Which spray bottle do you favour instead of flushing or bio tabs?

Pudsey Bear

Do you dilute anything domestic, I have a couple of exhausted spray bottles I can press into service.

We're thinking of abandoning the flush as it does deplete the fresh tank over time.

We like to avoid having to fill it, last time away we managed 14 days on a 100 litre tank before filling up.

Do you dilute anything domestic, I have a couple of exhausted spray bottles I can press into service.

We're thinking of abandoning the flush as it does deplete the fresh tank over time.

We like to avoid having to fill it, last time away we managed 14 days on a 100 litre tank before filling up.

14 Days!! I bet you stank! :ROFLMAO:

Separate flush tank on the Kontiki. I think it holds about 15 litres or something. Lasts ages.

Yes a good and bad idea at the same time.

As a Blue badge holder I can legitimately use disabled loos, almost all have a basin, some even have hot water too, So I go equipped and take an old towel for the floor, and a holdall with the other stuff needed for a full wash and a change of clothes, and I also take my carer in as she too is entitled to be in there, ten minutes usually sees us in and out, one doing others tuff while one is doing ones ablutions, we do sometimes use the Radar key ones but unless they're in Tesco's etc can be a trifle basic.

Can it freeze I don't know ?
We got blue and pink still left over from old van.

As theres no brush !. I've got / use detoil mix in 500ml squirt bottal for the stub on it's bits. and aways leave fresh water flush on top of trap when it's closed. When away in van. Lol. Think the cold fresh water holding tanks 15ltr also . highrised porta pee. Should I empty (the top tank now) the cold /freezin weather's here.....? The bottom black tank is emptied when we arrive home. .lol

Here just 4 screws

Attachments

• 1674130211998508282452.jpg
    1674130211998508282452.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 53
Currently using this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154543784253

Blue Chemical Toilet Fluid - Waste Tank Additive- 10 Litre (2 x 5 Litre) £22.99, was £18.99 when I last purchased in May.

Formaldehyde free, eco friendly and bio-degradable, according to the specifications

Zaflora - combination of Disinfectant and Freshener - https://amzn.to/3XnMEz9 - for the Spray Bottle
plus
Rainx Plastic Water Repellant - https://amzn.to/3XpCLRk - to apply to the bowl to make the whole process more effective.

We use white vinegar in a spray bottle to clean after using. No water or flush, just a handful of sawdust! (compost loo ;) ) Wee bottle gets emptied and rinsed most days and about a tablespoon bio liquid left in it. While bin emptied into compost heap when back home, or occasionally, if away a long time it is buried under a hedge.

Zaflora - combination of Disinfectant and Freshener - https://amzn.to/3XnMEz9 - for the Spray Bottle
plus
Rainx Plastic Water Repellant - https://amzn.to/3XpCLRk - to apply to the bowl to make the whole process more effective.
Gone for that £15 a bit more than I wanted to spend but they should do the job, thanks again David.

How do you apply the Rainx, just in a spray bottle? I assume this is only needed once in a while. but the Zaflora each visit.

Gone for that £15 a bit more than I wanted to spend but they should do the job, thanks again David.

How do you apply the Rainx, just in a spray bottle? I assume this is only needed once in a while. but the Zaflora each visit.
The rainx is not my original idea but a tip I picked up. A good old clean and then apply periodically with a kitchen paper towel is probably best?

When I had a portapotti, used to use the usual stuff in the fill tank and you lose that in the loos with the fresh water flush don't you. So having something like zflora in a spray bottle even if you do a flush is something I do out of habit (rightly or wrongly. Who knows :) )

We/She will give it a go and report back our findings, if nowt else it'll smell nicer I hope, shame I had to buy THREE bottles :D :D better be really good.

We use white vinegar in a spray bottle to clean after using. No water or flush, just a handful of sawdust! (compost loo ;) ) Wee bottle gets emptied and rinsed most days and about a tablespoon bio liquid left in it. While bin emptied into compost heap when back home, or occasionally, if away a long time it is buried under a hedge.
I have dentures and so I am forced to use a 1/4 of a steradent tablet every 2 days to keep them clean. I started to use the rejected steradent water to rinse the pee bottles before it is discarded. It makes a big difference over the daily water rinse we used to use and then some miltons occasionally.
Steradent seems not very harmful, when the bleach action is used up, apart from the blue black dye they use, which I am suspicious of as damaging to the environment. Maybe even when it has lost its colour.
Milton's liquid seems better but Milton's tablets have extra problems. Chemists should be able to do better.

Reactions: REC
I should add that the bottles are a 3litre size so no worries about overflowing in the dark, both have caps, and are only about 300ml of the bleach solution in them when sterilising, and get a quick swill prior to peeing into them, and of course each day.

I should add that the bottles are a 3litre size so no worries about overflowing in the dark, both have caps, and are only about 300ml of the bleach solution in them when sterilising, and get a quick swill prior to peeing into them, and of course each day.

Yeah but the spouts are all very small Kev, just sayin. I would have to cut the top off. :cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back