What bedding do you use in your Van?

What type of bedding do you carry in your Van?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mariesnowgoose

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything specific when I did a search, so here goes - purely for a bit of fun!

We have always squabbled about what bedding to have in the van.

I feel the cold, so have always taken 2 double quilts; 1 summer tog, 1 winter tog and a hot water bottle is an essential piece of kit.

His nibs thinks the 2 quilts take up too much storage space (they don't really, depends how well you pack 'em :rolleyes: 🥴 )

Anyway, I'm solving the problem by going full-on consumer and have ordered a double silk filled multi-season duvet (£69 off eBay, highly recommend it). Have a king size one on the house bed and it is blummin' magic! Best duvet I've ever owned. Major advantage is it packs down small and you only need the one, so hopefully no more whingeing over bedding... 🤞:ROFLMAO:🙃

So, what bedding do you guys take and use in the van?

Last edited:
I dont like to be hot, so a lite duvet will do as it can be kicked of if hot, also easy to let farts escape. 😂

what you talking about young man......dont like it too hot.....how do you manage then when you have your heating on at 26 degrees. PHEW sweltering hot so it is.

We were in China 20 years ago and visited a silk farm.
We purchased a double size silk duvet and it's perfect.
Only once did we need a blanket on top when we stayed overnight
On the summit of an alpine pass.
See logo on left.
Dezi

Well being royalty we dont share a bed so we take 2 x lots of bedding. Winter I have a duvet and an unzipped sleeping bag on top, Michelle has a sleeping bag with an unzipped sleeping bag on top. Summer it varies from just a sheet to one or sometimes two unzipped sleeping bags but no Duvets in summer. Plenty of storage space in Hank. Usually stuff them in the Luton.

Mattress topper and duvet, reinforced off-season with a fleece throw or two. The latter are also useful to snuggle the dog when it's really cold.

I don't know how to answer this one. We use Duvalays, which (strictly) are neither sleeping bags nor duvets nor mattress toppers but a sort of hybrid of all three.

I suspect that whether you have a fixed bed will have some bearing as you're less likely to have sheets and either blankets or a duvet if you don't have a fixed bed.

what you talking about young man......dont like it too hot.....how do you manage then when you have your heating on at 26 degrees. PHEW sweltering hot so it is.
My heating has never been to 26c, 21c in the house which is automatic on stat, van i dont bother with heat as im a hot feller. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back