Tom Tom Camper Max not very good ?

Play Store has an app called "CoPilot GPS Sat-Nav & Traffic"

If you have a different CoPilot app, you probably need to get this one. Latest version is 10.28.2.155 updated on 19/06/2024.
If you already have this version of the app, try looking in the menu and then Store (bottom right). to see whether it offers the option of purchasing 1 Year of Caravan Navigation & Traffic. (I already have it, but can't recall how I first accessed it.) If not there, try Settings > Vehicle Routing Profiles > Caravan and take it from there.

Once you do get it set up, it's worth setting up custom profiles for both car and moho. For the moho, you can set a governor speed for ETAs if you have a policy of never exceeding a particular speed (perhaps for reasons of fuel economy). If your routeing is set to Fastest, the governor speed setting can help avoid being taken far greater distances due to the algorithm assuming that you will drive at 130km/h (and save 1 second by driving a lot further to use motorways) when in fact you have no intention of exceeding 90km/h.
Ah!!

1724514953321.png

Screenshot_20240824-165858_CoPilot GPS.jpg

Screenshot_20240824-165923_CoPilot GPS.jpg

And the same version number, not found where to put the sizes in though yet, gimme a week or two :D :D

You probably need to go to MENU (three horizontal lines) > Store (with trolley icon) and subscribe to Caravan navigation in order to open up the extra profiles.
Screenshot_20240824-180725.png

This all that's in there though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824-190116_CoPilot GPS.jpg
    Screenshot_20240824-190116_CoPilot GPS.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 21
I used to be a dedicated TomTom fan having had them since the early days of sat-navs but when they started fannying around and stopped you being able to load your own POI`s i changed over to the large screen Garmin Camper series and have never looked back.

IMHO opinion they are great and do everything i need from a sat-nav.

Other makes are available.

I used to be a dedicated TomTom fan having had them since the early days of sat-navs but when they started fannying around and stopped you being able to load your own POI`s i changed over to the large screen Garmin Camper series and have never looked back.

IMHO opinion they are great and do everything i need from a sat-nav.

Other makes are available.
Cheers, Which Garmin are you using and i take it you have downloaded the wildcamping Database successfully ? I can only return my units back to Halfords for Gift vouchers so would need to change for something they have in stock. Thanks

Cheers, Which Garmin are you using and i take it you have downloaded the wildcamping Database successfully ? I can only return my units back to Halfords for Gift vouchers so would need to change for something they have in stock. Thanks
Not fit for purpose is a full refund, quote the sale of goods act.

Just an update, Thanks to all whom commented. Ive returned it for an exchange for the Garmin Camper 795. Ive managed to install Wild camping POI on the device but need to play about a bit more to see if they pop uas i drive by. The Garmin also has preloaded Camper Contact, Acsi and Acsi Camping card POI's too plus others, looks like a few more than Tom Tom Camper.

My learnings is not to listen to Popular Youtubers whom have been given free units in return making false claims of the devices capabilities.

Cheers All.

Last edited:
Just got up here checked the phone and TOMTOM just took 19.99 out of my account no warning.

We used Copilot coming up, I put in Moffat just to remind me of the turn off, took the exit to the roundabout and it said to turn right towards Beattock 180 the wrong way, a lot of naffness there.

Still no got any caravan or moho options.

We used Copilot coming up, I put in Moffat just to remind me of the turn off, took the exit to the roundabout and it said to turn right towards Beattock 180 the wrong way, a lot of naffness there.

Still no got any caravan or moho options.
CoPilot has taken me round that roundabout numerous times with no issues, but I put in places that I want to get to rather than places near a turn-off, and let the satnav decide on the routeing, exits, etc. ☺️
What happens if you search for CoPilot GPS in Play Store? Does it show any version other than the one that shows up with "Installed" (and the "Open" button if not already open)?

Ive managed to install Wild camping POI on the device but need to play about a bit more to see if they pop uas i drive by.
This is not possible with Garmin devices to the best of my knowledge. It's a topic raised a number of times in the past.

This is not possible with Garmin devices to the best of my knowledge. It's a topic raised a number of times in the past.
Thanks Chris,

It does show camper contact, Acsi poi , all the Wildcamping Ones are shown as numbers. Not sure what happens while driving. Ive always got my iphone 6 with Tom Tom Western Europe to fall back on with POI :)

CoPilot has taken me round that roundabout numerous times with no issues, but I put in places that I want to get to rather than places near a turn-off, and let the satnav decide on the routeing, exits, etc. ☺️
What happens if you search for CoPilot GPS in Play Store? Does it show any version other than the one that shows up with "Installed" (and the "Open" button if not already open)?
I normally use G maps and it comes straight into the town center Tom just entering Moffat.

I looked on play and only on option, so I've no idea how to bring up what you have considering I have the exact version you have.

Hi Kev,

Looks very much the same as mine, but if you've been using CoPilot for some years, the answer may be here: https://support.copilotgps.com/en/s...-in-auto-and-truck-profiles-in-copilot-v10-10

It looks as though you may need to set up a new CoPilot ID in order to access RV/Caravan settings/navigation. It may be that @Canalsman can advise, as I believe that he was using CoPilot before the change, otherwise you could raise a support ticket with CoPilot - I've normally found them quite responsive.

I normally use G maps and it comes straight into the town center Tom just entering Moffat.

I looked on play and only on option, so I've no idea how to bring up what you have considering I have the exact version you have.
Yes, if I tell CoPilot that I want to go to Moffat, it offers Moffat, GB, Dumfriesshire DG10 9 City Centre. But if you look at the map, it shows the "City centre" of Beattock. The issue is that CoPilot appears to use Post Towns when displaying location lists, and MOFFAT is the post town for Beattock. DG10 9 includes addresses in both Beattock and Moffat. It's always good practice to check locations on the map when selecting them! :) I've encountered similar issues in Google Maps, where a place name in France brings up a particular hit, but it's not the one that I want; in Google Maps, it's sometimes necessary to add the name of the département in order for a valid place to appear in the list. When entering coordinates into a satnav, I normally check that the location looks right on the map in case I've input a digit incorrectly or selected the wrong side of the Greenwich Meridian.

Back