Where do you go to dump the toilet cassette?

In England at least the CS and CL network has to be your best bet. Just book into one of them every few days or as you say ring them up and offer to pay a couple of quid for a dump. :D

Public toilets are getting few and far between now I think but I have used them. As said though if you use chemicals avoid ones that might be on a sceptic tank.

I think the CL and CS network are terrific though. I dont tour much in England anymore but when we did we almost exclusively used them mixed in with a bit of wilding so no problem.

Six days is mighty impressive for a thetford lasting though. The bushes must be well watered! :D

As antiquesam, channa, 2CV and barryd have said stopping at a campsite / CS / CL every 3 nights or so would work if able to plan in advance and make bookings in good time but would not work for as as we need to be flexible when we start our journey and our travel plans are not fixed - the joy of owning a camper and being retired FREEDOM!! Talking to other travellers it seems that the majority of campsites are fully booked. Our next trip will be 30 days or so, we have to see if campsite / CS / CL owners are interested in some additional cash for using their services.

As antiquesam, channa, 2CV and barryd have said stopping at a campsite / CS / CL every 3 nights or so would work if able to plan in advance and make bookings in good time but would not work for as as we need to be flexible when we start our journey and our travel plans are not fixed - the joy of owning a camper and being retired FREEDOM!! Talking to other travellers it seems that the majority of campsites are fully booked. Our next trip will be 30 days or so, we have to see if campsite / CS / CL owners are interested in some additional cash for using their services.

Last time I toured the UK down in Devon and Cornwall for a month or so I never booked anything. Just maybe the first CL then I would just ring them up as I went along sometimes on the morning of the day we wanted to stay. However it could be that they are over subscribed right now I dont know. Anyway I cant see them objecting to you just using the facilities for a couple of quid before moving on.

Looks like another cassette is the answer if you can fit under the van.

All pub toilets in N Ireland are mains so take it in a shopping cart and dump down big white telephone,oras i do take home as we have 3 man holes in garden though i dump down workshop bog,never use toilet chems,only bio wash powder.
on your toes ok pj

Wonder how they get on on the space station.:sick:
They're all naked and have to keep a small fishing net handy to catch stray floaters which of course up there are dry. No wonder they have to keep their hand/eye co-ordination bang on!

Leave well alone if it’s in the middle of road, you could end up head first down the hole.
Doesn’t bear thinking about!
you could yodel ,or hell let me loose. whats the smell,heck thats me, ive blown it. stand back. im running to the clodgea, to late, ive blown it, hang on ,ok.pj.

Im surprised dyson have not made a vac to remove the offending lump rather than use a loo. :unsure:
what a turd in time, you are bang up to date, hang on were coming,to help . we have sent for the fire brigade. you will need full power, ok let it rip. okpj.

Maybe consider a chemical-free SOG system? No idea what it really means but ‘sucks out the gas’ pretty much covers it. A fan comes on to draw air through when the cassette plate is open, keeping smells out of the van. Coupled with a No.1s only policy, you are left with wee, water and paper that can go down an ordinary public loo. An early morning pee and fart doesn’t asphyxiate your partner either!

In England at least the CS and CL network has to be your best bet. Just book into one of them every few days or as you say ring them up and offer to pay a couple of quid for a dump. :D

Public toilets are getting few and far between now I think but I have used them. As said though if you use chemicals avoid ones that might be on a sceptic tank.

I think the CL and CS network are terrific though. I dont tour much in England anymore but when we did we almost exclusively used them mixed in with a bit of wilding so no problem.

Six days is mighty impressive for a thetford lasting though. The bushes must be well watered! :D
goot day cobber, when u ar out in the bush,be-care-ful of nettles,and wet legs, plus the odd thistle, p.s. they make you jump. kud-on-ya, blue. ok.pj. not wet yet.

Even recently I’ve stayed on cls as the only user, the ones with fewest facilities seem to be least popular so finding one when needed doesn’t mean prebooking. At as little as £5 a night it’s cheaper than the CCC scheme when it’s working.

Even recently I’ve stayed on cls as the only user, the ones with fewest facilities seem to be least popular so finding one when needed doesn’t mean prebooking. At as little as £5 a night it’s cheaper than the CCC scheme when it’s working.

Those are my favourites. Field in the middle of nowhere, tap, emptying point. Good to hear they are still available. Our favourite CL on the Yorkshire coast is a bit like that. No frills but plenty of space.

We once stayed on one just outside the Forest of Dean that was just £3 a night. A few years ago now I guess. I remember talking to the guy and saying how come its so cheap. His attitude was it was just a bit of a hobby thing and he liked to see people using the field he had no real use for. This time of year you simply dont need EHU, showers etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back