Travel to the EU after January 1st

I have seen this banded about for a week or so now but its not made big news. The Guardian covered it.

I believe its Europe wide, not just Spain but countries I think have the power to override it.

Doesnt sound like its going to be a short term thing either. More staycations for 2021 then by the looks of it.

At some point next year, there will be a discussion on the UK’s inclusion in Annex I (but the current epidemiological situation in the UK and the timing, with the approaching holiday season, mean that this discussion will be delayed)”.

Personally i think if if you want to go for it do it - but if you are asking for advise your'e not sure and probably safer to stay put as it could turn problematic for some

My son was saying that you might only be allowed to stay here for only 30 days they have been shown photos of what this pass looks like in his station and all of the Guardia will have them to show when you entered Spain. But this is still being sorted out :(

My brother and his wife were moving to Spain in January and because of the uncertainty he moved it forward so them and all their belongings went 2 weeks ago they have had a holiday home out there for years now it’s there home though they have not sold their house here it’s rented out long term until the Brexit dust settles then they will cut the Uk umbilical cord.

My brother and his wife were moving to Spain in January and because of the uncertainty he moved it forward so them and all their belongings went 2 weeks ago they have had a holiday home out there for years now it’s there home though they have not sold their house here it’s rented out long term until the Brexit dust settles then they will cut the Uk umbilical cord.
Why sell the house ? obviously depends on income versus realising the capital...just something for them to ponder
As you say when the dust settles !

Why sell the house ? obviously depends on income versus realising the capital...just something for them to ponder
As you say when the dust settles !
Yes it,s not written in stone that they sell the house but they felt that it’s not a decision they can make at this moment in time if they manage financially they will probably keep the house for the foreseeable future as they are both in mid fifties and taken early retirement he has the time to weigh up his options.

That is one thing that was talked about at a meting my son went to the police deporting anyone that stays over the 30 days

That is one thing that was talked about at a meting my son went to the police deporting anyone that stays over the 30 days

If they do introduce such a restriction then we'll put in an application for residencia - that'll keep them occupied until we are due to catch our ferry at the end of March :)

John you better do that quick because ever thing is closing for Christmas till the new year :D

Events in the Uk the new virus strain which appears to spread more effectively and the southeast including Kent going into the new tier 4 . Makes going abroad by way of Dover which is where we are booked porobably immoral and even illegal. The new virus may have mutated in London and 60% of new covid cases are the new strain in the tier 4 area, so it is very effective.
No other Countries want it so they will not want us even if we only travelled through the affected area. So we will probably postpone the ferry until this is over. By the time we are due to go 28 th December all south coast ports may be affected.

Events in the Uk the new virus strain which appears to spread more effectively and the southeast including Kent going into the new tier 4 . Makes going abroad by way of Dover which is where we are booked porobably immoral and even illegal. The new virus may have mutated in London and 60% of new covid cases are the new strain in the tier 4 area, so it is very effective.
No other Countries want it so they will not want us even if we only travelled through the affected area. So we will probably postpone the ferry until this is over. By the time we are due to go 28 th December all south coast ports may be affected.

A wise decision I think. I cant remember what Johnsons exact words were but I think foreign travel was essential only now but you can be pretty sure if the UK soars above the rest of Europe again they wont be letting us in anyway (well according to the links above, that was the case after Jan 1 anyway). I think we just have to stay at home, ride it out and wait for a vaccine.

From the Gov website.
International travel to or from a tier 4 area
If you are in Tier 4, you should not be travelling abroad unless it is permitted. In addition, you should consider the public health advice in the country you are visiting.

If you live outside a tier 4 area you may still transit into or through a tier 4 area to travel abroad if you need to, but you should carefully consider whether you need to do so. In addition, you should follow the public health advice in the country you’re visiting.

If you do need to travel overseas from a tier 4 area (and are legally permitted to do so, for example, because it is for work), even if you are returning to a place you've visited before, you should look at the rules in place at your destination and the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) travel advice.

UK residents currently abroad do not need to return home immediately. However, you should check with your airline or travel operator on arrangements for returning.

If they do introduce such a restriction then we'll put in an application for residencia - that'll keep them occupied until we are due to catch our ferry at the end of March :)
No worries what is worst they could do - probably only arrest you take you to airport and force you to fly back leaving van where it is until you can collect it again

Updated list you can sleep easy tonight

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back