiting rellies. We arrived late at stone barrow in the dark and left early in the pouring rain so didn't get a photo. The photos were taken in the carpark at Charmouth and the beach near Lyme Regis.
IMG_1941.JPG
IMG_1942.JPG
IMG_1948.JPG
IMG_1941.JPGIMG_1942.JPGIMG_1948.JPG

9/9 Pembrokeshire.
Night one was at Llansteffan. Ours is the one on the right in the field at the end of the village.View attachment 73643

2nd night was at West Angle beach

View attachment 73644

3rd night was The old point house, does not strictly count as we paid £10 to use the carpark. And I forgot to take a photo.

4th night was on the a roadside verge overlooking Newgale beach.

View attachment 73645

And finally, strictly does not count as it was a pay as display carpark in New Quay. Motorhomes or vehicles altered for sleeping in are £6.50 for 24 hrs, but the machine would not take more than £2.80, which was for 24hrs for a car.

And we had fantastic weather all week.
Great photos

IMG_0734.JPG

hello everyone. I like the idea of this thread. We have only had our camper for 1 month but been out a few times. Here is our 1/9 at Calshot last weekend. Parking free from 10pm until 6am so I hope this counts. We paid with the ringo parking app at 6am from bed! (it does state no overnight parking /camping but apparently always a few van parked up)

Welcome on board Floratheexplora, These last 3 months of this year will be good practice for next year.

With there getting less wildcamping spots you have to be inventive and paying for the next day from the comfort of your bed is inventive.(y)

9/9

After leaving Charlie I did intend spending a night at Stoke Bruene alongside the canal but when I got there it was quite full. I ended up staying in the lay-by about half a mile further on. I was going to go back to the canal later but decided it was fine there. Long enough for walking the dogs and as quiet (maybe quieter) than canal side due to more trees.

i arrived at the stones next day a full seven days before the autumn Equinox, it’s so nice on the drove when there aren’t may folks there and really recharges you’re battery’s. Up until the Sunday we had wall to wall blue sky and sun, some amazing sunrises and sunsets. They had given rain on the Sunday and rain for the Equinox but when it came Monday morning was great with an amazing sunrise amongst the stones.
Speaking with some of the Druids they said that Monday was not the true Equinox and that would happen on Thursday. As my dentist rang to cancel this meant I could stay and attended the second Equinox unfortunately though we didn’t get a sunrise through the cloud although it did stop raining for the ceremony to take place.

once again an amazing time on the drove, the dogs love it as well and I eventually said goodbye yesterday lunch time and headed to a site at Chipping Norton to empty out, refill water and get long showers :)

The final pic of the stones is before breakfast yesterday morning and before they let the public in. The one before that shows my van where it was parked for eleven days7EDEB8CD-0197-4C8D-A048-E6CB593A58F2.jpeg264ABF82-AB5C-43AD-940E-234F660A275D.jpegCE3E5652-7514-4150-AD44-10D94B0CD0FA.jpeg151B06E6-A4C2-446D-A10E-46505F926306.jpegC0940BB9-AC24-4A3A-BEE3-846E45CE3FAC.jpeg779F1799-FC13-48B2-BFB3-3C905039C5A1.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back