Where do you go to dump the toilet cassette?

Hi all. Must be pretty lucky. When I empty our cassette there is no overwhelming smell just a mild poo smell gone in a minute or two. If I was honest I would say that the home toilet smells worse for 5/10 mins after I use it. Like all things everyone has there own opinions some agree that most people are different. Some are of the opinion that there way is the only way and everyone else is wrong. So it's more a case of pick which way you find best. And try that. I have never had anyone give me dirty looks or even side looks when. I have used public loos. One toilet attendant who watched what I did. Said he wished normal customers left it as clean. Wasn't till after I wondered what was not normal about me. Asked a few people and they replied that if I did not know by now. Then ,,,,, ,,,, Cheers brian

Another possible way of Loo contents disposal is take a leaf from the book of some dog owners, that is empty cassette contents into a strong black plastic bag, tie a not to prevent leakage then toss the bag into the bushes of the nearest garden... That seems to be acceptable in my area!!!

The more I read these threads the more I understand why Motorhomes owners are being targeted as anti social. Who in their right mind would think buying a key off of Amazon for disabled toilets so that they can use them to dump their toilet cassette is even a thing let alone right and proper. It’s a toilet for disabled people!!!

Over the past weeks people on here have advocated bagging it and chucking it in a bin, lifting manhole covers or just using public toilets.

Others have said it’s ok to steal fresh water from garages, cemeteries or any random tap they stumble across.

It’s a few quid every few days to use a campsite or CL to dump and replen a Motorhome which avoids the bad press that our vans generate.
I wouldn't worry to much poster.
its a £$%^ thread anyway

;)

Another possible way of Loo contents disposal is take a leaf from the book of some dog owners, that is empty cassette contents into a strong black plastic bag, tie a not to prevent leakage then toss the bag into the bushes of the nearest garden... That seems to be acceptable in my area!!!
I do that with body parts.

Lift a sewer manhole and dump it there, avoid ones in the middle of the road. This is also probably illegal.
Thats OK but a lot of people don't know a sewer manhole from a GPO or water meter,storm drain I have seen someone empty into a water meter which was at the back of a cafe beside the sewer manhole

At home I have the mains drain cover right next to the van ,open the cassette door and lift down to the cover. We have two cassettes on board and they can last a fair time if nowhere else can be found to dump them. UK facilities are abysmal for everything. Dover has only one public toilet near the town centre and that Is locked for public safety. With BPH , I no longer go to the town, for that reason. Another nail in the coffin according to the agenda of kill the towns.

On the couple of occasions we have returned home with a 'full load' I know from experience that our downstairs loo will be out of commission for about 20 minutes because of what I have emptied down it so there is no way on this planet I am going to deliberately share that with the general public in public toilet.
Something badly wrong there. When I empty the cassettes into our toilet at home, there is no mess and very little smell (I do open the window to be sure).
I always flush the toilet as I pour the contents of the cassette, then leave the cassette sitting in the toilet, outlet face down, so it drains any sludgy content as the cistern refills.
Then I take the cassette out and flush the toilet again.
A standard toilet flush is about the same capacity as a cassette, so the system should easily be able to cope with the amount in the cassette.

Not an option for those of us 'in the sticks' away from main drainage. An old fashioned cess pit is a nasty hole in the ground that takes all sorts and is never discussed in polite company. No harm done disposing of a camper cassette into one of those. A member of the Lower Orders comes along periodically and sucks it dry, the lucky ones even get to use a 'sludge-gulper' lorry to do so! We have a modern alternative sewage plant at home which has a wet part and a sludgy part, the central wet part contains some special bacteria that reputedly can make the liquid drinkable (yuk) before discharging to a herring bone soil soakaway. One sniff of those nice smelling camper toilet chemicals will kill the hard working beneficial bacteria stone dead, so not doable.

As a child, I lived in Forehoe & Hensted District Rural Council area.
The Director of Environmental Health got to have his name written on the side of the septic tank sucking out lorries.
His name was Mr Smellie.
As a child, I thought this was rather amusing.

I empty mine lots of times when i get home in my bog, never a problem, its a few gallon of liquid with some washing up tabs in? Im probably helping the local sewage system more then not.

If public bogs to empty are good enough for Gadjet John, they are good enough for this guy :) until someone puts a sign up saying no no noooo.

either way, when i use public bogs after a good weekend on the beers and curry, no cassette can be worse than my Monday morning direct deposit surely :)

no problem in publics toilets for me as long as no chemicals

Some on this forum (do your research) feel its ok to pop into the local main supermarket Morrisons Tescos and the like sneaking in with two cassettes hidden in a shopping trolley full of their excrements and use the customer toilets to relieve them of their problem.Personally I feel this is really wrong. What is the general view on this? Surely better to wait to get home or to pay a local campsite a service fee.

Some on this forum (do your research) feel its ok to pop into the local main supermarket Morrisons Tescos and the like sneaking in with two cassettes hidden in a shopping trolley full of their excrements and use the customer toilets to relieve them of their problem.Personally I feel this is really wrong. What is the general view on this? Surely better to wait to get home or to pay a local campsite a service fee.
Serioulsy , ha ha ha,
brings a whole new meaning to Taking a £$%^ in morrisions :p
no I think thats a scoop too far, I mean all the food and stuff, plus most the bogs in Morries are usually next to the cafes. Who the hell does this, bit £$%^ that, your not talking crap are you micky, I mean thats taking the piss, what would they do if the security guard caught them in the act, just say "thats a fair plop" or tell the guard hes talking £$%^, and do the runs :cool:
ok thats enough . soz. but seriously Morrisons, ha ha, Aldi ya, but morries, noooooo

" really, surely I couldn't have just read that in 2020 " keep your hair on Tookey ... it's called A Joke.
" His name was Mr Smellie. " I had to read out a class list once with just that name in it and fell into the trap of pronouncing it "smelly" when it should have been "Smiley". Apparently it was by no means the first time this had happened but he was a decent lad and took in good part while enjoying my embarrassment.

My Lord, Ive just seen the furore regarding the "trolleygate" scenario,
surely you guys dont believe the poster was being serious guys, cmon, where has the Wild Fun and Friendly element of WC gone.

Serioulsy , ha ha ha,
brings a whole new meaning to Taking a £$%^ in morrisions :p
no I think thats a scoop too far, I mean all the food and stuff, plus most the bogs in Morries are usually next to the cafes. Who the hell does this, bit £$%^ that, your not talking crap are you micky, I mean thats taking the piss, what would they do if the security guard caught them in the act, just say "thats a fair plop" or tell the guard hes talking £$%^, and do the runs :cool:
ok thats enough . soz. but seriously Morrisons, ha ha, Aldi ya, but morries, noooooo

Not talking crap its on here for all to read and yes a step too far.And the person thinks its amusing because a few gave them a laugh "like' on their post.
As you say if caught the security guard would not be best pleased.Certainly some explaining to do. Shop lifting in reverse imagine checking the trollies for stolen items and revealing two cassette tanks full of the bad stuff.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back