WHITE

My van’s red. Previous vans have been green, blue and cream, red, orange, yellow, green and cream.... I guess white isn’t me.
There again, I don’t live in a grey house full of grey stuff, every room’s a different colour.

Last van was a lovely green, current one white.
Couldn't make up my mind on colour. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0526.jpg

Stragely most boats moored for months on end in estuaries are white and how many moan about them.
I concur, Pedalman.

I guess it is the 'vanilla' or 'beige' ideology that has come about over the last 2 or 3 decades, certainly as far as 'doing up houses' for rent or sale, and this extends to other areas of life, I guess? Booooorring! 😝👎

They usually talk about colours being a 'blank canvas', so SimonM is correct in saying white is the most neutral/non-offensive colour to have for a vehicle, especially a 'big ticket' item like a motorhome?

Me, if I could afford it and/or had the energy to do it myself (neither of which applies, unfortunately) I would definitely mega-paint jobby ours as far away from white as I could get!!! :)(y)
Last van was a lovely green, current one white.
Couldn't make up my mind on colour. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 97166
The green one is easier on the eye, is that a periscope sticking out of the roof ?

Last edited:
I concur, Pedalman.

I guess it is the 'vanilla' or 'beige' ideology that has come about over the last 2 or 3 decades, certainly as far as 'doing up houses' for rent or sale, and this extends to other areas of life, I guess? Booooorring! 😝👎

They usually talk about colours being a 'blank canvas', so SimonM is correct in saying white is the most neutral/non-offensive colour to have for a vehicle, especially a 'big ticket' item like a motorhome?

Me, if I could afford it and/or had the energy to do it myself (neither of which applies, unfortunately) I would definitely mega-paint jobby ours as far away from white as I could get!!! :)(y)
Maybe you need to take my wifes attitude to the prepping stage....

(Unfair, she worked really hard to be truthful)

20200811_162730.jpg

I well remember when it was purgatory, to wear a yellow high vis jacket, whilst working, because of this problem, but the rules made it mandatory.
I used to drive a rubber duck on the motorways, middle of summer you'd be covered in midges but if I hung my hi viz vest on the rear view mirror they went for that & didn't come into the cab.....

Never let science stand in the way of fashion. Don’t get me started on the early rectangular headlights.... As for yachts being white we always reckon it was to make them look like a breaking wave when trying to spot them in a storm. Then again bright orange is a bit of a visual challenge in a marina.....

Never let science stand in the way of fashion. Don’t get me started on the early rectangular headlights.... As for yachts being white we always reckon it was to make them look like a breaking wave when trying to spot them in a storm. Then again bright orange is a bit of a visual challenge in a marina.....
Yes like fancy car tail light clusters costing £600, really gets my monkey up, what was wrong with Laylands little round tail and winker lamps at a fiver .

We learnt that white was used for reflecting heat, and black, for absorbing heat, in Physics lessons, many years ago.
A well known example, was why cricketers wore white.
As regards radiators, if you are interested, just Google " Why are radiators white", and you will see the explanation.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back