Wales 20mph limit starts Sept 17th - a heads-up

Jef buys cars. North Wales to Barry with bad fish.

Thinking of starting a estate agency in Wales called 30. So we can install 30 mph speed signs at side of the road at every house for sale !. Just for non profit. May be A charity or may be crowed funding.

Very few if any stick to s limits here, i have seen new 20mph signs in smithfield market belfast, you would be lucky to go that fast.

Nobody is really worried about city speed limits , it's the apparently illll conceived rural ones in the middle of nowhere that really piss people off.

Nobody is really worried about city speed limits , it's the apparently illll conceived rural ones in the middle of nowhere that really piss people off.
Where I live we have a rural accident blackspot. People driving through cannot understand why there is a speed limit there. Since the limit has been in the accidents have been reduced. Speed checks are frequent.
You might be pissed off by being asked to reduce your speed in "the middle of nowhere", but we live here and would prefer not to be killed or maimed by speeding idiots.

Where I live we have a rural accident blackspot. People driving through cannot understand why there is a speed limit there. Since the limit has been in the accidents have been reduced. Speed checks are frequent.
You might be pissed off by being asked to reduce your speed in "the middle of nowhere", but we live here and would prefer not to be killed or maimed by speeding idiots.
What is the speed limit?

We have a similar road near us which is crying out for an enforced 50 limit Meg (The A428 between St Neots and Cambridge).

Just the other day another youngster lost his life there.

We all want our streets to be calm, but not the ones we have to crawl along, human nature, I'm not convinced on the environment argument, we'll need a red flag person next.

I've got to 73 and not been knocked down once, we were taught road safety very early, but we live in the age of the snowflakes now and a nanny state government.

Make more sense to ban the use of earphones in the street

And texting.

The amount of times I see young women staring at their 'phones whilst walking along and completely oblivious to the danger their kids are in. I even experienced a young woman with a pushchair walk out straight in front of me whilst reading a text. I slammed the brakes on and she glowered at me like I'd done something wrong.

And texting.

The amount of times I see young women staring at their 'phones whilst walking along and completely oblivious to the danger their kids are in. I even experienced a young woman with a pushchair walk out straight in front of me whilst reading a text. I slammed the brakes on and she glowered at me like I'd done something wrong.
You did.

And texting.

I think amongst the limited attention span spoonfeds that is their normal behaviour.
Obviously an important prerequisite to cultivate this addiction before they learn to drive!

Hence by the time they are behind a steering wheel, texting, posing for Instagram, bidding on ebay, asking pathetic questions on Facebook, holding the phone at an angle to have shouted conversations etc will have become second nature.

Obviously as a direct result they will naturally be far safer drivers compared to having to learn all those skills whilst concentrating on their newly acquired skill of driving as well ;)

All part of living in a nanny state, quite how we managed to survive into out 60s/70s/80s is beyond me.

Liz's kids have a small sandwich shop in town, they turn their phones of as soon as they get there, but the largest part of their business is in delivering sandwiches to layabouts too lazy to either make their own or walk to the shop.

According to the Guardian, TVGold asked its viewers for their best topical Xmas Cracker jokes.

At number 5: What impact will the Wales 20mph have on the charts this year? Chris Rea will be driving home for Easter.

Gordon

Back