Trip to France

Don't know which way you are heading, but Dinant is a pretty nice place to visit, if you don't mind touristy, but the Ardennes is pretty nice in general.

Nothing wrong with Belgium, I spent years just using it as a route to somewhere decent before realising what was there to see.

Besides you got far more chance of getting a Latte in Belgium than you will in France :)
Now you tell us :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Luxembourg tomorrow or Wednesday what chance a latte there?

Its everything to do with me!! And the other members of this epic thread. As I am unable to go to France due to my van being ancient I will be on this trip with you albeit vicariously. So we are going to need better entertainment than this. Are you any good at Base Jumping? :D
Liz asks where the best wild swimming is?

There are a Eff of a lot of my relatives and wolves in France downing the mountains so if you don't start a Pudsey appreciation society I'll show them you pictures and tell them.to get you next time you venture this way that is if ever get your atse I hear and get s van big enough to carry your mighty girth around

Liz asks where the best wild swimming is?

There are a Eff of a lot of my relatives and wolves in France downing the mountains so if you don't start a Pudsey appreciation society I'll show them you pictures and tell them.to get you next time you venture this way that is if ever get your atse I hear and get s van big enough to carry your mighty girth around

Now you are talking!! You need this. Its called boating for motorhomers wot I wrote but you you could go swimming I suppose. Loads of spots all by water all over Europe but mainly France (remember where we all thought you were going?)

Not sure on the latte, but definately the place to top up the fuel tank, most of the border service stations seem to have tobacco/alcohol stores to serve those from surrounding countries.

Definitely available for Android but not when you're in the UK.

Are you sure you've left our shores... or are you holed up in secret on the south coast!
Certymont

Screenshot_20240429-171912_Maps.jpg

Charleville is good too.

As long as you avoid the city, Luxembourg is good too, sure you'll get a latte there. Could try Mosel for swimming. :)

In fact may as well do Mosel in Germany seeing as you've completely bypassed France. :p:):LOL:

Screenshot from fuelflash.eu for 20km radius of Chareville-mezieres for LPG (GPL). Also available in map form and adjustable by price or distance and of course petrol or diesel. Total generally refuse to sell to motorhomes. Best use supermarkets but watch how they are laid out for access and more particularly exit. Ignore the advert at bottom of screen. Can't get shot, but not intrusive.

Davy

Screenshot_20240429-164830.png

We have been there - I'm not crazy about these commercial Camping Car Park aires, the idea of being able to book in advance sort of defeats the purpose of the spontaneity for me. But, they are handy if you want a clean safe spot with power, and that one is in a cracking location with the park and lake to walk round.
Yes, they have spent money to make it like a good place if sites are your thing but it's not for us.

Screenshot from fuelflash.eu for 20km radius of Chareville-mezieres for LPG (GPL). Also available in map form and adjustable by price or distance and of course petrol or diesel. Total generally refuse to sell to motorhomes. Best use supermarkets but watch how they are laid out for access and more particularly exit. Ignore the advert at bottom of screen. Can't get shot, but not intrusive.

Davy

View attachment 130677
Ah!! Not an app, but a website got it now.

Looks very good, took a minute to see how it works for my frazzled loaf.

Liz wants to do France clockwise, not sure that's wise but, less aggro.

Its not a bad idea as I presume after you have been to Luxembourg you are going to head into eastern France and work your way down? If you do you have the Alsace (pretty villages and towns and lumpy bits), Jura, a much overlooked gem with fabulous scenery, Mountains, some of the best cheese in France and some lovely little lakes for swimming etc and then you could head into the French Alps, do a bit of the Route des Grande Alps, Annecy (which is amazing) and then head into Provence, Lac st Croix and the Verdon Gorges. It dont get much better than that.

Once you have done that lot you can head east across Provence, Aveyron, Dordogne etc.

There you go, epic trip planned for you! :cool:

Unsure have the right bits of paper to go wandering around the EU only did Belgium by accident the first time then it seemed silly not to to come here, with only a crit air sticker.

Back