True value or Insurance value

I think I will enjoy doing this van no set budget and loads of time I can do it at my leisure.I found stuff in Halfords that works like magic for removing glue and tar spots the van had lettering on and the glue residue left behind is a right pain to get off I’ve been looking for something that helps for years.

IMG_0455.jpeg

Mark kind went 50/50 18inch on a bigger tyer but not the Goodrich tyres I think they are a bit too over the top for every day driving and noisy.

I done that for my 40th bought a top of the range black navara pick up then spent the next three months adding loads of Crome bars big lights 22” wheels tyres tvs in the headrests spent a fortune on it. Got up one morning looked at it and laughed it was sold that day. The boys who worked for me nick named me 10 BoB instead of 50 cent.

Mark kind went 50/50 18inch on a bigger tyer but not the Goodrich tyres I think they are a bit too over the top for every day driving and noisy.
I went for the Goodrich Trail Terrain tyres on my van which are not as aggressive as the All Terrain tyres I had on the last van. They were a bit noisy and reduced mpg by 5mpg.
Nice van and I’m sure you’ll get lots of pleasure in making it your own💪.

My renewal through AIB is due but I thought I would get another quote. From the net I contacted Mark Bates Ltd. They wouldn’t touch me because I’m over 74! The missus is in her 60s but they won’t even have me as named driver.
I told them I’d just walked the Pennine Way but it cut no ice because I’m 76. Outrageous!

My renewal through AIB is due but I thought I would get another quote. From the net I contacted Mark Bates Ltd. They wouldn’t touch me because I’m over 74! The missus is in her 60s but they won’t even have me as named driver.
I told them I’d just walked the Pennine Way but it cut no ice because I’m 76. Outrageous!
I’m 75 and just renewed through ‘caravan guard’ for £360 ,£100+ cheaper than AIB .

Hey Guys,
I think that you just have to be happy with the amount ’YOU’ agree to initially Purchase the vehicle for.
Then almost treat any fit out or conversion costs as ‘Dead Money’ if you sell it sometime later as although it’s been BRILLIANT for you while you have the vehicle, Most new owners Rip it about or Change stuff to suit ‘Their’ purpose.
If it’s a ‘Van’ on the V5 & not been changed to a camper, Then it’s still a Van. 🤔

So if you buy a vehicle for say 15k
& do a 5k self conversion then sell it 4 years later. The ‘Probable’ selling price will be say 15k to someone that wants a camper at a guess 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️.

Last edited:
Very nice Wully, that van will save us from many hours of Glen Campbell songs 👍😁
your joking terry after a sesssion on this van & the amber nectar we’ll have even longer on the old grand oppray

Very nice Wully, that van will save us from many hours of Glen Campbell songs 👍😁
your joking terry after a sesssion on this van & the amber nectar we’ll have even longer on the old grand oppray

It was wishful thinking Ken, and thinking Wully would be too knackered after a few sessions van tinkering 😁

I’ll have nae money left to do anything looks like an expensive exercise . Started buying stuff in to do the van. I’ll do a Go fund me page with every donation of a £1 donated I’ll give you a week without Glen Campbell. 🤑

I can't wait to see the outside all pimped up and rhinstone cowboy blasting out of the stereo, the bull bar with big lights and cameras all around it. Not forgetting the chrome handle and wing mirror, like Mossies got.
😃😆👍

I’ll have nae money left to do anything looks like an expensive exercise . Started buying stuff in to do the van. I’ll do a Go fund me page with every donation of a £1 donated I’ll give you a week without Glen Campbell. 🤑
I would pay a fiver for that Wully. :p

Just back from dropping Liams info tree off to get galvanised and Woodie was showing me the interior of his sons van which the crowd above do. Pretty well thought out and looked well built, may be worth a look. Not sure how you would get on with the rock and roll bed though you being into country and western.

Had a look at that website Sam they do some good stuff. Think I will go with one of that type of designs it’s only gonna be two berth so no rock and roll bed just double across the back and 100% want shower and toilet cubicle big ask fro a MWB van. No gas all electric. I’ve managed to source and buy the seat swivels there’s a company in York that do a double seat swivel really clever piece of kit. So up to now… Alloy wheels… pvc wheel arches…LED-headlights and mirrors…side steps… seat swivels…Front bull bar… just Pricing up glass at the moment.

Last edited:
Had a look at that website Sam they do some good stuff. Think I will go with one of that type of designs it’s only gonna be two berth so no rock and roll bed just double across the back and 100% want shower and toilet cubicle big ask fro a MWB van. No gas all electric. I’ve managed to source and buy the seat swivels there’s a company in York that do a double seat swivel really clever piece of kit. So up to now… Alloy wheels… pvc wheel arches…LED-headlights and mirrors…side steps… seat swivels…Front bull bar… just Pricing up glass at the moment.
I think the company builds kitchens according to Woodie. They did look very good quality and stylish.

Do you need the 3 seats up front? 2 captain seats and easy access walk through to rear? She’s gona look smart as toast😏

Back