Vaccine

My Wife has a Cousin aged nearly 80. She has never been to her GP, never had any breast screening, smear tests etc. Her GP managed to get in touch with her just to find out if she was still alive. :D

My next birthday I will be jumping up into next group, I shall be phoning the next day to remind them.
You might want to phone your GP to ask them what group you should be in, just in case they have forgot you.
We have been told by tex not to contact the surgery regarding vaccination ,

Our health centre is a main vaccine hub, and they are not renown of remembering when people need flu jab let alone CV-19 one. I can well imagine most health centres not wanting you to ring about jab, as they have little to do with it.

What is more worrying...

News broadcasts showing little old ladies coming out from having vaccination saying;
"Isn't it wonderful, I'll be able to go straight home and hug my grandkids now!".

Er... no, I don't think so....?!!! :oops:

Where are the required public health broadcasts when you need 'em? 😔😥

It beggars belief that they would be allowed to broadcast such fake news 😒

A friend of mine who is a gp said they were so inundated with calls about the vaccine that it has become difficult to book people in for other appointments due to pressure of calls.

I have a condition that should put me in high risk no cure so I live with it .I haven't been to gp for 20 years so I proberbly have dropped of the list , any one else
Think they may have been overlooked.
Who said that, next please. 😂

Think ours are all dead as they never answer, I can picture skeletons found in homes waiting to get through.
skeletion.png

A friend of mine who is a gp said they were so inundated with calls about the vaccine that it has become difficult to book people in for other appointments due to pressure of calls.
I had to phone health centre last week, phoned in afternoon when it is usually picked up in a few minutes, took me around half hour to get through, that week many people had got letter telling them to get flu jab.

Nottingham seems to be on the ball. Had an email yesterday saying we could book a vaccine. SWMBO had a look at the website and found the hubs that they are using. Loads of appointments but you have to be over 80 at the moment. At least it's in place and running so we should be able to get a jab sometime in February.
Just got to wait until they lower the age range. Seems like they are now heading for 24/7 rollout so hopefully not to long. Uk has something like 21 million doses available. Our Doctors Surgery used to be very good but a number of Doctors in the area have closed and they have taken on a very large proportion of it. So we went from being able to see a Doctor in a few days to not being able to see one for over 4 weeks. Self diagnosis works and a written request for antibiotics sometimes works :mad: It's not great.

What is more worrying...

News broadcasts showing little old ladies coming out from having vaccination saying;
"Isn't it wonderful, I'll be able to go straight home and hug my grandkids now!".

Er... no, I don't think so....?!!! :oops:

Where are the required public health broadcasts when you need 'em? 😔😥

It beggars belief that they would be allowed to broadcast such fake news 😒

This is a bit of a worry. If its possible for a vaccinated person to still carry and spread the virus then they still need to follow the same rules. I think at the moment they just dont know. I supplied and set up a new laptop for an old lady this week. Last week I said to her, I wont come in your house to protect us both. Her response was, "Oh its fine, Ive had the vaccine, I can do what I like now". o_O My initial thoughts were, good for you but I was even more guarded then. Never went anywhere near her and did it all remotely. I even connected it all up to her wifi and transferred her stuff sat in the car outside her house before pretty much dumping the new machine on her doorstep. :ROFLMAO:

The other thing that I wondered was how safe these mass vaccination centres are. Hundreds of people in a big hall, all at the same time. I guess there is no other way around it though. How long before we start to see cases of people who caught the virus at the vaccination centre though?

The vaccine is KNOWN to not work immediately. There is an increase in protective antibodies over the 3 weeks from the jab. Even then you are not known to be immune. The 2nd jab and another 3 weeks is needed to get to 90%. Even then 90% is not 100%. There is a lot UNKNOWN about how long any immunity lasts, and whether you might be asymptomatic but a carrier when vaccinated. But it is clear that the vaccine does not work immediately!

There's a lot of talk about immunity, but it seems that while it may or may not stop us getting covid,, if we do, it shouldn't be life threatening as it is now. Think that's how the flue vaccine works too, by limiting the severity of the illness. I think we are still going to have to be cautious for a fair while yet.

My Wife has a Cousin aged nearly 80. She has never been to her GP, never had any breast screening, smear tests etc. Her GP managed to get in touch with her just to find out if she was still alive. :D
I’ve got a friend exactly same, she’s in her 50’s, never been to doctors and never uses dentists either, she’s terrified of anything medical, terrified of catching Covid, so don’t know how the hell she’s gonna be able to get the vaccine. ☹️

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back