Wild Camp a Month 2019 Challenge

suneye

Welcome to the Wild Camp a Month 2019 challenge. This carries on directly from the Wild Camp a Month 2018 Challenge.

Guidelines
Head out for a wild camp at least once per calendar month.
A camp out on the 31st of the month into the 1st of the next month, is just 1 night and it's only counted as the previous months wild camp.

Pub car parks are allowed, but not if you have to pay for them, no problems buying their food and drink but if you pay for car parking of any sort that doesn't count.
Wild and remote areas are great but it you only have time for a quick one mid week between work days then these count just as much.

You shouldn't use the same spot as your "challenge" site in the same year, but if it get's you out don't stress about this one 12 times in the same spot is better than not getting out so shout about it.

Multiple nights out in the same month cannot be carried over to the next month or use to fill missed months.

How will this be policed? Your own enthusiasm and honesty should be enough.

Once you have wild camped simply post up one or two (but don't fill the thread) with a photo or two of your Motorhome or Campervan at it's Wild Camping spot with a short description (should you wish) and a number such as 1/1 for a wild camp done in January through to say 8/8 for 8 out of 8 in August.
If you miss one don't stress there is no shame to 7/8 if life gets in the way.

If you are out multi times in a month please be reserved and only post up your one per month on this thread.

Have fun and we look forward to sharing your experiences here.

1/1

Carried forward from the 2018 thread for January 2019:
Wildebus 1/1
Nabsim 1/1
brucews 1/1
campervanannie 1/1

Nabs 1/1

I will add my post to this thread so it will be complete to anyone looking, thanks Suneye for taking this on

Have a few to chose from for this month an not going home for a while yet :)

I think for January I will use the North Berwick park up as the dogs really loved the runs along the beach in the evening and next morning.

C2EFB66F-200E-4400-9E1D-25DFEF5B3C53.jpg

D2531F9E-BA7A-487C-873C-69C9560ACAE2.jpg

Last edited:
I will add my post to this thread so it will be complete to anyone looking, thanks Suneye for taking this on

Have a few to chose from for this month an not going home for a while yet :)

I think for January I will use the New Berwick park up as the dogs really loved the runs along the beach in the evening and next morning.

View attachment 69229

View attachment 69230
Wheres New Berwick? You in North Berwick or Berwick upon Tweed? (Not for from me if so)

1/1. 1st of January, Loch Tulla. Bloody freezing as duff battery, coldest I’ve ever been in my motorhome as it was -8c.
5A8FEE7D-B68A-4095-8C9B-922D69416D74.jpg2439818B-2542-42E0-BA50-80BE2EF8975B.jpg

Thanks for keeping this going, great reading and I always look forward when I see someone has posted:wave:

20190101_100923[1].jpg

Villedieu des Poeles, not sure if the photo is attached. Lovely place, they set off a firework display to welcome us as we drove in, and churchbells to send us off on our way the next morning.

Moved Jan 2019 Post

Our investigations last week to establish a good place to park up overnight in Inverness near the river paid off, as we were able to use this location on 31st Dec to attend the Red Hot Highland Fling Hogmanay event that took place in the Northern Meeting Park. Some super acts, especially Calum Mackenzie Jones and The Trad Project,View attachment 69178
and about 15000 people were there; we were about 5 rows back from the stage and had a super view of everything. Well done Inverness for putting this on for another year, and what a fantastic fireworks display at the end!!

View attachment 69176
Up fairly early the next morning and away down the A9 to Ralia Cafe near Newtonmore for breakfast; too early to overnight here this time, and we on a mission to visit family in Dundee and then Bathgate, so we had our first 2019 overnight at Perth car park instead to score 1/1 for this year.
View attachment 69177

Pretty cold here that night and we lost our water when the van went below 5 deg inside during the night (-5 outside) to trip the frost protection on the water boiler; good job it was only a short run on to Bathgate where we stayed for another couple of nights without incident.

This was originally posted on the 2018 thread but moved here for consistency.

1/1 Bowness.

We stopped here for 2 nights but went to the Langdales during the day for a walk and got the same pitch when we returned for the second night. I made the mistake of parking under the big tree the first night. I looked at it and thought, well It's not raining and there's no leaves on it how bad can it be. 3 'o' clock in the morning we moved up a couple of pitches.:rolleyes:20190113_094135.jpg

Pleased this has carried on having missed most of last year due to the van build taking longer and a few other issues preventing me getting away as much as I wanted, but the aim is defo to do the challenge this year.
1/1 Spent last night at Newbiggin Common, quite simply the windiest wildest night I've ever spent anywhere, including my days in the Military, but thoroughly enjoyable. Roll on February.

Newbiggin Common 1.jpg

Newbiggin Common 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for taking over Suneye :banana:

JohnClimber 1/1
46019316584_f21fd19433.jpg

In a very un-glamorous pub car park in the heart of wales before a Cycling event

Not sure if I'll do all 12

John you better get the 12 done or il make a point on setting Annie on you, :banana::banana::banana:

1/1 Nr Caernarfon

We're joining in this year! Here is our 1/1 last night near Caernarfon.

Attachments

• 50402564_290013535046305_2844755310579548160_n.jpg
    50402564_290013535046305_2844755310579548160_n.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 200
1/1

Let's try again this year:

First one was last Saturday at the Sir Walter Tyrrell pub in the New Forest.

Last year, despite having a full time job, I managed 104 nights in the bongo, of which 15 were wild camping! None of the nights were work-related. Is that impressive or what?

So far this month I have been out 15 nights 3 at a rally 12 wilding about average for the time of year for me.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back