Wanted: Inflatable Kayak?

mmmm good point don't know why but i always think things are cheaper on ebay... its just a starter of an idea I had last year... think it'd be a beautiful thing to do on a summers day....

regs
Jeff

There's also a stockist on the banks of Windermere (Windermere Aquatic home of Bayliner, Bavaria Boats) but they're not cheap. From memory, I think the Keswick shop range were cheaper.

Why not opt for a fibreglass canoe? They're much more rigid and practical if you're looking for just casual use or, if it must be inflatable, how about a smally dinghy? I've tried them all - and a DIY-build traditional McGregor sailing canoe.

if you're near worcester I saw one in caravanstuff4u yesterday and I'm sure it was cheaper than that

Costco have 2 kinds, can't remember the price but looked the bees knees as they say.

Why not opt for a fibreglass canoe? They're much more rigid and practical if you're looking for just casual use or, if it must be inflatable, how about a smally dinghy?

Hello Kangooroo.... my first thoughts were of a fibreglass canoe/kayak and part of me still feels that way because of there durability... punctures etc.... just a storage issue and liked the idea of having the inflatable (kayak) in the back of the van... nice day and just head off with no solo loading up on my roofrack etc... do fibreglass ones sail through the water with significantly more ease.... part of me would prefer a fibreglass one its tru..... appreciate your input there fella.... :)

Thankyou to kenjones, guerdeval, zipnolan and JCMH... I will no doubt now spend countless manhours trying to get a bargain... have looked at all your suggestion and all good to know.... Thanks again.... :)

The costco jobs are good value. Best quality around is probably Grabner. Not cheap but excellent design and construction. We have a 15' canoe which we've been using for for around 10 years. Paddles almost as well as some hard boats and fits in a rucksack.

mmmmmCostco......... i'm not a business tho.... its same as a macro membership kinda thing.... but good to know some of the more quality ones are good to paddle tho....

that's great twosugars thanks just had a look and there's a whole section reviewing inflatables.... which i'll have a good read of soon... appreciate the tip thanks very much :)

have you had a look at the challenger k1 off ebay@£60 looks good for knockin' about in!! i too intend getting one but a sevlor 2 seater 5 air compartments, if one gets damaged other 4 keep ya afloat!! want a inflatable so no aggro strapping kayak to outside somewhere/ theft/winddrag etc;)

yup wind resistance and loading/storing my concerns also... so inflatable it is... wouldnt mind something half decent 1/2 seater but i have convinced myself its a deffo for this summer :cool:

Your not kidding, kayaking in this weather:eek:, mind you I do have wet suits!:)

Peter

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back