What bedding do you use in your Van?

What type of bedding do you carry in your Van?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thin memory foam mattress topper for us. Then a sheet then a choice of king size duvets: winter 10.5Tog and summer 7.5Tog. We also carry a 4.5Tog in case it is REALLY hot. I keep all the duvets under the bed and the bedding in the house until needed.

On long trips we carry up to 3 spare sets of bedding as washing and drying king size duvet covers and sheets can be a pain due to their size.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything specific when I did a search, so here goes - purely for a bit of fun!

We have always squabbled about what bedding to have in the van.

I feel the cold, so have always taken 2 double quilts; 1 summer tog, 1 winter tog and a hot water bottle is an essential piece of kit.

His nibs thinks the 2 quilts take up too much storage space (they don't really, depends how well you pack 'em :rolleyes: 🥴 )

Anyway, I'm solving the problem by going full-on consumer and have ordered a double silk filled multi-season duvet (£69 off eBay, highly recommend it). Have a king size one on the house bed and it is blummin' magic! Best duvet I've ever owned. Major advantage is it packs down small and you only need the one, so hopefully no more whingeing over bedding... 🤞:ROFLMAO:🙃

So, what bedding do you guys take and use in the van?
We have 2 identical sleeping bags zipped together with 2 light fleeces inside. When hot we're on the fleeces and when cold we're between them. We also share our heat!🤤 Same again when in the boat side by side. Must look at one of your 'home' duvets Mariesnowgoose

New mh has hab aircon, don't know how this will effect our sleeping arrangements yet. Picking it up on the 22nd June.

Normally we use sleeping bags and just lie on top when it's too warm. Just in case you are wondering about the bedtime disco - sleeping bags have zips! ;) ;)
Never worn pj's.

We have a memory foam mattress topper and previously used a super king sized med tog duvet. We have recently gone over to 2 x individual med tog duvets as our dog has a habit of getting onto the bed and causing a 'valley' in between us and pulling the duvet away from the sides, gets a tad cold!

Us ladies have to think about these things you guys just undress scratch your bellies and get into bed 😂😂
Not quite, Annie ...

I was told some 40 years ago that ladies rub their eyes when they wake up because they don't have a pair of balls to scratch ...:ROFLMAO:. The Moody Blues first hit concerned the subject, and was called 'Gonads, Gonads' ...

Steve

I came across a silk filled duvet at one of the shows and was not entirely convinced of it keeping me warm when needed and also cool when needed. Thermos flasks can do the same, but how do they know, warm or cool😂
Seriously though do the silk duvets do what they say on the tin?

I came across a silk filled duvet at one of the shows and was not entirely convinced of it keeping me warm when needed and also cool when needed. Thermos flasks can do the same, but how do they know, warm or cool😂
Silk, rich b%^£)d LOL

We have 2 identical sleeping bags zipped together with 2 light fleeces inside. When hot we're on the fleeces and when cold we're between them. We also share our heat!🤤 Same again when in the boat side by side. Must look at one of your 'home' duvets Mariesnowgoose

They definitely work. The one on the house bed we've had for about 3 years and 100% no complaints - even begrudgingly approved by his nibs, which is a blummin' first!

Went back and bought more for family after we'd had chance to test ours out.

Here's the seller I purchased from on eBay (despatch is quick) :- Mulberry Silk Filled Duvet Hypoallergenic All Seasons

They definitely work. The one on the house bed we've had for about 3 years and 100% no complaints - even begrudgingly approved by his nibs, which is a blummin' first!

Went back and bought more for family after we'd had chance to test ours out.

Here's the seller I purchased from on eBay (despatch is quick) :- Mulberry Silk Filled Duvet Hypoallergenic All Seasons
Do they need to be dry cleaned or do they wash in a machine?

Do they need to be dry cleaned or do they wash in a machine?

Dunno, not washed ours yet. 🤷‍♀️

I tend to just air my duvets by hanging them out of the window in warm weather "à la continent", or on the washing line, or over a radiator in the winter.

If I did need to wash them I'd use a cool, gentle wash just to refresh (or a "silk wash" if your machine has one), then line dry on a good, hot day (like wot we is having right now 👍 :cool: :) ).

Or dry clean, obviously, but would not be my personal preference.

Two duvets sewn together to make a bag.A quilt cover inside which can be washed regularly. Another cover on the outside to keep the outside clean

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back