White sands, Dunbar no more.

I despise them maingate. Yet look across the Firth and you have Fife council, a totally different approach from a council who are trying to be fair towards us. But sadly some idiots don’t appreciate their efforts.
My son was at Crail the other week with his girlfriend and family, they took a wee jaunt upto Kingsbarns and was sure he saw no motorhome parking allowed. I know you head there quite a bit do you know if things have changed?

My son was at Crail the other week with his girlfriend and family, they took a wee jaunt upto Kingsbarns and was sure he saw no motorhome parking allowed. I know you head there quite a bit do you know if things have changed?
Not been there for two years. Currently they have 8 overnight spaces at Kingsbarns. Until recently they were free, but owing to overuse by long stayers both there and at Elie were there are seven places it’s £10 for 24 hours parking on these positions.

Not been there for two years. Currently they have 8 overnight spaces at Kingsbarns. Until recently they were free, but owing to overuse by long stayers both there and at Elie were there are seven places it’s £10 for 24 hours parking on these positions.
I was there at the beginning of the summer and all was fine, Liam was there two weeks ago that's when he saw the signs.

I was there at the beginning of the summer and all was fine, Liam was there two weeks ago that's when he saw the signs.
This was posted on here 25 July

Stayed at Kingsbarns last night. The parking ticket machine is now working and they ask for £10 (payable by cash or card) for an overnight stay. There are 8 MH bays and overnighting is only allowed in those 8 bays. During the day you can park for 2 hours free and £2 all day. As has been said before it's a cracking spot. The toilets are spotless though please note, tempting though it may be, they do state no chemical disposal. I've no problem with the £10 fee, especially if it helps the whole thing be a success which hopefully will spread to other parts of Fife and beyond.

Stayed at Kingsbarns last night. The parking ticket machine is now working and they ask for £10 (payable by cash or card) for an overnight stay. There are 8 MH bays and overnighting is only allowed in those 8 bays. During the day you can park for 2 hours free and £2 all day. As has been said before it's a cracking spot. The toilets are spotless though please note, tempting though it may be, they do state no chemical disposal. I've no problem with the £10 fee, especially if it helps the whole thing be a success which hopefully will spread to other parts of Fife and beyond.

He may have misread the signage then unless something happened within the following week.

He may have misread the signage then unless something happened within the following week.
They installed payment meters.
I doubt if Fife would go down that road, and I have heard nothing to confirm what your son reports. Also I was at craigmead two weeks ago chatting to the warden about Kingsbarns and Elie, he made no such comment scotia. I hope your son is wrong, it would be a shame if not.

They installed payment meters.
I doubt if Fife would go down that road, and I have heard nothing to confirm what your son reports. Also I was at craigmead two weeks ago chatting to the warden about Kingsbarns and Elie, he made no such comment scotia. I hope your son is wrong, it would be a shame if not.

Out with the designated overnight spaces provided this leaflet applies throughout Scotland, and Fife are merely informing us of our rights under the land reform act Scotland. You can park overnight at Kingsbarns 8 spaces, Elie ruby bay 7 spaces, and craigmead 5 spaces. Craigmead still being free, I was there two weeks ago and posted on here.

That was me. It had all been recently set up with a brand new detailed sign explaining how it all works by the pay machine. There MAY have been other signs outwith the M/H designated bays warning folk off overnighting ... though I can't be sure ...

Meeting up with a couple of old wild camping members currently on their way back down from Scotland.

They've been meandering down the coast this last week, parked up somewhere around Berwick last Monday currently near Morpeth.
Have hinted that they've had a horrendous time with park-ups coming down the East coast of Scotland.

Will get updated on situation when we get together this weekend (y)

We went up the east coast beginning of July and had no problems at all.

Yeah, but we're into silly season.

The kids are off school and a lot of folk are still stay-cationing instead of flying off to Costa-del-Alcoholics.

Scotland and, latterly, what was once a quiet and lovely Northumberland have become very popular since the pandemic and lockdowns.

The tourist hotspots like Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, Alnwick etc. are currently heaving with folk.

Thing was we all thought the biker was a total idiot.

Surprisingly not all bikers are thugs or anarchists.

In fact, I had ridden there with a few biker mates and we were all from the local plod!

View attachment 105491

Been there loads of times, even wild camped over the road before they re lined it, nice to see HDs out in force (geddit) my new one (97) was very like the heritage on the right.

Can't see where you're going with those blindfolds on. 😂

Sunglasses a better bet (y);) :cool:

289163_163096510433483_4356260_o.jpg

A friend of mine got nicked in Derbyshire for parking on grass verge outside double yellows along with dozens of other vehicles , they had parked to watch a Lancaster fly over ladybower ..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back