WANTED 2 man inflatable kayak

• Thread starter Deleted member 75250
  • Start date

Deleted member 75250

I'm after a 2 man inflatable kayak please
Not mega expensive though

Under £75.
Not after anything fancy more of a beginners 2 man set.

Seen that one.
Was hoping for something better quality 2nd hand. If nothing appears I'll end up getting one of those.

A price too good to be true and 22 sold in last hour - and the seller has no feedback of any kind for over a year. clearly a dormant account that has been hijacked.

£66 off that looks like a good buy. Intex are a good brand
Thanks

£66 off that looks like a good buy. Intex are a good brand
Thanks

Intex are ok but you do get what you pay for. I had an Intex Excursion dinghy which I gave to my kids/grandkids. The first time they took it out it burst when bringing it ashore again, having said that many reviewers swore by them when I first bought it.

My Sevylor Colorado is as tough as old boots though, and if you do get a puncture you can replace one of the bladders inside the fabric shell, or just repair the bladder with a patch knowing that it will be protected more inside the shell.

Intex are ok but you do get what you pay for. I had an Intex Excursion dinghy which I gave to my kids/grandkids. The first time they took it out it burst when bringing it ashore again, having said that many reviewers swore by them when I first bought it.

My Sevylor Colorado is as tough as old boots though, and if you do get a puncture you can replace one of the bladders inside the fabric shell, or just repair the bladder with a patch knowing that it will be protected more inside the shell.
The Sevylor brand is one I looked at as well as great reputation, but at the time I bought mine, the Intex won out on price. But it was a close call.

Not sure what most people do, but I'm fairly risk-averse so at the same time I bought the Kayak, I also bought a life jacket/'buoyancy aid' to use with it (seemed like a sensible thing to do).

The Sevylor brand is one I looked at as well as great reputation, but at the time I bought mine, the Intex won out on price. But it was a close call.

Not sure what most people do, but I'm fairly risk-averse so at the same time I bought the Kayak, I also bought a life jacket/'buoyancy aid' to use with it (seemed like a sensible thing to do).

Yes I also very nearly bought the Intex kayak as well, the only thing that swayed me was that a member on here was selling an unused Sevylor at a great price and I couldn't refuse.

I'm sure the Intex will be a great buy at the price, just avoid the obvious - brambles, putting weight on the base when it is on sharp gravel and over inflating on hot days which goes for any inflatables.

I got one out of Aldi a few years ago it was cheap. But have to say. I should have wrote to trading standards as it was like a inflatable accordion.🏊‍♂️ When I sat in it the front and back folded up. The only way I could use it was laying flat paddling and all I seen was the sky. I may add it was a lovely sky. What a waste of money

If you can try and see if you can get a used Sevylor twin skin job. I doubt you will get one for £75. To be honest that sort of money is a beach toy but if you can get a used Sevylor for say £100-150 it would be a better option to see if you like it. I got a Sevylor Madison in 2014 I think it was and its still going strong and has been used everywhere from the Scottish Islands to the Med. Goes on the back of the scooter and in the Luton on the van.

We had Intex Dinghies before that which were about fifty quid on Amazon. To be fair they were great fun but I went through about four before I got the Kayak. One got sent back because it was burst on arrival, I was forever repairing punctures until they eventually ended up in a skip in the Pyrenees or wherever.

I cant remember what I paid for my Madison. I think it was retail about £400 but I got it cheaper at Go Outdoors with a discount card and price match. Even they are not totally indestructible though. On the second outing I got a bit cocky and took mine surfing at Saltburn in massive waves. It got totally trashed, full of sand and water but it never burst. I could never get it back into shape though properly even after taking all the bladders out. As it was supposed to stand up to white water :D Sevylor via Go Outdoors replaced it no quibbles. Ive avoided Tsunamis ever since mind.

I have a Sevylor inflatable and its good fun and good quality. You only get what you pay for and ours has been well abused by our two sons and still looks like new. I think ours is a Colorado and happily takes two adults and 2 dogs.

YouTube. The Sailing Frenchman episode 45 about 7 mins in.
he has one from decathlon that he has used in anger since 2017 and it seems to be a good one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back