Travel to the EU after January 1st

The rules about meat and dairy products are the same for every non-EU country, including Morocco. Some people may have got through without being checked (customs officials never check everybody, whichever country you are entering) but it is probably not a wise thing to do - and remember that claiming you didn't know is no excuse. The rules are there for everybody to read if they choose to.

Very true, although in my experience the chances of getting across to mainland Spain on the Ceuta crossing without having a dog in your van are virtually zero. Obviously they ain't sniffing out ham or cheese though.

1610449399094.png

I can remember being asked if I was carrying meat or dairy products into the UK pre EU membership. It's not that things are changing, just that they are reverting to what happened before. Unfortunately it's only old fogies like me that can remember that far back.

I can remember being asked if I was carrying meat or dairy products into the UK pre EU membership. It's not that things are changing, just that they are reverting to what happened before. Unfortunately it's only old fogies like me that can remember that far back.

Ditto.

Only maybe not quite as old ... ;)😝(y)

It's the baccy that concerns me now gonna cost an arm and a leg (y)

Even on the rare occasion you get stopped going into Switzerland, they'll ask if you have meat etc.

Don't remember ever being stopped on the way out though.

During the last foot & mouth outbreak we were in Spain when it started. Everyone who came over the Portsmouth to Santander ferry had any meat confiscated. That included danish bacon in sealed packets.

I definitely feel aggrieved, as we often go through late evening, stop close to calais, then have a good run the next day. Will have to stop for food shopping now, which is a real pain. And, although local cuisine is great, there are odd things which you hanker for when away a long while. Will have to stick with powdered milk, tinned foods ...no real hardship just another niggle. As you say, in the scheme of things, not massive. Pinning my hopes on common sense breaking through and these irritations being sorted.....eventually!
Just watch what's in the cans... And bear in mind that only powdered BABY milk is exempt.

• Thank You
Reactions: REC
With very slow vaccination rates in Europe and tourist dependent areas very keen to promote travel it would appear that ‘vaccination passports’ are being considered again, possibly making travel around the EU possible by the Summer for those who are vaccinated. Link

If I were a betting man I would say it will be almost inevitable that some form of vaccination proof will eventually be required to travel around the EU. Maybe even required to access public areas within the UK. I'm OK with that as long as it is not an 'app' that can be used to track movements for other nefarious purposes.
Sorry to be vague about this, but I did read somewhere that the Welsh Government are issuing a card stating one's vaccination status.

If I were a betting man I would say it will be almost inevitable that some form of vaccination proof will eventually be required to travel around the EU. Maybe even required to access public areas within the UK. I'm OK with that as long as it is not an 'app' that can be used to track movements for other nefarious purposes.
Sorry to be vague about this, but I did read somewhere that the Welsh Government are issuing a card stating one's vaccination status.

Maybe it won't be as bad as we think.
The reason would be to protect public health after all.

You already need proof of vaccination for other diseases before travelling to some parts of the world where those diseases are still a threat - yellow fever, typhoid, etc. etc.

I agree with you about the app side. Don't particularly trust big tech, never have.

Great stuff.
Does that mean I can stop me ex Mrs, who has lupus, coming round and annoying me. 😂

Mixed messages at the moment as to if she should have the vaccine.

Maybe it won't be as bad as we think.
The reason would be to protect public health after all.

You already need proof of vaccination for other diseases before travelling to some parts of the world where those diseases are still a threat - yellow fever, typhoid, etc. etc.

I agree with you about the app side. Don't particularly trust big tech, never have.
It's worse than i was expecting now - so i'm gonna carry on keeping my head down and hope it passes over me

It has been clearly stated today that there will be no vaccination passport. Watch BBC News tonight for confirmation.

I read about the Welsh Card as well and will be happy to receive one here
But what will it prove just that You've been Vaccinated Not that Your not carrying it even when you've had the Jab You can still carry and spread it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back