Toilet Cassette Dump Points

UFO

Knowing where to find places where it is permitted to safely dump toilet cassette contents is useful when travelling in the UK. A couple of recent posts have indicated that they are out there. I wonder whether this information could be added to the POIs in some way, so it is possible to search for this facility. I have started a list, below, please feel free to add to it.

Lytham St. Annes, North Promenade Car Park
A sluice for use by motorhomes is provided in the public WCs. 20 minutes free parking is provided in a designated bay beside the building.
53.750436, -3.035349
Water - N
Grey Water disposal - N
Cassette toilet dump - Y
Overnight - N (available Swimming Pool and North Beach Car Parks)
£ - 1

Muir of Dinnet, Cairngorm National Park
57.084770, -2.943714
Water - Y
Grey Water disposal - ?
Cassette toilet dump - Y
Overnight - Y x 1
£ - donation

Long Buckby, on Grand Union canal
52.28585, -1.11387
Water - N
Grey Water disposal - N
Cassette toilet dump - Y
Overnight - Y
£ - 0

Canterbury, Dover Road Park & Ride
51.26173, 1.10161
Water - Y
Grey Water disposal - Y
Cassette toilet dump - Y
Overnight - Y
£ - £3.50 for 24 hours = £7 overnight

Ahh but living in the southwest we can make a proper trip of it venturing way up north ie anywhere north of Bristol, or alternatively it’s even easier to hop on a chunnel train and set our sights across the water.

For many reasons..The south is crowded.
IMHO "wildcamping" south of say Oxford, is simply very difficult.
Waste disposal similarly.

1605084740557.png

Apart from more space in the north there is also more disposable income in the north, with public service national pay grades but cost of living disparaty, hence possibly more being spent on luxuries like motorhomes and leisure. I look forward to your opinions..

Apart from more space in the north there is also more disposable income in the north, with public service national pay grades but cost of living disparaty, hence possibly more being spent on luxuries like motorhomes and leisure. I look forward to your opinions..
Ah ! So that's what happened to my can of worms !

I quite often feel like I live in the frozen wastes when reading about motorhoming. Everything seems northern centric to this poor soul in the south.
Other than London and Bristol the UK population lives in or North of Birmingham, even places like Southampton and Portsmouth don't come close in population. Liverpool Manchester, Leeds, Hull, Newcastle, Glasgow etc etc

So rather than wealth let's say 1 in 1000 people (completely made up) own a MH the concentration is gonna be up here and people in London often don't have the space so yes the industry is up North but I suspect not due to economic reasons.

Up here are also the big playing grounds, Penines, Lakes, Dale's, York moors and all the beauty North of the border....

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back