Wanted: Inflatable Kayak?

Drysuit Peter... only perverts wear rubber in the winter... :D

Ha Ha, sensible men wear a rubber on all 'occasions' and there is only 5% VAT on them.

Bloody government tax everything except farts now and they will soon be taxed under 'emmissions' and climate change.

PETER

Ha Ha, sensible men wear a rubber on all 'occasions' and there is only 5% VAT on them.

Bloody government tax everything except farts now and they will soon be taxed under 'emmissions' and climate change.

PETER

Very true, but if you only "let rip" in front of a wind farm, you may be able to offset your carbon emissions. please dont try this after eating sprouts as it could overload the wind turbine! :eek::D

Very true, but if you only "let rip" in front of a wind farm, you may be able to offset your carbon emissions. please dont try this after eating sprouts as it could overload the wind turbine! :eek::D

I love brussel sprouts but unfortunately they dont like me, after eating them I could power a generator 24/7

Peter

Quite fancied the Grabner inflatable catamaran but it's expensive about €3500, did see a cat at one of the motorhome shows a bit smaller but can't remember the make. We used to have a Metzler inflatable canoe, really good make but the rubber eventually started to perish but it must have been over 30 years old. Used to have some great times in it, it handled like a heavy kayak rather than an inflatable dinghy.

have you looked in decathlon it's a large sport shop sells everything they had some inflatables when i was last in. theres one on the M60 ring road in stockport next to the viaduct look out for B&Q and it is opposite.

some inspirational photo's on that site..... fantastic thanks....

will have a look in decathlon..... looks like i might have to be doing an extra shift or two! ;)

some inspirational photo's on that site..... fantastic thanks....

will have a look in decathlon..... looks like i might have to be doing an extra shift or two! ;)

shift or two????? does than involve work??????;)

yup - on 3 weeks leave but will have to offset the cost by doing some extra shifts here and there! it'll be worth it i reckon come the warmer weather! However there is a 4 week delay i believe...... Prob gonna go down to Decathlon in stockport next week to have a butchers at some.... there's a camping place there too so will bob in there for a split relay charger too!

Last edited:
Or.... should I get a rigid hull kayak????

nah, roofrack etc storage at home etc etc .....good quality inflatable 3/5 chambers! pack it away and forget it in van but if youneed it its there;)

yup you got me there on the spontaniety vote.... and back to inflatable it is......

Thank you for your link John... it is lookin like the Sevylor Colorado has my attention... do you know if the seat adjusters for this enable 1 seat to be right in the middle when used as a 1 man kayak? I saw a video on you tube with a fella sat right at the back and it was dipping slightly to say the least... concerning.... wouldn't wanna capzise :rolleyes:

Have a look at Sea Eagle inflatables.
A wee bit more expensive but very good quality.

They have a good reputation and are sold mostly in the U.S., however there is a company called Spindrift near Bristol who import them. Good to deal with.

If you buy a cheap inflatable that doesn't track well, or isn't up to the weight it will be wasted money. Spend a bit more and get something that will do the job and last years.

Check out the Sea Eagle and Spindrift websites.

I have one

yup - on 3 weeks leave but will have to offset the cost by doing some extra shifts here and there! it'll be worth it i reckon come the warmer weather! However there is a 4 week delay i believe...... Prob gonna go down to Decathlon in stockport next week to have a butchers at some.... there's a camping place there too so will bob in there for a split relay charger too!

Hi there, I have an inflatable 2-man kayak - brand new in box if you're interested??? its yours for around £80 plus p&p :p - I live in Leeds.

Hello there - what make is it so i can look it up?

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back