Where do you go to dump the toilet cassette?

Maybe consider a chemical-free SOG system? No idea what it really means but ‘sucks out the gas’ pretty much covers it. A fan comes on to draw air through when the cassette plate is open, keeping smells out of the van. Coupled with a No.1s only policy, you are left with wee, water and paper that can go down an ordinary public loo. An early morning pee and fart doesn’t asphyxiate your partner either!

In my experience my wonderful morning 'manly motion aromas' that permeate the van used to keep er indoors in a semi sleep state unable to speak for hours after ones eyes had stopped watering. Terry the terrior remained completely unaffected. Many fellow MH-ers at my fave site marvelled at this phenomenon and one chap upon witnessing this blessing actually offered payment if I could use his facilities to achieve the same end even if it was only once....

Hi all. When on Anglesey overlooking. RAF valley. We pulled into the nearby campsite and he told us that a lot of campsites do a Motorhomes service. Water... toilet empty ..quick hook up. ... shower for-around £5. £6 so we often do this 2/3 hours and away. Brian ps. we were very lucky whilst doing top up etc. The raf has an end of course take off fly round land. A mini air show great.

Hi all. When on Anglesey overlooking. RAF valley. We pulled into the nearby campsite and he told us that a lot of campsites do a Motorhomes service. Water... toilet empty ..quick hook up. ... shower for-around £5. £6 so we often do this 2/3 hours and away. Brian ps. we were very lucky whilst doing top up etc. The raf has an end of course take off fly round land. A mini air show great.
Not sure if its still on but if it is the one along side the railway lines ,WC full. members discount..also a meet their in september. Trewan sands

Last edited:
We have a second cassette. each takes 3 to 4 days. but........ usually manage to dispose in public toilets after 3 -4 days rather than wait for 7 or 8. Never use chemicals in cassette but bowl "smell nice" spray. We use a very large bag to carry cassette to and fro.

This is a great resource that rarely gets talked about. I use it in conjunction with with Google street view to identify suitable public loos to use - usually the old brick ones.

we use canal sites as they have disposal facilities for the boats,,thats if your near a canal

We don’t wild as much as we used to in the UK but when we do we have a RADAR key for the locked disabled Loos and there is an app to show locations. You can buy a RADAR key from Amazon.

We only use green bio chemicals so are suitable for septic tanks, and also find locations that are quite isolated and visit when less people are likely to be around.

We always leave them cleaner than we found them.

On your first point you are wrong. The CCC offer a four hour stay for £7.20 at many of their sites.
For that you can refill your water, empty your cassette, and even have a shower.
But due to Covid this has been suspended. Also many private sites offer a service for a price.

Second wrong again there are some publicly available but few and far between.
We go to Arran were two are available.

Sorry but emptying in a public toilet is a non no.
Also you could be emptying chemicals into a toilet connected to a sceptic tank.

Some CLs will allow you to empty your cassette.

You could buy a second cassette if you have somewhere to store it.
Fiamma make a cradle that fits underside onto the chassis.

Or do as Sam and I do wc three nights then a site.
Emptying n a public toilet is perfectly OK as long as you are discrete about it and leave the facility cleaner than you found it. There is nothing going down there that wouldn't go down in the normal course of events.

Most of what is in a cassette is liquid We don’t use chemicals so whether or not the toilet is on a septic tank is irrelevant.

The more I read these threads the more I understand why Motorhomes owners are being targeted as anti social. Who in their right mind would think buying a key off of Amazon for disabled toilets so that they can use them to dump their toilet cassette is even a thing let alone right and proper. It’s a toilet for disabled people!!!

Over the past weeks people on here have advocated bagging it and chucking it in a bin, lifting manhole covers or just using public toilets.

Others have said it’s ok to steal fresh water from garages, cemeteries or any random tap they stumble across.

It’s a few quid every few days to use a campsite or CL to dump and replen a Motorhome which avoids the bad press that our vans generate.
And if the MH Poo-Pot empty-er is actually registered disabled, surely that's OK?

We live beside the NC500 which attracts huge numbers of novice (clueless) first-time motorhomers in hired vans, they bung-up single track road, cannot back their vehicles, and haven't the first idea what to do with toilet waste. NC500 management and Highland Council love the income this brings to the region but do nothing to make available facilities for those (like me) who abhor campsites, finally the light seems to be dawning and moves are afoot to create such facilities. The Outer Hebrides Council are leading the way with this web-map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...2673077543&z=7 which I've copied to Highland Council with the suggestion that they emulate it .... I'm not holding my breath. But if every NC500 driver were given a map of appropriate 1-nighter wild-camp locations and toilet disposal points, the locals would be more welcoming. As it is residents are moving away from our corner (Lochinver to Kylestrome on the B869) because what was a 20 minute journey to the village / doctor / shop, now takes over 2 hours. NC500 website advice recommends larger vans bigger than VW T5 avoid this section and the Bealach na Ba' on Torridon ... but oddly, they don't seem to heed that advice. Odd that!

And if the MH Poo-Pot empty-er is actually registered disabled, surely that's OK?
Can someone tell me about the registry of disabled persons , dose one exist , their are benefit claimants ,that is not a regster .their is no card they can carry as proof , they can purchase certain items vat free but have nothing to prove disability ,

The more I read these threads the more I understand why Motorhomes owners are being targeted as anti social. Who in their right mind would think buying a key off of Amazon for disabled toilets so that they can use them to dump their toilet cassette is even a thing let alone right and proper. It’s a toilet for disabled people!!!

Over the past weeks people on here have advocated bagging it and chucking it in a bin, lifting manhole covers or just using public toilets.

Others have said it’s ok to steal fresh water from garages, cemeteries or any random tap they stumble across.

It’s a few quid every few days to use a campsite or CL to dump and replen a Motorhome which avoids the bad press that our vans generate.
'Avoids the bad press' is correct but if you forget the press can I ask what you think is actually wrong with disposing in a public WC? (I do not advocate the bagging and binning). Press opinions are not a valid enough reason to stop doing something which is harmless in my opinion. I will listen to good sense and might well change my behaviour if your points are valid.

What part of the process do you not agree with and why?

Last edited:
Thank you for replying

I thought the reason campsites don't want chemical toilets emptying in the toilet block was due to the toilet block using a septic tank and the chemicals would destroy the 'good bacteria'

So it's a question of etiquette which I guess is always debatable.

Scenario 1 is I go in the loo and poo, wash my hands and l leave and scenario 2 is I go in the loo and pour in my poo, wash my hands and leave. The difference being the cassette, the volume and increased likelyhood of leaving an unpleasant smell, but the end result is the same.

I shall ponder,

Ty (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back