WANTED 2 man inflatable kayak

• Thread starter Deleted member 75250
  • Start date
I have a 2nd hand Sevylor, with paddles and jackets that we will not be using again.
It is a three man, but easily converted to two. £50, collect Sheffield.
I have sent you a message - thank you

I defo post some pictures. If we get on holiday this year. I've got shelley a waterproof action cam to attach to her helmet 🛶📸

Some photos from years gone by

Attachments

• SL731218.JPG
    SL731218.JPG
    612.4 KB · Views: 152
  • SL731239.JPG
    SL731239.JPG
    665.1 KB · Views: 140
  • SL731244.JPG
    SL731244.JPG
    810.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Gastes3.JPG
    Gastes3.JPG
    523.7 KB · Views: 144
  • P1020352.JPG
    P1020352.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 151
So if it is supposedly illegal to carry a motorcycle in the garage of a motorcaravans as they are classed as goods are these also classed as goods as they are not essential for living.

I have to say when I was looking... The decathlon range looked great...
In the end I went for fibreglass as it cropped up, at, a great price.

IMG_20200606_201933.jpg
IMG_20200606_202525.jpg
IMG_20200606_202604.jpg

Last edited:
I've also got a Sevylor Hudson, like the one in Beemer's photos, as Robmac says Sevylor are good tough boats.
But do be aware that they can take a long time to dry out as water gets between the outer and the bladders.
Not a problem if its only packed up for a day or two but leave it in the bag wet for a long time and it will smell like road kill when you take it out again.
This is mine turned inside out to dry.
Drying out.JPG

Back together, I mostly use solo so only 1 seat fitted. The false floor and foot brace blocks are my own modifications
This is what it really looks like.JPG

And here it is being used on the Thames, upstream of Lechlade. The red cooler bag is full of coffee and cake, but sadly no beer as I had to drive home
afterwards, and a small first aid kit on top.
IMG_0144.JPG

I've also got a Sevylor Hudson, like the one in Beemer's photos, as Robmac says Sevylor are good tough boats.
But do be aware that they can take a long time to dry out as water gets between the outer and the bladders.
Not a problem if its only packed up for a day or two but leave it in the bag wet for a long time and it will smell like road kill when you take it out again.
This is mine turned inside out to dry.View attachment 82960

Back together, I mostly use solo so only 1 seat fitted. The false floor and foot brace blocks are my own modifications
View attachment 82961
And here it is being used on the Thames, upstream of Lechlade. The red cooler bag is full of coffee and cake, but sadly no beer as I had to drive home
afterwards, and a small first aid kit on top.
View attachment 82962

Like the idea of the floor. I did similar in a dinghy once. I've got some spare ply and rubber edging I could put round it.

I've also got an electric outboard (Minn Kota) for mine for if I'm feeling lazy it pushes it along quite nicely and the grandkids love it.

So if it is supposedly illegal to carry a motorcycle in the garage of a motorcaravans as they are classed as goods are these also classed as goods as they are not essential for living.
I'm sure most canoeists and kayakers will argue that they are essential!

Last edited:
Like the idea of the floor. I did similar in a dinghy once. I've got some spare ply and rubber edging I could put round it.

I've also got an electric outboard (Minn Kota) for mine for if I'm feeling lazy it pushes it along quite nicely and the grandkids love it.
My floor is made from 40 mm rigid blue foam insulation board wrapped in 2" wide insulation tape, in 3 sections for portability.
Its a fairly tight fit in the boat but also attached to the original floor with sticky backed Velcro. The foot blocks are also velcroed in place.
The extra seat height means I can reach over the wide side tubes to paddle j stroke with a single blade,
no kayak paddle dripping water all over my legs anymore.

Just as those with motorcycles in the garage would say the same. It depends on are they classed as goods or not.
Preaching to the converted here, I have a motorbike as well, but I see Your point.

Surely at £5000 a punter you'd be better off with something larger? A higher return and probably more seaworthy for that nightly Calais to Dover run.

This is mine turned inside out to dry.

I remember reading that about drying them out being an issue. Ive not noticed the problem though with mine. I tend to if I can just leave it out in the sun deflated and keep turning it over but not always possible and you can never get all the water out. Mine just gets left in the van over winter but so far (touch wood) its not emerged all mouldy or smelly. I wonder if they are treated or something now. Last time it was used would be last Autumn in the North Sea. It might if the weather is right get an outing on Ullswater shortly. It will prove me wrong this time I bet and turn out to be minging! :D

Would be great to get a few days away with it though. By the way, if you are using yours on rivers, canals etc do you have to have a licence? Ive never used mine on the rivers etc. Least not in the UK.

I hope its not mouldy!
Apparently I do need a license but it's quite expensive, so I thought I'd see where we like to paddle best.
Do I not need a license for the ullswater and the like? We aren't too far from the lakes.

We dug our canoe out of the shed after it had been there for two years, no mould or smells, but I always ensured that the canoe was left inflated in the sun to dry out before packing it away.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back