Wanted: Inflatable Kayak?

Hi, its a Bestway 142" Waveline with aluminium oars to be included

Hello Chrissy thanks for the offer there but i'd just this morning bought a new one as recommended above....

Spindrift U.K. Ltd - Online - (VAT Registration; 891125719 - Company No; 5329267)

... had an impulsive moment.... and got an extra shift tomorrow night which made it easier...

Maybe someone else might like it tho?

Regs.... Jeff

Congratulations!

We've got the SE 370 Pro. It comes in a big waterproof bag which holds the kayak, oars, pump, seats etc - and it all fits comfortably under one of the bunks in the van.

yeah i liked the look of it instantly and coming with the oars and pump and bag found it hard to resist.... nice fella on the phone too which could have explained why i didnt ask for any discount :eek: but i'm happy.... lookin forward to getting out on it as soon i can as really.... probably canals first till i find my way in it a bit.... gotta call in somewhere and get a lifejacket type vest thing too... probably i should.... yeah good shout tho thanks very much for that! :)

kayaks

Check out the stearns,they are a little more but are excellant.Been using these for about five years now no problems.Fit nicely in a fiamma box ,go well were ever ride well in the surf.,Great fun.

Thank you for your link John... it is lookin like the Sevylor Colorado has my attention... do you know if the seat adjusters for this enable 1 seat to be right in the middle when used as a 1 man kayak? I saw a video on you tube with a fella sat right at the back and it was dipping slightly to say the least... concerning.... wouldn't wanna capzise :rolleyes:

Hi there, i've got a Sevylor Colorado, brilliant bit of kit and packs down to store in the undefloor compartment. It stays in the van all through the summer so always ready for use.

Yes, you can remove the second seat and bring the main one forward to (nearly) the middle to use as a single seater.

Pete

Cheers for your responses Pete and Gary... I'm awaiting delivery of a Sea Eagle tomorrow and very much lookin forward to gettin out in it... it seems there's somethin about wild camping and gettin out in a kayak too... in fact a thread wild campin & kayakin sites might come in handy... ..... :cool::cool:

Cheers for your responses Pete and Gary... I'm awaiting delivery of a Sea Eagle tomorrow and very much lookin forward to gettin out in it... it seems there's somethin about wild camping and gettin out in a kayak too... in fact a thread wild campin & kayakin sites might come in handy... ..... :cool::cool:

We got our Sea Eagle the other week-super kayak, not as easy to control as our canadian but so easy to pack away etc.

Off to scotland with it in early july so will update you on wilding/kayak places on our return.

Hi there, i've got a Sevylor Colorado, brilliant bit of kit and packs down to store in the undefloor compartment. It stays in the van all through the summer so always ready for use.

Yes, you can remove the second seat and bring the main one forward to (nearly) the middle to use as a single seater.

Pete

We've got one of these too - had it for three years and we love it! It has a pocket beneath that uses water to stabilise it, then it drains out when you pull the canoe up onto the bank. The great thing is that it has a keel so it tracks well. Tried a cheaper one and it went round in circles! I'd be interested in knowing whether other types are easy to keep in a straight line (when sober) cos we're thinking of adding to our fleet!

Hilary

I hate to say but you'll get what you pay for; Sevylor seem to be the best on the market of the inflatables.
If you're feeling really wealthy there's always http://www.klepper.com/en/index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Klepper are nice, however we've had our Grabner 'adventure' for almost 10 years now. Tracks and paddles almost as well as a hard boat and fits in an unfeasibly small space. Of course there's a down side... ours has more than doubled in price since we bought it. Yes they're expensive, but have a look at what outdoor centres are using. Quality and design are first rate.
QUALITY INFLATABLES

I spoke with a chap this weekend whilst out kayaking and he was telling me he has a lightweight one, 12kg, fits in his ruck sack, which enables him to take it all over. He was singing the virtues of it, describing that it was made of the same material as the cheap seaside dingy.

He said that it is big enough for a couple of days camping equipment and has taken it all over the world.

He also stated that he has taken it in the sea around Westray in the Orkneys. The upside was that when water gets in, you pull the plug in the bottom, because it is inflated, the bottom lifts and the water drains away. You then just put the plug back in place.

The downside is that it is susceptible to the wind and when you hit a wave the front just folds......

Jon

inflatable kayak

seen one in lidl £80
also comes with rucksack and other stuff, give it a snatch
on this weeks special offers.
:)

We are still thinking of what to buy, quite like the idea of the SEA EAGLE PADDLE SKI as well as paddling it you can row, sail & even put a small outboard on it. Not cheap though but would like to see how it performs. Since I have been on the Sea Eagle website I seem to get ads for them on every site including this one.

Another link for inflatables INFLATABLE EVERYTHING

Used to have a Metzler inflatable canoe, bought it from a guy I worked with over thirty years ago, his son had used it quite a bit. Must have had plenty of use out of it over the years & we only threw it away a couple of years ago as the rubber was starting to perish. Used to perform really well & looked a bit like a German U boat :eek:

We are still thinking of what to buy, quite like the idea of the SEA EAGLE PADDLE SKI as well as paddling it you can row, sail & even put a small outboard on it. Not cheap though but would like to see how it performs. Since I have been on the Sea Eagle website I seem to get ads for them on every site including this one.

Another link for inflatables INFLATABLE EVERYTHING

Used to have a Metzler inflatable canoe, bought it from a guy I worked with over thirty years ago, his son had used it quite a bit. Must have had plenty of use out of it over the years & we only threw it away a couple of years ago as the rubber was starting to perish. Used to perform really well & looked a bit like a German U boat :eek:

We had a look at the PaddleSki, in a shop in Walton on Thames, they would of let us take it on the river. To us it was balance of cost and how much we will use it and what for. As we had a ridged canadian which in the last few years got little use-but hell we sold it after 5 years for £100 more than we paid for it (better return than the banks). So we have settled on the 370 sea eagle, been out in it once one the Thames to the pub and back, not so easy to control as the canadian but much easyer to transport etc. We'll be out in it again before scotland, then we'll be on lochs and rivers and hell maybe a calm bay on the west coast.

We like the idea of being able to sail it, we did fancy getting an inflatable catamaran (very expensive for a good one :eek:) but it would only be any good for sailing. I realise that something like the paddleski won't be great for sailig but it seems to do a bit of everything.
Some Utube links
YouTube - Direct Boats - SEA EAGLE PADDLESKI INFOMERCIAL . . . WWW.DIRECTBOATS.COM
YouTube - Sea Eagle PaddleSki Kayak - Sailing at St.Thomas Bay

I think it is about £1400 for the larger paddleski + sail but that is still about half the price we were looking at spending on a Grabner cat :rolleyes: & while it might not be as exciting to sail it would be nice to have the option of using it for a bit of a rest from paddling ;)

We were out both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend in our Sea Eagle SE370.
Good fun! Wind made the loch at bit choppy on the Sunday and that was even better fun :)

Maybe we ought to have a boating meet :rolleyes: For people who either have boats/canoes/sailboards etc. or fancy trying it out. Used to enjoy going away for boating weekends with the works sailing club. Still got 3 sailboards + gear in the garage, problem is there is no way I can carry them in the van (wish we had got a ladder & roof bars fitted :( have to remember to get one on the next van :))

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back